PDA

View Full Version : help wiring in electronic flasher into LCM

marauder410
08-24-2013, 04:40 PM
i have my electronic flasher and had FBM do the heavy duty relay install.

does anyone know what 2 wires to i splic into to wire my relay into ???

it only have bout 6 wires to choose from...black,white,red,blue,ye llow i think thats it 5 wires ???

marauder410
08-25-2013, 11:45 AM
wow really no awnsers thanks alot :shake:

BAD MERC
08-25-2013, 11:53 AM
I am an electrical genius and your question is somewhat vague. Can you submit photos? Information is knowledge and you're wanting to splice into and integrate with a circuit that has already been altered and modified. Therefore, any suggestions or tech help could equal disaster.

huck102800
08-25-2013, 12:34 PM
relays are kinda self explanatory you have a positive supply negative supply one will be the switch and what ever your powering

huck102800
08-25-2013, 12:38 PM
this is a relay diagram

EMAS
08-25-2013, 01:07 PM
From reading this diagram http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=37902

It looks like the flasher out is the LB or light blue (pin 1)wire but it gets it's power from the module itself so it looks like you should tap into WH/RD white red stripe (pin 10) at the multi function switch. So cut and insulate the side of the light blue that goes to the lighting module, connect the flasher output to the MFS side and tap into the white red stripe. That should keep the hazards working properly too as well as supply the proper power to the lighting module.

fastblackmerc
08-25-2013, 01:08 PM
relays are kinda self explanatory you have a positive supply negative supply one will be the switch and what ever your powering

this is a relay diagram

He wants to install an electronic FLASHER into the harness so he can use LED bulbs and not get the fast flasher syndrome....

larryo340
08-25-2013, 03:02 PM
He wants to install an electronic FLASHER into the harness so he can use LED bulbs and not get the fast flasher syndrome....A few years ago on my MGM I installed an electronic flasher when I installed my custom LED tails. I don't remember the wire colors, but you can find it on crownvic.net. FWIW I cut wires from the LCM at the multi-function switch as I found it a hell of alot easier than getting to the LCM harness. Same circuit so no adverse issues.

marauder410
08-25-2013, 04:02 PM
yes all i want to do is wire in my electronic FLASHER inot my LCM

FBM used the heavy duty relay

so no awsner for me FBM if anybody would know it will be you ????

fastblackmerc
08-25-2013, 06:51 PM
yes all i want to do is wire in my electronic FLASHER inot my LCM

FBM used the heavy duty relay

so no awsner for me FBM if anybody would know it will be you ????

As stated above you need to install an external electronic flasher in the harness, not in the LCM.

marauder410
08-29-2013, 05:37 PM
yes i know it has to be in the hardness not acually inside the LCM

but once again i dont see how hard it is to tell me what 2 color wires i wire it into...really rediculous u act like i need to send you money to tell me a simple awnser

really just isnt right how hard is it to give me a awsner ???

marauder410
08-29-2013, 05:38 PM
i doet business with you many times before and send you a few hundred dollars and you cannot give me a simple awsner all about greed

marauder410
08-29-2013, 05:43 PM
i asked FBM months back what electronic flasher i need to use and you know the repsonbse i got

send me 25.00 and ill send you one with direction :shake: really wow

i bought my flahser for 11 bucks shipped..so weres that other 14 dollars going...just rediculous dude asks like he broke..this isnt no charity case ..

fastblackmerc
08-29-2013, 07:22 PM
yes i know it has to be in the hardness not acually inside the LCM

but once again i dont see how hard it is to tell me what 2 color wires i wire it into...really rediculous u act like i need to send you money to tell me a simple awnser

really just isnt right how hard is it to give me a awsner ???

i doet business with you many times before and send you a few hundred dollars and you cannot give me a simple awsner all about greed

i asked FBM months back what electronic flasher i need to use and you know the repsonbse i got

send me 25.00 and ill send you one with direction :shake: really wow

i bought my flahser for 11 bucks shipped..so weres that other 14 dollars going...just rediculous dude asks like he broke..this isnt no charity case ..

I guess all the hours I spent going thru wiring diagrams, internet searches and trying to get it to work on my Marauder account for nothing?

Never said nor acted like I was broke and I never asked for charity..... But I'm not going to give out my hard earned knowledge for nothing.

I wish you luck getting it installed and working.

justbob
08-29-2013, 08:30 PM
i bought my flahser for 11 bucks shipped..so weres that other 14 dollars going...

Well you could look at it this way. Since the start of this thread it has cost you $2.80 a day to be in the same spot your in right now..

Time is money. Why don't you do your own research and test it out on your own car?

Google makes everybody a professional.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

fastblackmerc
08-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Well you could look at it this way. Since the start of this thread it has cost you $2.80 a day to be in the same spot your in right now..

Time is money. Why don't you do your own research and test it out on your own car?

Google makes everybody a professional.

"Since 2004"
Bob, would you give away your knowledge for nothing?

Fman
08-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Hey 410, leave FBM alone. He's a straight-up guy who has helped many people on this forum for much less than the research time would have cost. I'm amazed you would be angry b/c the free advice you DEMAND was not as quick or as comprehensive as you wanted. See what that service costs elsewhere and you might change your story. I'm giving you this advice for free:)

justbob
08-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Bob, would you give away your knowledge for nothing?

Certainly not when asked like that..

"Since 2004"

Dereck
08-31-2013, 04:50 AM
Hi Marauder410

I don't know what an FBM heavy duty relay is and I am not sure why everyone is getting thier panties in a bunch over a simple question but I do know EMAS has allready given you the answer earlier on in this thread at post #6.

At the multi-function switch (or LCM) tap into the White/Red wire for some power then cut the Light Blue wire and on the multi-function switch side connect to your flasher relay, don't forget to insulate the cut end of the Light Blue wire.

Regards

Dereck