PDA

View Full Version : LED Brake light Bulbs ? Question

Cobra25
09-07-2013, 06:27 PM
I just replace all the bulbs in my 5 gauges with LED bulbs & they look really nice. I'm wondering if anyone has ever changed out their brake light bulbs with direct fit LED bulbs ? If so where can they be purchased ( part # ) and approx cost ? Thanks.

fastblackmerc
09-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I just replace all the bulbs in my 5 gauges with LED bulbs & they look really nice. I'm wondering if anyone has ever changed out their brake light bulbs with direct fit LED bulbs ? If so where can they be purchased ( part # ) and approx cost ? Thanks.

Since the brake lights are also turn signals you'll need to either add resistors for each bulb or an electronic flasher.

I can supply all you need.

Cobra25
09-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Since the brake lights are also turn signals you'll need to either add resistors for each bulb or an electronic flasher.

I can supply all you need. I wasnt sure if you could just change the bulb & that would be it. I was trying to find a way of reducing the electrical draw when applying the brake lites. I have to think about this a little more, Thanks again for your help & info.

capt512
09-08-2013, 01:50 PM
I was thinking you could also just splice another bulb holder in line and leave the old one with bulb in it hanging behind the light so it works.

EMAS
09-08-2013, 03:46 PM
You can get the bulbs at many places they will say replaces 3057/3157/3457 and sometimes more.

Then you need to follow this diagram to instal an electronic flasher to prevent the fast flash condition.

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/690651/fullsize/95-pantherledlcmbypass.jpg

Cobra25
09-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Thank you everyone for your input. I have to think about this a little more.