PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a new Marauder owner.

Linkin
08-28-2013, 01:50 PM
I have been driving it for a few weeks now and realized that the oil pressure and volt gauges are not lit up, should they be?

Also, the stock sound system does not produce a deep smooth sound. It sounds like laptop speakers. Everything is working, all speakers work just sounds hollow no matter how I adjust the settings. Also the stock sub in the back makes almost no bass. What would you recommend to bring the sound out of the system?

RF Overlord
08-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Yes, both gauges should be lit. Also, are you aware that the oil pressure gauge is a fake? If you're going to remove the pod to replace bulbs, consider installing a working gauge at the same time. AutoMeter #4327 is an almost identical match to the factory gauge and includes the required sender.

As for the audio system, there is a crossover in the head unit that directs most of the bass to the sub, so if it (the sub) isn't working correctly, the sound from the other 4 speakers will be kind of thin. The sub has its own amp, so perhaps there's no power getting to it. I'm at work and my wiring manual is at home, so if you haven't gotten better info in the meantime, I'll look up the connector pin-out for you.

jsignorelli
08-28-2013, 02:13 PM
When I replaced my radio with the Pioneer AVIC system, I got full control over the sub-woofer and the speakers. I didn't even know I had a sub-woofer.
My advice, change the radio before it dies .............and it will die!
As for the gauges, replace the oil gauge & sender and install LEDs.

fastblackmerc
08-28-2013, 02:17 PM
I have been driving it for a few weeks now and realized that the oil pressure and volt gauges are not lit up, should they be?

Also, the stock sound system does not produce a deep smooth sound. It sounds like laptop speakers. Everything is working, all speakers work just sounds hollow no matter how I adjust the settings. Also the stock sub in the back makes almost no bass. What would you recommend to bring the sound out of the system?

Does the oil pressure gauge move when you are driving? If so the gauge was changed. If not change it to a real gauge.

I have green LED bulbs for the gauges if your interested.

Check the connections at the sub. The best fix for the Marauder sound system is new speakers, aftermarket head unit and aftermarket sub.

Linkin
08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Haha, I was wondering why the oil pressure wouldn't fluctuate with rpm. How do I remove the gauge bracket thing from the dash without breaking it and ripping all the wires out?

RF Overlord
08-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Put the shifter in D, grab the "wings" of the pod and pull down and forward. It's just held in with clips. You'll have to joggle it about some to get it out.