PDA

View Full Version : Run-Flat Tires for Marauder?

hitchhiker
03-26-2004, 12:45 AM
Has anyone heard of or tried out Run-Flat Tires on a Marauder? :rock:

Is Good Year the only manufacturer of these?

Are special rims used with these type tires?

Thanks,

David

jspradii
03-26-2004, 03:27 AM
Has anyone heard of or tried out Run-Flat Tires on a Marauder? :rock:

Is Good Year the only manufacturer of these?

Are special rims used with these type tires?

Thanks,

DavidI've got about 20,000 miles on a set of Eagle EMT's (OEM Corvette tires) and they are great driving tires. Mine are 275/35-18's, and they work fine all around. Have to check the pressure on them frequently, since they could be running low and it's very hard to tell without a tire pressure system. I have enjoyed them as street tires. They are too hard for the track, though, so don't plan on getting much use out of them there. They go on the 8" rims just fine.:banana2: :banana2:

dwasson
03-26-2004, 07:38 AM
Are there aftermarket pressure sensors that could be installed with the runflats?

Thomas C Potter
03-29-2004, 07:54 AM
JSP, you're giving out some bad advice!!!!!!!!! 275/35/18's need a 9" minimum rim. The tires may mount OK, but not a smart way to go down the road.

There are 2 pressure sensors that I know of that could be installed on most wheels, I think the Tire Rack carries a decent system that clamps on the rim before tire is mounted, and I've seen an inexpensive valve cap that shows the pressure via color band, Griots maybe??

TP

jspradii
03-29-2004, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=Thomas C Potter]JSP, you're giving out some bad advice!!!!!!!!! 275/35/18's need a 9" minimum rim. The tires may mount OK, but not a smart way to go down the road.

There are 2 pressure sensors that I know of that could be installed on most wheels, I think the Tire Rack carries a decent system that clamps on the rim before tire is mounted, and I've seen an inexpensive valve cap that shows the pressure via color band, Griots maybe??

I beg to differ. I have over 20,000 miles on my set now, and they don't look like they've hardly worn at all. I had a certified Goodyear service center mount them (they are the only ones authorized to do so) and they told me not only that the 8" rims are more than adequate, they balanced and mounted them as well. They've been on my car since last August, and I have never had a problem with them, short of monitoring the pressure regularly.:banana: