PDA

View Full Version : HomeLink button busted - any replacement thoughts?

racorcey
09-24-2013, 10:08 AM
So, as I was pushing the number 1 button on the overhead console to close my garage door a few days ago, the button pushed up and inside the console. Drats!

I took it apart last night, and found that the button is at the end of a plastic lever, which is attached to a plastic frame holding all the other buttons. I used a special version of some hot-melt glue that I have, and it's holding for now, but I'm not comfortable with it.

I did some poking around here, but most of what I found was regarding programming....not parts replacement.

Has anyone gone through this before or posted info regarding where you might be able to find some replacement parts - other than finding or buying a whole other overhead console?

Thanks guys!

myrodr
09-24-2013, 11:06 AM
not sure if this will help but 2002 dodge stratus use same buttons as well as 2000 GMQ but the buttons are on the sun visor maybe some parts you could use for repair

Marauderjack
09-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Wally-World carries a Loctite Plastic Epoxy that will fix it if you can get the hot melt stuff off??:beer:

fastblackmerc
09-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Wally-World carries a Loctite Plastic Epoxy that will fix it if you can get the hot melt stuff off??:beer:
I'd use the epoxy and then put something between the button and the switch so you don't have to push the button too far to activate the switch.

Ebay has a lot of Marquis / Lincoln overhead consoles available. The buttons are the same color regardless of the finish on the console.

larryo340
09-24-2013, 05:24 PM
So, as I was pushing the number 1 button on the overhead console to close my garage door a few days ago, the button pushed up and inside the console. Drats!

I took it apart last night, and found that the button is at the end of a plastic lever, which is attached to a plastic frame holding all the other buttons. I used a special version of some hot-melt glue that I have, and it's holding for now, but I'm not comfortable with it.

I did some poking around here, but most of what I found was regarding programming....not parts replacement.

Has anyone gone through this before or posted info regarding where you might be able to find some replacement parts - other than finding or buying a whole other overhead console?

Thanks guys!I just happen to have what you need PM sent :)

racorcey
09-24-2013, 08:36 PM
All good ideas - thank you.

Jim (FastBlackMerc)...I did look on Ebay earlier today, and really didn't find anything at my price range (like really cheap). Maybe they do pop up from time to time.

Larry0340 has made me an offer I can't refuse, so I will take him up on it.