PDA

View Full Version : Blower quit, BCM?

tapl
08-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Where can I find the BCM? is there a post walking through the repair?

I'm letting my son drive the Marauder for a while (its a chick magnet) and the blower quit. Everything else checks out. He'll have to fix it, but i need clear directions or he'll take off a tire or something else silli.

Thanks.:help:

Mebot
08-13-2013, 11:55 AM
The bcm is behind the passenger side cam cover. It is attached to the firewall and next to the ac unit. It's a relatively small piece that I've heard can be quite a pain trying to remove/install. There are write-up threads on it but before you tackle it, take a handle from a screw driver and gently tap it a couple times. This has helped many folks in the past.

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away..

SC Cheesehead
08-13-2013, 12:06 PM

I'm letting my son drive the Marauder for a while (its a chick magnet) and the blower quit. Everything else checks out. He'll have to fix it, but i need clear directions or he'll take off a tire or something else silli.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48707

lji372
08-13-2013, 07:24 PM

Thought you were letting him take the car so he could get a blower in his travels:confused:

:laugh:

Green96
08-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Rock auto has a good price on them. I did not go with OEM when I replaced mine. I went with the "improved" after market version.

BLACKMARAUDER04
08-14-2013, 01:46 PM
I have replaced mine twice. I couldn't get it off the firewall myself.
I had the dealer do it.

fastblackmerc
08-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Rock auto has a good price on them. I did not go with OEM when I replaced mine. I went with the "improved" after market version.

What one is that?

screamn
08-14-2013, 02:17 PM

+1 on which aftermarket version?

I just purchased a rebuilt/reworked one from Jim aka fastblackmerc and gave him my old one over a year and half ago.

He did a fine job and his BCM is top notch. Blows hard! And I know...that's what she said.

Green96
08-14-2013, 05:09 PM
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2063236&cc=1428218

The thicker trace widths handle the heat better. My electrical engineer friend at work tried to fix my old one twice. He fixed the known solder crack issue, then fixed it again and added a jumper wire to bypass the area that kept failing and it still went out again. He was sure that there was another break in one of the thin traces on the board. I picked op the one listed above and the copper traces on the board are noticeable wider.

And the price is right.

MOTOWN
08-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Thats the same one i bought, i see the price has come down, i paid $56 bucks for it!

tapl
08-14-2013, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=lji372;1321677]Thought you were letting him take the car so he could get a blower in his travels:confused:
He's old enough now that I would certainly hope so. He'd be way ahead of me.

Great response on this forum. Outstanding. Thanks all.

Ordered the AirTek (sp?) from Rock auto. Love that place. keeps my toys alive.

lji372
08-14-2013, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=lji372;1321677]Thought you were letting him take the car so he could get a blower in his travels:confused:
He's old enough now that I would certainly hope so. He'd be way ahead of me.

Great response on this forum. Outstanding. Thanks all.

Ordered the AirTek (sp?) from Rock auto. Love that place. keeps my toys alive.

Sorry to offend
I thought you would take it kindly :(

Linkin
08-29-2013, 03:16 PM
I have this issue too, I have replaced the bcm with no luck. I may have gotten a bad one. I have the fan wired to the battery for now. Any other ideas?

RF Overlord
08-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Airtex/Wells usually make pretty decent stuff.

Dorman is the brand to avoid.