PDA

View Full Version : Reverse camera

rossv1
08-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Hey everyone. Been a minute since I've posted but I have a question in dire need of an answer. Decided to join the double din club and got the Pioneer App Radio 3. I installed a rearview camera with it. Two of the 3 wires were spliced into on of the reverse lights (one for + one for -) in the rear, but I don't know where to wire the last wire that turns the camera on while in reverse. Thoughts?

lancejlove
08-14-2013, 04:05 AM
Sorry cant help on the wiring but I'm interested in this radio also and was waiting to get one. I like the idea of the radio and you can pretty much do anything with it. How do you like the radio?

Hey everyone. Been a minute since I've posted but I have a question in dire need of an answer. Decided to join the double din club and got the Pioneer App Radio 3. I installed a rearview camera with it. Two of the 3 wires were spliced into on of the reverse lights (one for + one for -) in the rear, but I don't know where to wire the last wire that turns the camera on while in reverse. Thoughts?

Sully008
08-14-2013, 07:56 AM

Hi Ross,

You have the wires connected to the wrong points. The + of the camera goes to ignition/accessoy, the - goes to ground, not to the Reverse lights. There should also be a yellow RCA plug that will go into the video in of the radio.

Now, there should be a violet/white wire in the harness of the APP3 that you attach to the + of the reverse lights. This is what tells the radio that you're backing up and to switch to the camera.

Link to Pioneer camera install manual:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/130/130NDBC6.PDF

Link to Pionner APP1 radio install manual (Pages 10 and 12, this refers to a pink wire for reverse, but searching the web, the APP3 has a violet/white. Please confirm.):

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/SPH-DA01_AppRadio_InstallationManu al.pdf

Hope this helps.

rossv1
08-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Thank you so much Sully, your a life saver. It is the violet/white cord that I was talking about. I will try and resolves this tomorrow (hooray). lancejlove, I am happy with the unit so far. I'm having a little trouble with the actual "app radio" feature at the moment as well. Im using my Samsung Galaxy S2 right now until I can upgrade to the S4 in October. It may have to do with the poor reception from being in the woods and being a Sprint customer but who knows. I've have the unit in the car for 3 days now an have been using it mainly for Pandora on the phone. One thing to know is that your going to have to but a lot of extra cords for it in order to do reverse camera, Appradio for either the Iphone or Android, Ipod playing capability, and using the Mirrorlink feature. So it'll be more than the initial price, just an fyi.

Sully008
08-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Let us know how it works out for you!:beer:

rossv1
08-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Update - This idea worked! Thanks again Sully008. Headunit have been awesome ever since.

Sully008
08-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Update - This idea worked! Thanks again Sully008. Headunit have been awesome ever since.

Glad I could help.:beer: