PDA

View Full Version : Broke, Need a Tool

FordNut
09-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Need a 1/2" drive breaker bar. Ratchet and torque wrench won't fit in the space, gotta be a breaker bar. Anybody got one? I'm at Homewood rm 205.

As we were leaving Stone Mtn park, realized the AC wasn't working. Cause was the cooling fan not working. Tried to make it to the hotel via backroads to avoid the interstate parking lot, but still overheated. Kyle caught up to us and helped out, then followed us to make sure we made it ok. We stopped at Advance and I ordered a new fan assembly (installing that is going to be a challenge in itself). Can't get the old one out without removing my supercharger belt tensioner.

I'll need a ride to Advance in the morning to pick up the part, too. They said 7:30 or so.

justbob
09-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Need a 1/2" drive breaker bar. Ratchet and torque wrench won't fit in the space, gotta be a breaker bar. Anybody got one? I'm at Homewood rm 205.

As we were leaving Stone Mtn park, realized the AC wasn't working. Cause was the cooling fan not working. Tried to make it to the hotel via backroads to avoid the interstate parking lot, but still overheated. Kyle caught up to us and helped out, then followed us to make sure we made it ok. We stopped at Advance and I ordered a new fan assembly (installing that is going to be a challenge in itself). Can't get the old one out without removing my supercharger belt tensioner.

I'll need a ride to Advance in the morning to pick up the part, too. They said 7:30 or so.

Is this to remove the belt Brian? I have a serpentine wrench along with just about every tool you could need. I'm at the tilted kilt down the road and I could run up to help out.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

whitey
09-20-2013, 06:32 PM
if I could pick a time my car would break down, it would be a a marauderville event, lots of helping hands! sorry to hear about the break down, but im sure it'll be up and running in no time.

Glenn
09-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Brian:

I have a 1/2" breaker bar if you still need one. I will be at the car show at about 11:00 AM. Plus about any other tool you may need in the garage.

Glenn

Granddaddy Marq
09-20-2013, 06:57 PM
We got him apart. Just have to get the part in the morning. It is very tight, and the breaker bar was almost to big.

FordNut
09-20-2013, 07:18 PM
We got him apart. Just have to get the part in the morning. It is very tight, and the breaker bar was almost to big.

Thanks for the help, it is a really tight fit. Justbob has a tool that's ideal, I gotta get me one of those! I borrowed it for the reassembly tomorrow.

Is this to remove the belt Brian? I have a serpentine wrench along with just about every tool you could need. I'm at the tilted kilt down the road and I could run up to help out.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

Thanks for the tensioner tool, heck of a time for us to have to work on our cars, eh?

Brian:

I have a 1/2" breaker bar if you still need one. I will be at the car show at about 11:00 AM. Plus about any other tool you may need in the garage.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, I hope it's running and I can drive it to the show. I was planning to clean it up in the morning but I guess I'll just enter the "nastiest marauder" class.

RacerX
09-20-2013, 09:07 PM
I didn't want to take off all my extra goodies and tried jacking my front end up enough to pull the fan assembly right out the bottom. Worked great!

GAMike
09-21-2013, 02:46 AM
Brian ... If you want help cleaning up your ride, there Marty's detailer will be on site to assist(obviously for a sma fee :). ). Bobby get you ready pretty quickly if needed. Hope you get the other issues Squared away bud. Good.
Thanks for the help, it is a really tight fit. Justbob has a tool that's ideal, I gotta get me one of those! I borrowed it for the reassembly tomorrow.

Thanks for the tensioner tool, heck of a time for us to have to work on our cars, eh?

Thanks Glenn, I hope it's running and I can drive it to the show. I was planning to clean it up in the morning but I guess I'll just enter the "nastiest marauder" class.

TooManyFords
09-21-2013, 04:06 AM
I have one at Homewood, will be down unloading my car this AM

FordNut
09-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks to all. Got it going this morning, then wiped it down in time for the rain. A great equalizer since mine was pretty dirty but the rest were spit shined, they all look the same in the rain!