PDA

View Full Version : Did someone say BBQ???

GAMike
08-16-2013, 07:56 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbVlikaRuux sKQEaL3qMAF3HG04zghBlXNNw0u5GV 9UacxD3-ttA (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=bbq+ribs&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=NAh9or9-5MMTFM&tbnid=L_kiVRhijeiZJM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smackersb bq.com%2Fsmokers.html&ei=Yj0OUqPQDaSEygGWqIBQ&bvm=bv.50768961,d.b2I&psig=AFQjCNEXkHyIBWuhVJQjjIPlm 5PZo6VqHw&ust=1376751283771193)http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNedDGBIjAk e-5l0MDqhEUVc5-NKI1ZgEC4qmKq1jzQ-jTl7y7DQ

GAMike
08-16-2013, 08:00 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUDy3JvLVOQ rX8MRR6qh-4Ef5dahd8CiMRFCuTWvDaXfpReL1l

GAMike
08-16-2013, 08:01 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-UBy0KK65zV3Nn3YtoLVGQP8cjuiCmb 5kkBcGJqDsDmaRbCKy

Its what's going down @ Marauderville XI...... You in???:banana2::banana2: Come hungry:D

MM03MOK
08-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Officially drooling right now!!!

:drool:

GAMike
08-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Officially drooling right now!!!

:drool:

Mission Accomplished then Mary!!!:beer:
Rumor has it that there may be some additional surprises:eek:.... Gotta show up to find out!:D

slickster
08-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Yay whats that name of that place

GAMike
08-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Yay whats that name of that place

GAMike's:D:beer:

To be fair, those are not pictures of my BBQ:o.....

Ya couldn't take a picture of my BBQ... It gets eaten to quickly:pancake::burnout:

MERCMAN
08-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Rumor has it that the ribs at MV II will have the best since God made Eve!:up:

GAMike
08-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Rumor has it that the ribs at MV II will have the best since God made Eve!:up:

:beer: Dan, be on the lookout for a certain Cajun driving a big 4dr. sedan too! He brings delectable surprises sure to please:D

CWright
08-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Man I can't wait!!!!!!! :food:

GAMike
08-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Man I can't wait!!!!!!! :food:

Me either:D

GAMike
08-22-2013, 08:45 PM
:fire:Connected with my BBQ partner tonight. We are going with a hardwood & charcoal combo for the smoker. Oak and if we can find it, some Apple Wood.:bounce: The plan is to do everything as fresh as possible, so Weds & Thurs will be prep days.... The smoker is gonna spark around 7:30- 8:30pm Thursday night... Seasoned butt hits the smoker around 9pm..... Ribs? Ribs anyone?:D They go on in the morning low & slow...... When in the morning? Well if I told ya.... Then i'd hav.... Never mind :lol: Suffice to say they will be fall off the bone & full of flavor. Gonna have a home made sauce for those who like the wet stuff too!

Bring your appetite:banana2: And don't forget your show chairs. Those of you with portable awnings, feel free to pop them as well.... Hoping for good September weather, but with the amount of summer rain we have had, who knows:o

Haggis
08-23-2013, 04:19 AM
^^^Why are you angry?^^^

GAMike
08-23-2013, 08:57 AM
^^^Why are you angry?^^^

Was looking for some fire/BBQ related smiley's hehehe..... as in FIYAH!!!! :D Please forgive the misuse of the icon:beer: I was not reading the literal description of ea. one...

Haggis
08-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Was looking for some fire/BBQ related smiley's hehehe..... as in FIYAH!!!! :D Please forgive the misuse of the icon:beer: I was not reading the literal description of ea. one...

OH!!!!!! Should have tried....:bounce:

GAMike
08-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Oh I got him too :)
OH!!!!!! Should have tried....:bounce:

GAMike
09-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Wonder if BBQ gets you l@???????:eek::flamer::beer:

lji372
09-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Wonder if BBQ gets you large?:eek::flamer::beer:

Yes it does, ask me how I know ;)

GAMike
09-04-2013, 03:25 AM
Yes it does, ask me how I know ;)

L@rge Ha!!!! That's one way of l@@king at it :D

Shaijack
09-05-2013, 06:11 PM
You have never tasted sweeter meen than Mikes.

