PDA

View Full Version : Wacky windows??

clintons4
09-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Has anyone experienced windows that work when they feel like it. My driver window stopped working for a couple of months. Now it works fine. Passenger does not work now. Sometimes the rear windows act up but I don't use them much to notice. Any ideas :confused:

slickster
09-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Maybe window tracks get sticky? My passenger wont work if i have not used it in a few weeks until i give the door a good closing wack. I used to have to remove the motor from the regualator then back in and its good! You could try some lube in the tracks

Blown3.8
09-13-2013, 09:23 PM
I think the switches are junk. Sherm's are always acting up.

DarthVader215
09-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Yeah that happen to me also except it was my rear windows. I ordered a new driver Window switch and it works fine.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

vegasmarauder
09-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Rock the switches back and forth (up/down) while banging on the door panel just below the armrest on the door panel until the windows start to move again. Then squirt a little WD 40 in the window tracks and cycle the windows a few times. Seems the windows sticks every so often. People have replaced the window regulators and motors but the problem comes back. I have been using the WD40 trick for a while and it gets them back in shape without new regulators.

Pat
09-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Yes, my PS rear window has a mind of it's own. Replaced the switch, no help, then it just started working again. So far so good, been a month now.

Seems like the master switch in the drivers door gets power first to operate the window and feeds the door switch in a parallel path. Master doesn't work, door switch won't either. Door switch don't work window can be controlled by the master.

Krytin
09-14-2013, 07:24 AM
I've had this for the past 6 years now on & off. It's the window glass sticking in the tracks/seals. Keep them clean & use a good silicone lube.

whitey
09-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Ive taken the controller apart and what seems to happen is an electrical arc will foul up the contacts, ive cleaned them and they all work again. However they will act up again eventually. I think ive read somewhere that its full voltage going to the switches, where it should have a MOSFET wired in to take the blunt of voltage and let the switch do its job as a switch.

On another note, im no electrician, but i know that when i played airsoft, we wired in MOSFETs to help the trigger switch from arc'ing. They stand for Metal Oxide Semi-condutor Field Effect Transistor and basically have the high voltage going through a mechanical switch into high voltage going through an electrical switch.

clintons4
09-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Rock the switches back and forth (up/down) while banging on the door panel just below the armrest on the door panel until the windows start to move again. Then squirt a little WD 40 in the window tracks and cycle the windows a few times. Seems the windows sticks every so often. People have replaced the window regulators and motors but the problem comes back. I have been using the WD40 trick for a while and it gets them back in shape without new regulators.

I'm going to give this a shot and see how it goes.

clintons4
09-14-2013, 02:28 PM
I've had this for the past 6 years now on & off. It's the window glass sticking in the tracks/seals. Keep them clean & use a good silicone lube.

When its not blazing hot out I will get on this.....Looks like I will be doing it in Mid Oct. lol