PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Else Had This Problem?

UncleLar
08-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Yesterday my heater fan started blowing at above the lowest speed when the controls were set to vent and set to lowest speed.It will blow faster using both the steering and dash control but will not slow down to what was the slowest setting.
In addition if I hit the OFF button all the vents close but the fan actually turns faster.
Last year I replaced the fan motor resistor,the heat and A?C work normally otherwise ,the auto climate control works okay and all blend doors direct the hot or cold air to the proper places.
What do you think is the cause and what's the cure? :help:

fastblackmerc
08-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Yesterday my heater fan started blowing at above the lowest speed when the controls were set to vent and set to lowest speed.It will blow faster using both the steering and dash control but will not slow down to what was the slowest setting.
In addition if I hit the OFF button all the vents close but the fan actually turns faster.
Last year I replaced the fan motor resistor,the heat and A?C work normally otherwise ,the auto climate control works okay and all blend doors direct the hot or cold air to the proper places.
What do you think is the cause and what's the cure? :help:

Sounds like you need a new EATC.

UncleLar
08-26-2013, 01:13 PM
It's not the EATC working is drawing too many amps and did a number on my "new" resistor.
It turns out that my mechanic friend at the dealer was right when he said I should replace the fan after replacing the resistor,the fan although still working is drawing too many amps and did a number on my "new" resistor.
Shame on me,I was warned,I just waited too long to replace the fan motor,now I get to have fun getting my big mitts in there to change the resistor AGAIN!

fastblackmerc
08-26-2013, 02:38 PM
It's not the EATC working is drawing too many amps and did a number on my "new" resistor.
It turns out that my mechanic friend at the dealer was right when he said I should replace the fan after replacing the resistor,the fan although still working is drawing too many amps and did a number on my "new" resistor.
Shame on me,I was warned,I just waited too long to replace the fan motor,now I get to have fun getting my big mitts in there to change the resistor AGAIN!

Possible but very unlikely IMHO....