PDA

View Full Version : Will have to cancel going to MVXI because...

Roadwarrior
09-09-2013, 08:46 AM
My Marauder was STOLEN from inside the body shop as well as an SUV this past weekend by breaking into the shop,busting the locked key box, taking the keys to the vehicles parked closest to the roll-up door & took them. :censor: :mad2: :mad: :bigcry: :puke: :depress: If there is any good news out of this, the thieves that stole it & the other vehicle returned it with more body damage than it left with & parked them outside. {Mine was there to correct some defects in a recent paint job they did before.} It will need a front header panel, front grill, front bumper cover (yeah, the one that has been discontinued by Ford as we all know.:censor:) LF fender, trunk lid, small tear on rear bumper cover(repairable) & who knows what else was damaged. So with that said & not knowing when I'll get it back when its ready to be picked up, {definitely not in time for MVXI}, I won't be attending it. I'm going to cancel my room reservation, will post it here when its done & I wish everyone here attending to have a good time in ATL. :alone:

RubberCtyRauder
09-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear..glad you got it back and hope it can be fixed all the way

martyo
09-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Damn man, I am truly sorry.

Come anyway! It will take your mind off of things and you will not be the only one without a Marauder. Plus tearing up rental cars is fun!!!

Haggis
09-09-2013, 09:03 AM
That sucks!!!!! :mad2:

They need to hang the thieves by the balls.

IwantmyMMnow!
09-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Richard, this truly sucks....I hope they catch the thieves and subject them to multiple forms of torture on their genitalia!! :flamer: But of course, this is the USA...they'll be let go with a slap on the wrist most likely. :shake:

Man, I really feel for ya...was looking forward to seeing you at MV....hopefully your car will be ready for the BRP run.

VMARAUDER
09-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Man, that really DOUBLE sucks
you should still come and enjoy youself

VMARAUDER
09-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Richard, this truly sucks....I hope they catch the thieves and subject them to multiple forms of torture on their genitalia!! :flamer: But of course, this is the USA...they'll be let go with a slap on the wrist most likely. :shake:

Man, I really feel for ya...was looking forward to seeing you at MV....hopefully your car will be ready for the BRP run.

Not if you catch them yourself...vigilante justice

Guittard22
09-09-2013, 09:22 AM
That's is the most @@@@ up thing I have seen on this site :/ so sorry that happen to you . I will PM you a little later to see if I got some parts willing to fine them to you to help you out .

You know what really Grinds my gears is that most People don't know what a marauder is or make of the marauder but Hott dam Most Thief all know what I Marauder is !!!! Hard to find parts = dollar signs to them

VMARAUDER
09-09-2013, 09:28 AM
That's is the most @@@@ up thing I have seen on this site :/ so sorry that happen to you . I will PM you a little later to see if I got some parts willing to fine them to you to help you out .

You know what really Grinds my gears is that most People don't know what a marauder is or make of the marauder but Hott dam Most Thief all know what I Marauder is !!!! Hard to find parts = dollar signs to them

Thats what I like about MM.NET
Everyone is always stepping up for another

1 Bad Merc
09-09-2013, 09:53 AM
You know it had to be someone with a past affiliation with the bodyshop! People just dont go into a bodyshop and know where the keys are and take some cars for a ride.

Either an ex employee or someone from the body shop took the car out and screwed it up and now they are trying to get the insurance company to cover their ass by saying it was stolen because they damaged your car!

I would make sure they found or got you the front and rear bumpers and pay for it now no matter what the cost. They should also probably repaint your car and make it right. This sucks and I would be mad as hell.

Sorry but I am a very suspicious person when it comes to stuff like this -Good luck on the repairs.

fastblackmerc
09-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Sucks to hear that Richard. Hope they get it back better than new!

GAMike
09-09-2013, 10:46 AM
This sucks beyond words Richard.... Hopefully they get you repaired and on the road better than before and soon.....

Marauder_Santa
09-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Holy Fudge! This sucks! I hope it all works out for you.

sailsmen
09-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Consider driving your 1995 Ford CVPI and make the event. I am sure people there will let you drive their MM.
I know you will have fun.;)

L.Mark
09-09-2013, 01:43 PM
You know it had to be someone with a past affiliation with the bodyshop! People just dont go into a bodyshop and know where the keys are and take some cars for a ride.

Either an ex employee or someone from the body shop took the car out and screwed it up and now they are trying to get the insurance company to cover their ass by saying it was stolen because they damaged your car!

