PDA

View Full Version : Light Control Module

prg333
07-01-2013, 04:58 PM
On Sat I noticed both my low beam headlight's would not come on. The high beams only worked if you help them on with the stick. The fuses were fine.

I am pretty sure it is the LCM. I read many Taxi cabs (Crown Vics) had fires because of a rebuilt or re-manufactured after market. LCM.

The OEM LCM from Ford is $529.00!!!!!!!! Kind of NUTS for a small little box.

Anyone here have to replace theirs on a 2004 Marauder or Crown Vic/ Grand Marquis.

Can a brand new OE LCM be had for a lot less? How about reliable rebuilt one?

Thank you for the help! :beer:

Spectragod
07-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Rebuilt is the way to go, contact Jim, i.e. Fastblackmerc

fastblackmerc
07-01-2013, 05:41 PM
On Sat I noticed both my low beam headlight's would not come on. The high beams only worked if you help them on with the stick. The fuses were fine.

I am pretty sure it is the LCM. I read many Taxi cabs (Crown Vics) had fires because of a rebuilt or re-manufactured after market. LCM.

The OEM LCM from Ford is $529.00!!!!!!!! Kind of NUTS for a small little box.

Anyone here have to replace theirs on a 2004 Marauder or Crown Vic/ Grand Marquis.

Can a brand new OE LCM be had for a lot less? How about reliable rebuilt one?

Thank you for the help! :beer:

PM sent...........

SC Cheesehead
07-02-2013, 03:29 AM
Rebuilt is the way to go, contact Jim, i.e. Fastblackmerc

Yup, FBM will get you fixed right up, ask me how I know... :up:

RF Overlord
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM
I read many Taxi cabs (Crown Vics) had fires because of a rebuilt or re-manufactured after market. LCM. First time I've heard that.
Can a brand new OE LCM be had for a lot less? How about reliable rebuilt one?Don't even bother with new or retail rebuilds. NONE of them will be reliable. Go with Jim's repair and you'll be totally happy.

Granddaddy Marq
07-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Go with Jim. He puts some kind of lifetime warranty on his repair. You know "as long as the car is drivable, or until it burst into FLAMES".

SC Cheesehead
07-02-2013, 10:20 AM
First time I've heard that.Don't even bother with new or retail rebuilds. NONE of them will be reliable. Go with Jim's repair and you'll be totally happy.

Go with Jim. He puts some kind of lifetime warranty on his repair. You know "as long as the car is drivable, or until it burst into FLAMES".

^^^^^ What they said. Plus, FBM locates the HD relay on outside of the LCM case, so in the (highly) unlikely event the relay fails, it can easily be removed and replaced without removing the LCM. Win-Win!

fastblackmerc
07-02-2013, 11:49 AM
On

I have seen one o two of these. "Thermal event" has definitely occurred. Probably a ad solder job or incorrect OEM type relay. I'd post pictures ut I threw the LCM out.

A CV or GM LCM from the same vintage will e he same as the MM's.

I offer a warranty.... As long as the car is running I'll warranty my repair.