PDA

View Full Version : Fat Matt's who's in?

boatmangc
08-29-2013, 03:41 AM
On the return from Atlanta Motor Speedway a slight detour will put us at Fat Matt's BBQ.
I will be going there for dinner.
Anyone considering going let me know, it isn't a giant place and I would like to give them a heads up so they can put a couple of extra racks on for us.

Post up, let me know.
I am only leaving the poll open through Labor Day

MOTOWN
08-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Im always up for some good barbecue!

MyBlackBeasts
08-29-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm game! :drool:

mlschultz
08-29-2013, 12:26 PM
On the return from Atlanta Motor Speedway a slight detour will put us at Fat Matt's BBQ.
I will be going there for dinner.
Anyone considering going let me know, it isn't a giant place and I would like to give them a heads up so they can put a couple of extra racks on for us.

Post up, let me know.
I am only leaving the poll open through Labor Day

Gary,

I can't make it to Fat Matts, but if you have time, would you be interested in possibly branching out and trying a new BBQ place some nite? This place is called Fox Bros BBQ, and is recommended by a friend of mine who is a KCBS Master Judge, and is his personal favorite place to go in all of metro ATL for BBQ.

Here is a link to the Fox Bros BBQ web site http://www.foxbrosbbq.com/

boatmangc
08-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Gary,

I can't make it to Fat Matts, but if you have time, would you be interested in possibly branching out and trying a new BBQ place some nite? This place is called Fox Bros BBQ, and is recommended by a friend of mine who is a KCBS Master Judge, and is his personal favorite place to go in all of metro ATL for BBQ.

Here is a link to the Fox Bros BBQ web site http://www.foxbrosbbq.com/
Mike, I am in Kennesaw all the following week. Lets do it!

Also, I am rolling solo if you got time I would gladly take you in as co-pilot!!!

boatmangc
08-30-2013, 03:02 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/boatmangc/fatmatts.jpg (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/boatmangc/media/fatmatts.jpg.html)

Ribs, Blues, Beer, Sweet Tea.

http://www.fatmattsribshack.com/

mlschultz
08-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Mike, I am in Kennesaw all the following week. Lets do it!

Also, I am rolling solo if you got time I would gladly take you in as co-pilot!!!

Sounds like a plan Gary! :cool:

slickster
08-30-2013, 05:30 AM
Does a man say no to BBQ?. If its possible sconyers in Augusta is amazing maybe a few of us can make it there one night http://www.sconyersbar-b-que.com/

justbob
08-31-2013, 09:53 PM
My tummy just notified me that I will go.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

boatmangc
09-06-2013, 03:42 AM
I'm going to call them this weekend so they can be prepped to be Marauded.
I have a positive 9 as of this morning.

Roadwarrior
09-06-2013, 06:01 AM
What would be the ETA for arrival to Fat Matt's? I'll be arriving Thursday evening at the MVXI hotel & would be free after checking in & unpacking to join The Marauderers for some BBQ. :drool:

martyo
09-06-2013, 06:11 AM
What would be the ETA for arrival to Fat Matt's? I'll be arriving Thursday evening at the MVXI hotel & would be free after checking in & unpacking to join The Marauderers for some BBQ. :drool:

Yeah, I need to know this as well.

boatmangc
09-06-2013, 12:50 PM

I think we can be flexible...
Maybe we will have to stop at Summit Racing on the way:banana2:

STEPS
09-07-2013, 08:18 AM
food emmmmm I'm in

GAMike
09-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Don't forget......

Hit Fat Matt's on the way back from the track.... Let the rush hour traffic up 400 dissipate, and go on up to Cumming after 7pm....

From Fat Matts get back on 85 North... Go about 3 miles (if that) up 85, see the signs for 400 North and follow them.....

Stay on 400 until exit 13 and go left off the offramp.... Go straight on Bethelview about 3 miles or so and BAM your there......

400 will temp you to put your foot in it..... But be aware.... It is aggressively patrolled. If you keep your eyes open for em though (or put a rabbit out front) you should be able to run 80mph all the way up if the weather is good and no accidents.

Coming back to the hotel, just go back to the highway, and instead of getting on it.... Cross it.... Go about 6-8 miles to McGinnis Ferry Road and take a Left.....

Follow and cross over 85 (about 10 or so miles away)...... Take your next right... That will be Northbrook Pkwy. which turns into North Brown Rd. (where the hotels are located). Again, be aware, you will be going through Johns Creek and Suwanee Upscale parts of the metro... Their police forces are "active".....:eek::lol: So keep eyes open at all times:D & have fun. I do:burnout:

Roadwarrior
09-07-2013, 08:59 AM

I forgot to mention, my ETA for hotel check-in is 6 p.m. Sept. 19.

boatmangc
09-15-2013, 04:02 PM
I called today and told them to expect 10-12
They appreciated the heads up.
Roadwarrior, I am sure we can hang till you get there

G

martyo
09-15-2013, 04:09 PM

G

What time??????

boatmangc
09-15-2013, 04:10 PM
My guess 6:30-7

martyo
09-15-2013, 04:10 PM

Ok.

I left you a VM!

boatmangc
09-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Ok.

I left you a VM!

Sent u a PM!

Roadwarrior
09-15-2013, 06:45 PM

G

Thanks Gary? (wasn't sure of your real name) could you PM me your contact # please. TIA

boatmangc
09-19-2013, 03:36 PM
So I guess I screwed the pooch today folks....
When we were finishing up today at the speedway I should have spoken up and corralled people.
I went to Summit Racing after the event and figured the majority would have gone there.

Sorry folks....

MyBlackBeasts
09-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Forgot all about it.

Just went & tried Chick-fil-a.

Pretty good!