I would make sure they found or got you the front and rear bumpers and pay for it now no matter what the cost. They should also probably repaint your car and make it right. This sucks and I would be mad as hell.

Sorry but I am a very suspicious person when it comes to stuff like this -Good luck on the repairs.

+1...and to bring them back to boot...a little risky, but good for you...

boatmangc
09-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Consider driving your 1995 Ford CVPI and make the event. I am sure people there will let you drive their MM.
I know you will have fun.;)
THAT SUX!!!!

I will have an empty passenger seat. Bring the CV.

justbob
09-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Man I really hate to hear of this! Please tell me you are in contact with the police dept on this and it is getting looked into swiftly? I'm sorry, but who brings back the cars that they steal? Smells like B.S. to me. I also hope you are taking full advantage of everything you are owed at this point and don't forget to look into some kind of decreased value compensation as it will be much less desirable from here on out.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I agree with Bob, doesn't add up. If it was a random B&E and theft, they would have left the car somewhere else if they weren't planning on stripping it for parts. I would be holding the shop liable.

I don't know how you could contain yourself. I would have gone bezerk.

MMBLUE
09-09-2013, 04:21 PM
This SUX to the enth degree. Make sure you check for under carriage damage.

lji372
09-09-2013, 04:34 PM

Come anyway! It will take your mind off of things and you will not be the only one without a Marauder. Plus tearing up rental cars is fun!!!

This^^^^^^^^^right here:beer:

Sorry about your situation bud.:bigcry:

justbob
09-09-2013, 04:47 PM
I still say somebody was joyriding and they are covering it. If this were my shop it would be rebuilt better than new in YOUR time frame, and everything else would take a backseat. I am at aw that they haven't begun overnight shipping what's needed to make this happen and arranging a rental within minutes of the police dept.. Am I truly one of the very few percent that cares about my name and keeping clientele happy at almost all cost? Don't tell me they can't do this and do a damn fine job..

"Since 2004"

FastMerc
09-09-2013, 05:38 PM
That sucks!!!!! :mad2:

Ditto... :D

MyBlackBeasts
09-09-2013, 06:53 PM
That sucks!!!!!

No, by the NECK!

Car theft should be a hanging offense just like horse theft was. The problem would be all but non-existant!

Low-life scum! :mad2:

1 Bad Merc
09-09-2013, 10:49 PM
I still say somebody was joyriding and they are covering it. If this were my shop it would be rebuilt better than new in YOUR time frame, and everything else would take a backseat. I am at aw that they haven't begun overnight shipping what's needed to make this happen and arranging a rental within minutes of the police dept.. Am I truly one of the very few percent that cares about my name and keeping clientele happy at almost all cost? Don't tell me they can't do this and do a damn fine job..

"Since 2004"

Richard -not trying to be an ass but do you know for sure that they called the police and reported it stolen? Do you have a police report or is this what the shop told you?

People who steal cars dont bring them back after wrecking them. I would be amazed if this business did not have a burgler alarm. I would ask the police if the business had one.

I agree with Bob that the owner should be responsible since it was in his' care and he should fix this asap. I would never turn this into your insurance company nor would I let them take their time fixing my car. I would also want to know what he is going to do to make sure no one else can steal your car again from his' place.

RoyLPita
09-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Richard,
Grab a rental on their dime and enjoy yourself. There will be some members there who have flown in to this event.

Just my .02 and then some.

Cobra25
09-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Richard I'm so sorry too hear that happened to you . I hope when it gets fixed it comes out better than before you dropped it off .

Roadwarrior
09-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Thank you guys on replying to this thread. The body shop involved IS covering all of the costs of parts (insurance quality OEM) & repairs, a new paint job, rekeying ALL tumblers in the car (ignition lock,drivers door,trunk lid & fuel door release on drivers inside door panel [300a]) reprogramming of the PATS, checking under the car for any further damage etc. under their shop insurance. My auto insurance company knows about what happened (I told them) but is NOT involved at all in this claim process, but they would back me up if the body shop tries to shirk their responsibilities on getting the car back to snuff. I do have a copy of the police report when I went to the shop just after I was notified of what happened & the case is ongoing. Mine & the other vehicle involved in the theft have first priority in expediting repairs & are taking extra steps in securing them. {an ADT tech was at the shop when I stopped in earlier today}. For a Marauder owner who is passionate about their car(s) as I am & the thought process that went through when I received that dreaded phone call, you have no idea how dejected & angry I was & am still debating on even attending MVXI. I'll mull it over by this Thursday at the latest whether I go or not. I had taken these pictures of the car with my cell phone camera, so get the closest garbage can ready for this.---> :puke:35801

lji372
09-10-2013, 07:22 PM
H
O
L
Y

CRAP Batman!