GAMike
09-05-2013, 07:30 PM
You have never tasted sweeter meat than Mikes.

:wave: But wait until you get a taste of Barry's sausage! Orgasmic!!!;)

Mebot
09-05-2013, 07:43 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/06/syqepa3y.jpg

sent from a Samsung Galaxy far far away...

Shaijack
09-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Use the music from the MilkShake song and just add my sausage to it. Everyone can taste my sausage at the BBQ.
Jerry how do you know?

GAMike
09-05-2013, 08:19 PM
For those of you who don't know... Barry is a big fan of the artist Kelis... (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGL2rytTraA)

1stMerc
09-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Shoot, there goes the diet.

GAMike
09-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Shoot, there goes the diet.

All the boys in the yard, GET FAT!!!:beer:

GAMike
09-07-2013, 07:32 PM
:toast:Good news again MV XI attendee's!!!!

As you know, we in the south take our BBQ seriously. It doesn't matter if you live in Memphis, New Orleans, Charlotte or wherever.... Different styles but all good and seriously perfected...... That said, some of the best BBQ I have had over the years has come out of Alabama...... :drool:

Well as luck would have it, GrandaddyMarq is bringing some of his, down home Alabama Prime BBQ sauce, for our BBQ Friday at Stone Mountain Park!!!!

Thanks Louis!:beer: We appreciate you bud!

;)Its starting to get serious up in hea:D

jimlam56
09-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Mike, I'll bring up a couple of pieces of Pecan wood if you want.
Sweeter taste than oak, but not as sweet as apple wood.

GAMike
09-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Mike, I'll bring up a couple of pieces of Pecan wood if you want.
Sweeter taste than oak, but not as sweet as apple wood.

Thanks Jim..Pecan wood is awesome to BBQ with no doubt... Just not in supply up in North GA. When are you getting to town? I won't be at the hotel much Weds & Thurs. and we are starting the Q Thursday evening...... I wouldn't want you to miss out on the action at MV XI just to bring me some wood hehehe:) But thank you for the thought bud:beer:

jimlam56
09-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks Jim..Pecan wood is awesome to BBQ with no doubt... Just not in supply up in North GA. When are you getting to town? I won't be at the hotel much Weds & Thurs. and we are starting the Q Thursday evening...... I wouldn't want you to miss out on the action at MV XI just to bring me some wood hehehe:) But thank you for the thought bud:beer:
Mike, I expect to be at the hotel around 5 on Wednesday.
If you are south of the hotel I could stop by on my way up from FL.

GAMike
09-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Mike, I expect to be at the hotel around 5 on Wednesday.
If you are south of the hotel I could stop by on my way up from FL.

You have a PM Jim!

CWright
09-12-2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Mike_B_Ready_for_Marauderville .JPG (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

Mike is going to be cooking for ALL of us to enjoy Friday afternoon! BIG THANKS for him taking this task on so that everyone can enjoy some Southern Cooking!

Granddaddy Marq
09-12-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm going to need to get some more BBQ sause. I'll place another order in the morning.

Ken
09-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Shoot, there goes the diet.Calories/points don't count out of state...

Or so I've been told! :D

I'm weighing in, in the morning, and not again for two weeks. Gonna need to starve that second week. :rolleyes:

GAMike
09-12-2013, 07:31 PM
I'm going to need to get some more BBQ sause. I'll place another order in the morning.
You go Grandaddy!!!;)

Calories/points don't count out of state...

