PDA

View Full Version : PCV valve for boosted Marauder - need help

pacammer
08-25-2013, 04:40 PM
I saw on the site here a long time ago a suggested replacement PCV valve for boosted Marauder's... I have been using the search feature but have not had much luck locating the model # etc; that i read on here years ago...
I am looking to replace mine now & the local flaps (autozone etc) is only gonna get me the stock pcv valve for the 04 marauder.
Since I now have it boosted via vortec to approx 700+ rwhp I would far prefer to use a pcv valve model designed for boosted applications...

Please help me if you know what pcv valve is best for me to utilize...
I will call back to my local flaps & have them change the special order PCV valve asap...

03sport007
08-25-2013, 04:44 PM
I used a stock PVC for a cobra. I've got a eaton so not sure if that helps.

MOTOWN
08-25-2013, 04:47 PM
700RWHP! What does your build consist of?

pacammer
08-25-2013, 05:27 PM
700RWHP! What does your build consist of?

Hi, Motown this is Gary Sr. same vehicle you have discussed the details about with my son Gary Jr (Loco1234) here on the forum.

We choose the vortec JT-trim as opposed to the YSI trim you run.
We will definitely be back at Carisle again this year but with the marauder & not just his Qvale Mangusta. (which we have brought the last 2 years)

pacammer
08-25-2013, 05:33 PM

My thought was to get a PCV valve from a stock boosted mod motor vehicle. ( Shelby GT500 etc...)
However, I wanted to ensure the PCV valve I get will be a direct replacement for the 04 mercury Marauder but designed for boosted application(s).

jflave
08-25-2013, 06:41 PM
What ET's are you getting in the 1/4 mile ?

justbob
08-25-2013, 06:56 PM
I have used stock and Cobra PCV's and found no difference. Both work fine.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

SC Cheesehead
08-25-2013, 09:04 PM

^^^^^^ Same set-up, same PCV valve on my car.

Loco1234
08-26-2013, 12:38 AM
well i stock type has been ordered. so perhaps we'll just stick with that...

Unless anyone has any reason(s) to believe the boosted pcv's make a difference...

Marauderjack
08-26-2013, 02:28 AM
EV-111 or EV-153........I used the EV-111 on the driver's side and reversed the flow by gutting the OEM PCV and using it as a fitting only!!:beer:

Works GREAT!!:D

sailsmen
08-26-2013, 06:03 AM
well i stock type has been ordered. so perhaps we'll just stick with that...

Unless anyone has any reason(s) to believe the boosted pcv's make a difference...

Use the boosted pcv EV 111 and there is a difference. The oil can get sucked through w/o the check valve.

LANDY
08-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Eliminate pcv and just do a catch can.

Marauderjack
08-26-2013, 02:45 PM
A working PCV system significantly extends engine life and should be left in place on street cars!!:beer:

On race cars it make no difference since the engines are rebuilt or replaced frequently.....as long as you don't mind the blow-by stench!!:cool:

If you don't used a PCV valve designed for a pressurized intake (Supercharged or Turbocharged) you will also pressurize the crank case......NOT GOOD!!:shake:

MOTOWN
08-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi, Motown this is Gary Sr. same vehicle you have discussed the details about with my son Gary Jr (Loco1234) here on the forum.

We choose the vortec JT-trim as opposed to the YSI trim you run.
We will definitely be back at Carisle again this year but with the marauder & not just his Qvale Mangusta. (which we have brought the last 2 years)

Hey Gary this is what i use on my car:beer:

http://metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=PCV1000&cat=99