PDA

View Full Version : Made it home safe from MV 11

CWright
09-22-2013, 02:29 PM
It was an absolute blast hanging out with you guys for the past several days.

Please post up when you have made it home safe. :beer:

PonyUP
09-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Home in Boston, just in time to watch the Vikings lose again

Those ***** ********** and *******,*******,************** ****************************** ***************************

Boost gets you
Love Admiration Idolization & Distinction

IwantmyMMnow!
09-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Got home about an hour ago...been waitin' for this thread to get created....geeez! :D

You guys did a great job...hope you get some well-deserved rest this evening.

Looking forward to coming back down that way in Nov for SSHS 13.

martyo
09-22-2013, 03:06 PM
I am home.

Had a great time. Thanks to all those who did some serious hard work to make this happen!

PonyUP
09-22-2013, 03:08 PM
I am home.

Had a great time. Thanks to all those who did some serious hard work to make this happen!

And Marty, we can't thank you enough for your participation and generosity to the event, it really helped make it a successful MV

Boost gets you
Love Admiration Idolization & Distinction

boatmangc
09-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Well, I made it to Kennesaw safe.
Awesome time, it was great to put some more faces to cars and screen names. I look forward to meeting all of you again.

Maybe SSHS13?!?!

justbob
09-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Home!

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

L.Mark
09-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Home safe. AWESOME FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both of us had a blast!!!! PERFECT job guys!!!!!:banana2::banana2::be er:

Granddaddy Marq
09-22-2013, 03:56 PM
We're home safe and sound. With a new hair drier, hair brushes, tooth paste, and brushes, etc. etc. We left that bag behind so all new toiletries for us. The hotel is Fedexing it to us.
A BIG THANKS TO THE 3 AMEGO'S for they're hard work so I could have a good time. Other than having to buy a hair drier I'll never use, this was a Great Weekend for me and Deb. Others to be thanked the sponsors, above and beyond my expectations, Mercury Marauder.net and there members.
The ones I missed: Rex, Doom, and Mike. I hope every thing goes good for Ya'll and I hope to see you soon.

Becky
09-22-2013, 04:14 PM
We are home safe. We had so much fun hanging out with everyone!! Becky

jimlam56
09-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks to all that made this happen!
Met some new friends, missed some too!
Home safe after more love bugs and the remnants of the storm we had in ATL yesterday. Had 3/4 inch of rain at the house today...

slickster
09-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Had lots of fun. See ya in ky

lwblumjr
09-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

I made it home safely late this morning. I had a great time even though I had to miss the Atlanta Motor Speedway due to a work thing. :bigcry: The Cyclorama was great! The picnic at Stone Mountain was great! I even had a good time at the Tilted Kilt Car Show with all the rain. It's a good thing I did make it. The show judges used my umbrella! I even had a great time at the awards even though I didn't win a prize. Slickster won quite a few and gave me the LCM Repair he won that I needed! Thanks again! :banana2:

IwantmyMMnow!
09-22-2013, 05:56 PM

Congrats on your 3rd place trophy in the S/C class....;)

Gryphonzus
09-22-2013, 06:01 PM
We made it home safe and sound.we had a great time! Thanks guys for setting up a great event.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

TooManyFords
09-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I am almost home. I stopped on the way so I'm *not* driving after dark with the car on the trailer.

martyo
09-22-2013, 06:15 PM
I am almost home. I stopped on the way so I'm driving after dark with the car on the trailer.

I miss you already!

TooManyFords
09-22-2013, 06:19 PM
I miss you already!

I miss Jeff and the shop too!

martyo
09-22-2013, 06:32 PM
I miss Jeff and the shop too!

What about me???

TooManyFords
09-22-2013, 06:36 PM
What about me???

What *about* you? Ok, I miss your lovely wife too.

martyo
09-22-2013, 06:39 PM
What *about* you? Ok, I miss your lovely wife too.

Dammit man!

WPG_Merc
09-22-2013, 07:03 PM
I am still in route 2 more days, now In a small town outSide of Clarksville ,KY for the night.

