View Full Version : Hood Pin Thread

WhatsUpDOHC
07-11-2013, 04:14 PM
This post

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88216

Got me ta thinkin' about hood pins.

At Cecil earlier this year, a hot CV with a Cobra had these, I believe

http://aerocatchhoodpinsr.wordpress.c om/

Any opinions on hood pins for the hood referenced in the above thread?

Mark

fastblackmerc
07-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't want to mess up the hood.

RoyLPita
07-11-2013, 05:30 PM
i wouldn't want to mess up the hood.

+1...................

maineiac
07-11-2013, 05:38 PM
I actually saw those on a hood of o badass red cv from NJ at atco a year or so ago looked pretty good compared to most ive seen,i'll see if i can find the pics of it.

cat in the hat
07-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Can't you use the stock springs and latch with that hood ?

ctrlraven
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
As long as you get the reduced strength hood struts or don't use hood struts the factory hardware works fine. I was not going to put hood pins on mine and I've had my car doing triple digits plenty of times and the hood has been fine.

boatmangc
07-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Only cool if you remove the hinges altogether and use 4 so you can lift the hood off entirely.

SC Cheesehead
07-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Only cool if you remove the hinges altogether and use 4 so you can lift the hood off entirely.

Yeah, Gary, old school style. :up:

WhatsUpDOHC
07-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I actually saw those on a hood of o badass red cv from NJ at atco a year or so ago looked pretty good compared to most ive seen,i'll see if i can find the pics of it.
Prolly the same guy who was at Cecil.

WhatsUpDOHC
07-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Cool is the only way I roll, boatman. :cool::D

Ladyhawke
07-11-2013, 06:52 PM
As long as you get the reduced strength hood struts or don't use hood struts the factory hardware works fine. I was not going to put hood pins on mine and I've had my car doing triple digits plenty of times and the hood has been fine.

+1

We have had no issues either at speed. The only issue we see is the dimple on each side from the reduced strength hood struts pushing on the hood. You can unhook the struts and let the sun even it out, like Justbob suggested to us.

justbob
07-11-2013, 07:05 PM
+1

We have had no issues either at speed. The only issue we see is the dimple on each side from the reduced strength hood struts pushing on the hood. You can unhook the struts and let the sun even it out, like Justbob suggested to us.

PM sent......

Haggis
07-12-2013, 04:46 AM
PM sent......

Whay are you Pming my wife? Is there something going on behind my back?

Also the driver's front corner does not sit flush with the fender.

ctrlraven
07-12-2013, 05:34 AM
Neither does mine and there is more of a gap on the drivers side than on the passenger side in the front corner area.

Haggis
07-12-2013, 05:35 AM
Neither does mine and there is more of a gap on the drivers side than on the passenger side in the front corner area.

You can ajust that by the bolts that hole the struts to the hood.

justbob
07-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Whay are you Pming my wife? Is there something going on behind my back?

PM sent....

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Blackened300a
07-12-2013, 11:13 AM

Perhaps I'll wait til I see some cars with the hood mounted before committing.