Hmmm, question. What is there insurance company willing to pay out to have the car fixed?? Looks like a lot of damage that would deem the car not worth repairing as far as dollars and cents go.
Maybe you could take the payoff and buy another marauder s/c'd? And buy yours back and have a parts car??

Looks like body shop is the clear winner if they get to do all he repairs:confused:

boatmangc
09-10-2013, 07:22 PM
That's horrible!
I would have to leave town to keep myself from going to jail. I would have to hurt someone who did that to my car...

I would be willing to bet she looks like hell underneath too.

GAMike
09-10-2013, 07:25 PM
I hope they give you club with a spike through it & 10 minutes in a room with them strapped to a chair, when they catch em....:mad2:

1 Bad Merc
09-10-2013, 07:30 PM
With the way the fender is bent into the door I seriously would want them to put my car on a frame machine. Z's fender was bent back like that and he had some frame damage. You better have them do it now otherwise you will be sol! I feel your pain and would be highly pissed off!

I still think it was someone related to the bodyshop-owner's son or an employee as no one steals a car and brings it back. At least not in Chicago!

sailsmen
09-10-2013, 07:43 PM
I would not let those low life sobs prevent me from enjoying myself!

Roadwarrior
09-10-2013, 07:52 PM
With the way the fender is bent into the door I seriously would want them to put my car on a frame machine. Z's fender was bent back like that and he had some frame damage. You better have them do it now otherwise you will be sol! I feel your pain and would be highly pissed off!

I still think it was someone related to the bodyshop-owner's son or an employee as no one steals a car and brings it back. At least not in Chicago!
Good point about the fender into the door & the frame machine. When the undercarriage inspection takes place, that will determine if the frame or anything else was damaged that obviously not visible first hand. I'll talk to the body shop tomorrow about that. You have no idea how PO'ed I am about it & let's just say that if I had in my custody those that were responsible for doing this to my car, they would WANT the police to arrest them while begging for their mother liked when they were younger. I won't say here what I would do to them personally, but you guys are WAAAAAYYY too compassionate under these circumstances.:flamer:

MyBlackBeasts
09-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Thank you guys on replying to this thread. The body shop involved IS covering all of the costs of parts (insurance quality OEM) & repairs, a new paint job, rekeying ALL tumblers in the car (ignition lock,drivers door,trunk lid & fuel door release on drivers inside door panel [300a]) reprogramming of the PATS, checking under the car for any further damage etc. under their shop insurance. My auto insurance company knows about what happened (I told them) but is NOT involved at all in this claim process, but they would back me up if the body shop tries to shirk their responsibilities on getting the car back to snuff. I do have a copy of the police report when I went to the shop just after I was notified of what happened & the case is ongoing.

>>>>>This is the proper way for this claim to be handled.<<<<<

Please attend MVXI, don't let this scum that shoud be castrated with a rusty hoofpick win by causing you to change your plans!

IwantmyMMnow!
09-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Glad to see that it appears this issue is being taken care of properly for you. I understand how you feel about going/not going to MV; it would be difficult for me to attend a Marauder event w/o my MM.

Hopefully things get fixed w/o a hitch and they have it ready in time for you to come to MV...that would be awesome if you were able to still make it AND do so in your freshly-repaired MM!

I know I would probably not be able to function for a couple days if something like this happened to me...stay strong, my friend, and keep us updated when you can.

Roadwarrior
09-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Glad to see that it appears this issue is being taken care of properly for you. I understand how you feel about going/not going to MV; it would be difficult for me to attend a Marauder event w/o my MM.

Hopefully things get fixed w/o a hitch and they have it ready in time for you to come to MV...that would be awesome if you were able to still make it AND do so in your freshly-repaired MM!

I know I would probably not be able to function for a couple days if something like this happened to me...stay strong, my friend, and keep us updated when you can.
Thanks Kyle. I would be REALLY surprised if my car would be ready by MVXI, but we shall see. Maybe by the time of the Wilmington,NC Ford show & BRP. Stay tuned.