What a great event and an awesome job for everyone
Who organize it.was well worth the over 1500 mile trip.
Great people & awesome hospitality.

And a "VERY "big thanks to Martyo & Jeff for the time setting up the
Rodder and hanging out at the shop.The car sounds & drives awesome down the highway.

I'll post when I get home.
Your Canadian Friend
"Keeping the Rodder alive in the far north".

1stMerc
09-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Made it home safe.
Had a great time and it was truly good to be back among the living.
Thanks to the GA contigent. the Boston transplant MM.net and all the attendees for making this a rousing success.

Now to kick back with chips, beer and Route 66 on DVR

Waymon

MarauderMike
09-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Home safe! Thanks to all involved for a great time.

MyBlackBeasts
09-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Home an hour ago.

Easy ride, no troubles.

You guys did a great job with this event! Thank you very much!

Mo - thanks again for the mechanical help Monday. Tell Jeff the car still gets 22mpg @ 75mph with some stop & go backed up traffic in Nashville. 402 miles, 19gal.

Thanks to everybody for the great time! Looking foward to Louisville! :D

1 Bad Merc
09-22-2013, 09:53 PM
I just walked into the door after dropping dad off. We had a great time and cannot thank everyone enough for all the fun that we had!

It's always such a good time hanging out with our old friends and meeting new ones.

Mike, Chris and Brad you guys throw one heck of a Marauderville!!! Thank you guys for all your hard work and efforts-we had a blast.

Cant wait to see everyone again for Looseville.

Comin' in Hot
09-22-2013, 10:00 PM
I just pulled in, time for bed

lji372
09-22-2013, 10:02 PM

Welcome aboard :laugh:

Just walked in, left the car on the trailer for the night:/
Wife finished the last 45 minutes. I almost pulled a zack!!!:eek: yes really

Thank you to all who made this happen. Had an awesome time.
Louisville!!!!!

Roadwarrior
09-22-2013, 10:40 PM
I had arrived home @ 7 p.m. in the Road Pig. Stopped by to see Rex on the way home & took a detour to avoid game day traffic in Charlotte. It was a pleasure meeting everyone & kudos to the 3 Amigos (Chris, Brad, Mike + others that had a role supporting them.) for making MVXI a success. Great job guys & gals.:beer:36015<----- Road Pig. {rental for the trip to MVXI (920 miles in 3 days, 18.7 mpg avg.)}

P71
09-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Paula and I made it home safely.
Thank you to Chris, Mike, Brad and all of the behind the scenes contributors, supporters and volunteers who worked so hard to provide us with a most memorable Marauderville XI!
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Louisville!
REX, GET WELL SOON, WE MISSED YOU!
DOOM, we hope all is well with you, we missed you too!

MERCMAN
09-23-2013, 10:02 AM
We got home about 8 PM last night. Great time was had by all. Thanks to all who participated and donated. If you missed this one you really missed a GREAT MV.

Curless
09-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Got home at about 2 a.m. last night...very tires, gonna take a bit to recover from this one.

HammerDown
09-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Fordfrk & I arrived home safe about 2:15pm today. A stop yesterday to visit Rex, then on to South Hill, Virginia to spend the night.

Thanks to the Georgia guys for another fun MV. Good to meet some southern Marauderers, and good to see some of the usual gang from the north.

Guittard22
09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Did I miss the post on all the photos and crazy story's ?

DWSTANG67
09-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Made it home safe just wanted to thank everyone for another great marauder event had a great time

MyBlackBeasts
09-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Did I miss the post on all the photos and crazy story's ?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89601

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89621

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89584

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89615

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89615

There are more. :D

Haggis
09-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Made it home around 5pm yesterday. Let's see car reached 50,000 miles on the trip, mike to the CB broke, road debris took out right side marker and what else.....oh yea rear seal on driver's side axle went sometime yesterday. Stopped in Harrisonburg, Va. to replace oil in differential (thanks Dean). Made it home with no more problems, car is at shop now waiting for them to call so I can see what the damage is.

