PDA

View Full Version : Richfield resident - looking at MM

nick_danger
03-22-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm looking at a July purchase (for my birthday). Any input on dealer selection (people to avoid, etc.) would be helpful. Thanks!

Billatpro
03-22-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm looking at a July purchase (for my birthday). Any input on dealer selection (people to avoid, etc.) would be helpful. Thanks!

Stay away from Luther, Coon Rapids L/M has a good service department with one or two service tech's dedicated to the Marauder. I don't know if they have any left but I could check if you like.(I have a good sales guy there who understands this car and is a motorhead as well)

Bill

Strider74
03-22-2004, 03:43 PM
So far I've had great luck with Motorwerks Mercury in Bloomington. There sales dept is just average but the service guys have been great and they don't give me any hassle about my mods and have been are willing to do future mods as long as their tech guy can handle the work. Not everyone can put in a supercharger after all. I don't think that they have any Marauders on site though. :D

Zane
03-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Nick,

For highly related information see:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7423&highlight=beatrice.

Happy motoring!!!

mrogerc
03-22-2004, 05:04 PM
I just bought from Whitaker in South Saint Paul. Wade Zwick did a great job doing the work to find the car I wanted and kept every promise he made.

After several bad experiences with my 2000 Lincoln LS with a northern suburb LM dealer, I switched to Whitaker, and have been very happy with their service.

nick_danger
03-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Funny, I bought my most recent Caprice from Whitaker. My salesman ("Sly") was a complete jerk - but I talked him down from $16,500 to $10,000 with tax/license for my '96 fully loaded Caprice LT1. :rock:

I just stopped by the Merc dealer on the south frontage road on 494 near Lyndale in Bloomington last night, but they were out of MMs for me to test drive. :(

I expect I'll be running around test driving at any location that has an MM tonight - I might be able to swing purchasing one sooner than I thought!