Roadwarrior
09-10-2013, 08:57 PM
My Marauder was STOLEN from inside the body shop as well as an SUV this past weekend by breaking into the shop,busting the locked key box, taking the keys to the vehicles parked closest to the roll-up door & took them. :censor: :mad2: :mad: :bigcry: :puke: :depress: If there is any good news out of this, the thieves that stole it & the other vehicle returned it with more body damage than it left with & parked them outside. {Mine was there to correct some defects in a recent paint job they did before.} It will need a front header panel, front grill, front bumper cover (yeah, the one that has been discontinued by Ford as we all know.:censor:) LF fender, trunk lid, small tear on rear bumper cover(repairable) & who knows what else was damaged. So with that said & not knowing when I'll get it back when its ready to be picked up, {definitely not in time for MVXI}, I won't be attending it. I'm going to cancel my room reservation, will post it here when its done & I wish everyone here attending to have a good time in ATL. :alone:

I had forgot to mention that the SRS air bags were not deployed & the interior wasn't damaged at all, minus the crime scene fingerprinting dust that's in it. I have to remember to wipe it with a dry cloth first to clean it off even after the body shop is done fixing it. Otherwise, it would smear it on the surface & become more difficult to clean off later.

WhatsUpDOHC
09-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Man, I feel for you. I'd be out of my gourd.
Good luck with the repairs.
Good advice from everyone.
Keep us posted. We'll have to throw the two of you a "Phoenix Party" when all is said and done.

Mark

Roadwarrior
09-12-2013, 06:37 AM
I have decided to go anyways, but I'll be driving a rental car down to the ATL. {I hope I get a Ford, being somewhat in spirit with this gathering of Marauderers. :D}. I'll be arriving on Thursday the 19th. @ 6:00 p.m. at the Hampton Inn. :burnout: I'll see yoots ovah in the middle of the Peach State. :bandit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjbf-dHjW0&list=PL5059E29636E765F4

Shankin
09-12-2013, 06:52 AM

Rumor has it that if you get a front wheel drive and put two varsity plastic trays under the rear tires you can have lots of fun. Just saying:)

MM03MOK
09-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I have decided to go anyways, but I'll be driving a rental car down to the ATL. {I hope I get a Ford, being somewhat in spirit with this gathering of Marauderers. :D}. I'll be arriving on Thursday the 19th. @ 6:00 p.m. at the Hampton Inn. :burnout: I'll see yoots ovah in the middle of the Peach State. :bandit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjbf-dHjW0&list=PL5059E29636E765F4
Excellent news!!!!!

:woohoo:

IwantmyMMnow!
09-12-2013, 03:59 PM

You're more than welcome to ride with me for the convoys....for $8. :D

lji372
09-12-2013, 04:43 PM
That's the spirit!!!!!

PonyUP
09-12-2013, 04:50 PM

Not to worry, in fact to get you in the Marauder Spirit, pm me I have something for you, it's not a Marauder, but it will help

Boost gets you Lovin

FuriousFords
09-12-2013, 05:10 PM
wow this story was getting to me as i hate thieves, but seems to me as it was ex- coworkers or coworkers going for a joy ride and maybe having alcohol involved since they decided to off road such a nice vehicle. Glad to hear you turned things around and are making the best of a bad situation, as for the culprits, ohh i wish they would find em and let everyone from this forum have them as pets. I'll pm you with a question i hope others haven't asked

Roadwarrior
09-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Checked out the MM earlier today for further inspection & had found more stuff to order for them to get due to damage. :( :shake: , but should be items available through OEM or aftermarket - (non MM specific). We shall see.

Go2GuyFL
09-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Thrifty Car Rental usually have Crown Vic's. Get Martyo to load a tune and then, change it back to stock before return.

Joe Walsh
09-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Rumor has it that if you get a front wheel drive and put two varsity plastic trays under the rear tires you can have lots of fun. Just saying:)

:lol:

I've never heard of that....I used to set the rear parking brake and drag the locked rear wheels around.
Kind of feels like a skid pad car when driven like that!

WhatsUpDOHC
09-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Thrifty Car Rental usually have Crown Vic's. Get Martyo to load a tune and then, change it back to stock before return.

Can someone lend him some Marauder rims to go with the rental CV/GM?

Roadwarrior
09-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Kind of funny a Crown Vic rental being mentioned. I drove one 2 years ago when I picked up my Marauder from the seller 700+ miles away. Driving a "Panther" going & returning from a long road trip = :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Go2GuyFL
09-15-2013, 08:19 PM
After the test ride of my Marauder, I made the salesman test ride my '99 Crown Vic which had a Hypertech tune and air rear shocks. He wound up buying my car. So, I drove to Tamarac FL in my CV to drive home in my Marauder.