Took the scenic route home through the 'Tail of the Dragon' Rt 129 (thanks Curless for the suggestion). Dean did a good burnout at Deal's Gap, NC right before we started the dragon. All the bikers gave us a dirty look, F them.

Ken
09-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Made it home about 10 PM last night, leisurely trip, with spurts of 105 in northern GA. Had a great ten day trip, thanks to everyone for their southern hospitality. Dropped a ton of money, but well worth it! Left a small mark on leaving the parking lot in Paul's memory. :burnout:

GAMike
09-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Left a small mark on leaving the parking lot in Paul's memory. :burnout: You know that made Paul very happy:beer:

jwibbity
09-24-2013, 09:22 AM
made it home bout 11pm last night, after a very successful hiring conference, 6 out of 9 jobs want to bring me out for site visits!!!! and had a ****** ton of fun at my first marauderville, looks like ill be staying down south so maybe ill be able to help out as a coordinator next time it rolls down here!

Ken
09-25-2013, 10:03 AM
... a very successful hiring conference, 6 out of 9 jobs want to bring me out for site visits!!!!...! Great! Keep us posted. Nice meeting you and Monique(?) :beer:

Haggis
09-25-2013, 10:17 AM
made it home bout 11pm last night, after a very successful hiring conference, 6 out of 9 jobs want to bring me out for site visits!!!! and had a ****** ton of fun at my first marauderville, looks like ill be staying down south so maybe ill be able to help out as a coordinator next time it rolls down here!

It was great meeting you and Monique, Jordan. I could not remember your screen name.

Good luck in the corp. :flag:

jwibbity
09-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Great! Keep us posted. Nice meeting you and Monique(?) :beer:

It was great meeting you and Monique, Jordan. I could not remember your screen name.

Good luck in the corp. :flag:

Thanks Guys, Ill definitely be coming back for more maraudervilles! Probably the most fun I've had in the car since i bought it!!

MM03MOK
09-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Phew! What a whirlwind 11 days on the road! Made it home at 5:30 tonite. The route home included part of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

What an amazing time! So great to reconnect with friends and meet new ones. I loved having Phoebe with me!! �� Thank you Chris, Mike and Brad for truly showing us Southern Hospitality! The run at AMS and the BBQ are forever memories!!

GAMike
09-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Glad you made it home safe & sound Mary:). It great having everyone here in our little slice of this great country:banana2: Next up? The Southern Super Heavy Shootout November 2nd.:burnout:Come on back y'all:D

Phew! What a whirlwind 11 days on the road! Made it home at 5:30 tonite. The route home included part of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

What an amazing time! So great to reconnect with friends and meet new ones. I loved having Phoebe with me!! �� Thank you Chris, Mike and Brad for truly showing us Southern Hospitality! The run at AMS and the BBQ are forever memories!!

WPG_Merc
09-25-2013, 09:20 PM
I made it home to MB Canada from MV 11 about 4pm central & the Rodder ran like an animal on the interstates for the drive back.
(Thanks to Martyo & Jeff):bows:
I got through the border easy & no cop trouble.
Total was :

13 days
12 hotels
Went through 8 states to Atlanta
Went through 6 states to home
I can't count how many gas stops there was,But a lot
I drove 3,811 miles or 6,140 KMs in total

I Had a blast at MV 11 meeting new people,Drag Racing,Cookouts,Cyclorama.
Learning more of the MM good & bad,
An Awesome job to put it all together :beer:
Thanks for have a Canadian in the group. :canada:
Can't wait For MV12

GAMike
09-26-2013, 06:14 PM
I made it home to MB Canada from MV 11 about 4pm central & the Rodder ran like an animal on the interstates for the drive back.
Total was :

13 days
12 hotels

Can't wait For MV12

Your trip was a test, and you passed bud!:beer: Glad you were able to get things squared away, and have fun in the process:burnout:

1stMerc
09-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Total was :

13 days
12 hotels

Can't wait For MV12

Glad you could make it down, and had a good time.
How's the folks? Did they enjoy the trip?

