PDA

View Full Version : Power windows stopped working

Geewez
09-26-2013, 03:08 PM
All the power windows in my car stopped working except for the RR window. I've checked the fuses and relays, replaced the driver's control panel and checked to see whether the dash lights dim when I push the window switches-all to no avail. Anyone go through the same problem or have come up with a solution?

Gryphonzus
09-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Are you using the drivers controls to work the windows? If so try using each individual doors control. If they work that way it is the drivers control switches going bad. You can either try cleaning them or ordering new ones. If they do not work that way either then the motors may have gone bad or the windows are stuck. Try holding the switch down and have someone close the door hard. That usually unsticks mine and they work again for awhile. Good luck!

HBTMD
09-26-2013, 10:03 PM
All the power windows in my car stopped working except for the RR window. I've checked the fuses and relays, replaced the driver's control panel and checked to see whether the dash lights dim when I push the window switches-all to no avail. Anyone go through the same problem or have come up with a solution?

Had to replace the right and left front window motors in my 2003 MM shortly after the warranty ran out. They had to order 4 new motors form Ford before they had 2 new ones that worked.

Other than that, at 38,000 miles my MM has been extremely reliable and a real pleasure to drive. :beer:

Geewez
09-28-2013, 12:22 AM
I was hoping it wasn't a bad motor but what are the odds of three of them going out at exactly the same time? I've already replaced the driver's control panel. Hitting the buttons from each perspective door and button doesn't work either.

Marauderjack
09-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Over time the windows "glue" themselves to the top track...try pushing down on the outside of the glass while operating the switch......assuming they are in the up position??

My driver's window has done this for several years and silicone in the track seems to help.....give it a whirl if you can get them to work!!

Good Luck!!:beer:

lancejlove
09-28-2013, 06:59 AM
My window has been stuck for about two months and I tried everything so I thought until I read this last night. Held the window down button down and slammed the door and boom! The glass broke! Somebody is getting sued...Lol just kidding the window came down. Thanks a lot for that little trick.

Are you using the drivers controls to work the windows? If so try using each individual doors control. If they work that way it is the drivers control switches going bad. You can either try cleaning them or ordering new ones. If they do not work that way either then the motors may have gone bad or the windows are stuck. Try holding the switch down and have someone close the door hard. That usually unsticks mine and they work again for awhile. Good luck!