PDA

View Full Version : Review Mo's Speed Shop review by MyBlackBeasts

MyBlackBeasts
09-17-2013, 08:35 PM
2 days before I left for Roscoes I had new steer tires mounted & balanced on MM. On the way To MI I noticed a small vibe when cracking 65mph. So I thought, I’ll stop @ Mo’s to see if they can spin the tires before I take it on the oval.

After attending Roscoes on the way to Elizabethtown, KY I started noticing MM just was not running correctly. Seemed to be starving for fuel at top RPM WOT. This worried me as I did not want a major mechanical issue when taking it on the track. :depress: I PM’d Marty Sunday around 8pm asking if by some miracle he might be able to check the issue out as I was arriving in Atlanta Monday. He called me within 30 minutes of the PM and stated he could do it if I got there early enough on Monday. I gave him an ETA of noon.

Found myself unable to sleep so took off at 3am and arrived at the shop door at 9am. Was going nuts thinking worse case (I thought the Fuel Pump was puking).

Jeff looked at it as soon as he could & immediately found bad spark plugs. They only had a few thousand miles on them but had been fouled by the octane boost I had been using as we only have 91 by me. Talk about 1 happy camper, I was ecstatic!!! :banana::beer:

After installing new plugs, he installed a Lightning MAF and I got a Mo’s Custom Tune.

Start with Trilogy canned tune at 355hp, when Jeff was done MM was @ 409. :burnout:

Marty showed up as shop was closing and invited John (TooManyFords) & me to his house to see his toy collection and then for dinner with the shop crew.

We got a tour of his home shop & did some drooling over the vehicles & shop (then met his puppies!).

We then went to Crossroads(?) for an excellent dinner & company. :cool4:

Here is where the store gets even crazier… As we were leaving the restaurant parking lot I noticed my VM was sitting under 12v. Awe, crap! :mad2:Quickly called Marty for Jeff’s number as I had him tweek a few things for me in the tune & thought maybe something got turned off by mistake. While waiting for Jeff to call back I noticed Brandon, Mike & Casey (Casey is Mike’s wife) were still in the lot. I pulled over by them and explained what was going on. Brandon (ever prepared) actually had a DVOM in his truck. Talk about lucky! While Brandon was checking it out I called Marty back with an update to which his reply was “if you need parts call me and I’ll run after them”. 11pm Monday night & he is willing to run after parts for me. What a guy! We quickly determined the alt had puked… Jeff then called me back, told him what Brandon had found and he had me drive back to the shop & was going to let me drive his truck to the hotel & would look at the car in the morning. Mike & Casey led me to the shop via the shortest route so if the car quit they could assist. When we arrived, Jeff found they actually had an alt in stock so he & Mike did a race track super swap and 5min later I was charging again.

2 times in 1 day Marty’s crew saved my bacon! You have no idea how happy I am!

So my review? An AWESOME vendor, talented techs doing quality repairs and a shop full of great & generous folks with attitudes & personalities which emulate the top guy.

Thank you Marty, I’ve said it many times but can’t say it enough. Thank you Jeff. Thank you Mike & Casey. Thanks to all of you.

To all reading this, if you need work or help, don’t hesitate to call Marty’s shop. You won’t regret it. :2thumbs:

Bill (MyBlackBeasts)

martyo
09-18-2013, 03:20 AM
Bill, it was our pleasure and thanks for letting us handle your car!

And my wife said next time you text me at 3:00 a.m., NO TUNE FOR YOU!!! :D

http://www.delish.com/cm/delish/images/the_soup_nazi.jpg