Or so I've been told! :D

I'm weighing in, in the morning, and not again for two weeks. Gonna need to starve that second week. :rolleyes:
That's the move right there:beer:

I was getting hungry just lookin at all those ribs!!! Grandaddy got the sauce covered, JimLam hooking us up with some Prime Pecan wood to sweeten the smoke??? Y'all come on down!:D Chris has **** out the welcome matt, Brad has illuminated the drinkin lamp, and the table is almost set!!! Can't wait:burnout:

Granddaddy Marq
09-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Mike's got it figured out! The BBQ was outstanding. The rub, the cook time and temp. Now when I here GAmike I think BBQ. Did somebody say GAmike?

PonyUP
09-20-2013, 07:43 PM
As if my waistline wasn't big enough, there are now things orbiting my belt, thanks Mike

Boost gets you
Love Admiration Idolization & Distinction

Glenn
09-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks Mike - Great Job.

The BBQ Kings and Steve Babcock and Sgt. Mack

Marauder_Santa
09-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Great job mike.

Gryphonzus
09-22-2013, 06:06 PM
The rins were awesome! As a matter of fact the wife and I just had some more with grandaddymarq sauce. Yum yum!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Roadwarrior
09-22-2013, 11:15 PM
I love those ribs, pulled pork & all the sides at Stone Mountain last Friday. Can't you guys open up a mail order business? :help:36016

VMARAUDER
09-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Those ribs and that pulled pork made me want to move to GA so I can have them everyday. Never had that type of potato salad...it was off the chart...I need the recipe

GAMike
09-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Thanks so much fellas:beer: Glad you all enjoyed it:).
Casey said that was the most fun he has had at a BBQ in a long time too:bows: A big thanks to him for helping out and hanging with us. Thank you to all for showing him our love...

Kudo's also our resident role slicer MM03MOK and her team that came off the bench in the last seconds to handle the last hard task at hand.;)

Special thanks to:

Granddaddy Marq, for some outstanding BBQ Sauce (I told you them boys from AL know how to "Q":D) No fooling around there....

JimLam for bringing up some fine Pecan wood for the smoke:banana2:
CWright & PonyUp for getting us all broken down and cleaned up. I was "spent" and probably would still be over there cleaning if not for them.:eek:

Potato Salad for those interested......

Ingredients
Potatoes
Onions
Celery
Dill Pickles
Mayo
Guildens or Frenches Mustard
Salt (don't oversalt as the Dill Pickles will add some to the mix)
White Pepper
Black Pepper
Optional- Hard Boiled Eggs (I didn't include them in this batch)

Process....
Cube potatoes, and boil off to just tender.... Drain & "shock" in Ice & water....... This will take the heat out from cooking and keep the wet mix from souring when everything is combined.....

Put potatoes in a bowl with celery, onions, eggs and pickles.... Mix up...
Then in a bowl put together all your wet ingredients with your salt & peppers..... Mix up, combine with your other mixed ingredients and there it is.....:beer:

Thanks again guys for making the trip. We really enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing you all down the road at future events.:burnout:

justbob
09-23-2013, 04:48 PM
I'll tell ya, I showed up way late and sank my teethes in the cold left over scrap pile and damn near swallowed my tongue I was chewing so fast! DAMN GOOD! My fav was the glazed over outer parts of I have no idea what it was nor do not care thick sweet and flavorishish chunk of animal meat!!!

I think at one time someone accidentally grabbed for something near me and I bit them. Really sorry bout that, I get a little defensive.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

GAMike
09-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Glad you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed a ride in your 6 speed! Gotta tell you..... If I ever get some money and still have this car, I will make it worth your while:D to do mine, like you did yours..... That car is lethal Bob and I loved it:drive:

I'll tell ya, I showed up way late and sank my teethes in the cold left over scrap pile and damn near swallowed my tongue I was chewing so fast! DAMN GOOD! My fav was the glazed over outer parts of I have no idea what it was nor do not care thick sweet and flavorishish chunk of animal meat!!!

I think at one time someone accidentally grabbed for something near me and I bit them. Really sorry bout that, I get a little defensive.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Ninoblack1
09-23-2013, 08:37 PM
looking good