WPG_Merc
09-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Glad you could make it down, and had a good time.
How's the folks? Did they enjoy the trip?

The folks had fun in Atlanta,They did a lot of touring around & at the aquarium.
They kept complaining about the loud pipes every 30 or 40 miles.
They don't know any thing about car stuff.But it was fun to freak them out
when I opened up the rodder on the Interstates. :D:D

I always wanted to go to A Marauder-ville & just being part of it feels great.The distance was far but that was the road trip I wanted to do.

Haggis
09-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Glad you had a good time. I ask them to change the rules about only having one Gordon per Marauderville to make the exception for you. I think to will pass unanimously.

IwantmyMMnow!
09-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Glad you had a good time. I ask them to change the rules about only having one Gordon per Marauderville to make the exception for you. I think to will pass unanimously.

We could have Gordon-eh and Gordon-B...

Haggis
09-27-2013, 08:04 AM

There is already a Gordon B on the membership list. He use to be in CAM_land, but he was going to move down to your neck of the woods. Have not heard from him in a while.

Guess I will be simply known as Haggis. :D

MM03MOK
09-27-2013, 08:22 AM

Right there, you made me laugh outloud!!! :laugh: :laugh:

WPG_Merc
09-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Or maybe they could just allow only one Canadian to the events.:D

We say "EH" a lot because us Canadians don't hear very well.

:canada:

VMARAUDER
09-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Still not home...hanging out in Florida. :burnout:
Heading home in a couple of days. Stopping back in the ATL overnite to split the 19 hrs

boatmangc
09-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Finally made it home last night around 10:00.
Just have enough time to get the car ready to turn around and go back for SSHS13!!!

Looks like I might make my allotted 6000 mile max this year :drive:

Ken
09-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Just have enough time to get the car ready to turn around and go back for SSHS13!!!

Looks like I might make my allotted 6000 mile max this year :drive:a Quarter mile at a time!

lji372
09-29-2013, 07:12 PM
The folks had fun in Atlanta,They did a lot of touring around & at the aquarium.
They kept complaining about the loud pipes every 30 or 40 miles.
They don't know any thing about car stuff.But it was fun to freak them out
when I opened up the rodder on the Interstates. :D:D

I always wanted to go to A Marauder-ville & just being part of it feels great.The distance was far but that was the road trip I wanted to do.

Good stuff!! :D
Glad I met you and hope to again:beer:

VMARAUDER
09-29-2013, 08:29 PM

Looks like I might make my allotted 6000 mile max this year :drive:

Just left Venice Fl. today and arrived back in the ATL as a halfway stop before home. Great time in Florida hunting gators ...lol well watching one in my cousin's pond
One thing
The Marauder is made for the road and you should see the people staring as I whizz by
I should get home tomorrow about 6 pm cst

Haggis
09-30-2013, 04:28 AM
...Great time in Florida hunting gators ...lol well watching one in my cousin's pond.

Just when you thought it was safe to back into the water.

lji372
09-30-2013, 05:00 AM
One thing
The Marauder is made for the road and you should see the people staring as I whizz by

Uh...it's because they think your a cop :D

:lol:

VMARAUDER
09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Finally at home...3000 miles
Nashville to Atlanta to Venice, Florida then back to Alanta and finally HOME
The Marauder handled very well but seemed to labor a little up hill in the mountains but once out of the mountains it was zzoooooommmm
MARAUDERVILLE XI WAS A FANTASTIC EVENT AND I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED AS MUCH AS I DID AND MORE
:beer: :banana:
Now time to :sleepy:

GAMike
09-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Finally at home...3000 miles
Nashville to Atlanta to Venice, Florida then back to Alanta and finally HOME
The Marauder handled very well but seemed to labor a little up hill in the mountains but once out of the mountains it was zzoooooommmm
MARAUDERVILLE XI WAS A FANTASTIC EVENT AND I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED AS MUCH AS I DID AND MORE
:beer: :banana:
Now time to :sleepy:

You made it home Vincent! hehehe:beer: Thank you for dropping in to our lil slice of America:D Glad you enjoyed yourself:burnout: