PDA

View Full Version : Motor City Marauders Regional Event - I.M.O.A. Mid-Lakes Region Show @ Roush Racing

MI2QWK4U
03-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Motor City Marauders - Regional Event
I.M.O.A. 2004 Mid-Lakes Region Show & Shine
Saturday, July 17, 2004
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Roush Racing Collection
Event Hosted by I.M.O.A.

Roush Racing Collection
11851 Market Street
Livonia, MI 48150

Roush Racing is welcoming the I.M.O.A Membership to their facilities for a combined tour/open house and the Mid-Lakes Regional Show and Shine. The Roush Collection houses a variety of vehicles related to Roush’s rich history of racing, including race cars, developmental vehicles, classics, and vintage automobiles. Members will be able to enjoy the collection, a retail area, and other events and displays. As a courtesy, the I.M.O.A. will have a Marauder corral area for the Motor City Marauders and any other Marauders, old and new both, to display our cars. Roush will have food vendors for lunch and cold drinks. The Motor City Marauders will have a tent or two for shade. All you need to do is register with us so we know how many to tell the I.M.O.A. There will also be more information on this event in the next issue of Quicksilver.

Please Email me if you have any questions.... mi2qwk4u@comcast.net . If you plan on attending, please notify me, we are preparing Dash Plaques for members that attend this event, and will need an accurate head count. This and every other Motor City Marauder Event is open to any and all Marauders.

SergntMac
03-26-2004, 05:55 PM
I am impressed. Nice job, Dave.

kirk
03-26-2004, 07:26 PM
You said it SergntMac! Dave's doing great things. Can't wait for summer. Keep up the great work Dave. I'll be seeing you and the others soon.

MikesMerc
03-26-2004, 08:16 PM
I've added these dates to my calender:) I'll be in touch for more details soon. Count me in for sure.

CRUZTAKER
03-26-2004, 08:23 PM
I would like to make this meet. I need to see how things are going by the time July rolls around. Other than that, yes Dave, I would like to attend.

Good job planning this one Dave. And remember, if you have the need for a road trip, come on down fot the raid on the rock hall may 21-23.

MarauderMike
03-26-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm in for this one to! Great job Dave. Better yet, it's less that three miles from home!!! :bounce:

dwasson
03-27-2004, 08:24 AM
I'm there Dave. Good job putting this together. Do you need me to bring a pop up canopy?

Jerry Barnes
03-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Dave,

Great job Dave!. Knowing the other things that we have planned for this summer, it should be a great time. The Motor City Marauder is a fantastic Club to belong too. And Dave, when are you going to post all the other events you have been working on?????

Jerry

bigslim
03-27-2004, 06:53 PM
I will be there. Gotta love a place that will have a bunch of MM's.

merc406
03-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Great job Dave, wish I was 20 years younger. :D

jobrien8
03-28-2004, 08:14 AM
Dave, this sounds great! Please put me down as being there. Even if I work, its a short jump from Dearborn.

MI2QWK4U
03-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Dave,

Great job Dave!. Knowing the other things that we have planned for this summer, it should be a great time. The Motor City Marauder is a fantastic Club to belong too. And Dave, when are you going to post all the other events you have been working on?????

Jerry

Easy Big Guy! There are more things planned for the Motor City Marauders this summer. When you hook up with some well known folks like I.M.O.A., Fun Ford Weekend, Roush Racing, SAAC, and the Michigan International Speedway, you can expect some good quality events. I am just waiting to finalize some plans before releasing the next series of events the Motor City crew are hosting. With the quality of the members in our club, its easy to make plans for us all to have a good time. Look forward to some events planned in association with Ford Motor Company, Stu Evans Lincoln Mercury Dealership, Crown Vic.Net, Trilogy Motorsports, Lincoln Mercury, and the I.M.O.A. again.
Stay tuned!

dwasson
07-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Do we need to register for this event?

MikesMerc
07-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Nope...you register when you get there. You'll be able to register for the car show and/or the drag races. Or you can just go to look aound.

I'll call Dave tonight and see if I can arrange a rally point for Friday morning.

dwasson
07-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Friday morning? I thought it was Saturday.

MI2QWK4U
07-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Friday morning? I thought it was Saturday.

Its saturday. I will work on a meeting point, gotta get past norwalk first. So many events this month!

Fast4Door
07-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Something to consider - I live about 10 minutes from the event, and I'm convenient to I-275 and 7 Mile Road.

I'd be glad to host the MCM crew for coffee and donuts.

Just let me know...

Jerry

MarauderMike
07-09-2004, 07:30 PM
You beat me to it Jerry I was thinking about that same thing. If for some reason you can't host I'll be happy to..

jstevens
07-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Just post when you know who's house we meet at.

MI2QWK4U
07-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Just a quick reminder to all the Motor City Crew and anyone out of state going to the Roush Collection this Saturday, If you are planning on attending, read the following post and be sure to vote in the poll so I have an accurate headcount. I will be letting them know how many Marauders will be there this wednesday, and they will reserve us a corral for that many cars, and thats it, so please make sure you sign up by wednesday to reserve a spot. Of course if you come last minute, you are welcome to attend, but will have to fend for yourself for parking space with the other IMOA members.

bigslim
07-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Dave, make sure that you put down for attending.

jobrien8
07-13-2004, 03:37 PM
As stated earlier, I will be attending. Just say where to meet! Have already logged in as going. Should be a great show. See all Saturday.

MarauderMike
07-14-2004, 08:35 AM
For any of those interested while on this side of town for the show at Roush, the Motor City Nationals are being held this weekend out at Milan. I'm going out Friday night, I haven't decided about Saturday yet. It takes roughly 30 minutes to get out to Milan from Livonia. Might make a good way to top off the day.

MI2QWK4U
07-14-2004, 08:47 PM
I will reserve 11 spots for saturday, only those that signed in with the poll will get a reserved spot at the MCM corral. There should be additional parking someplace around the show.
This is my list as I have it:

bigslim
dwasson
Fast4Door
Hack Goby
jobrien8
jstevens
Kirk
MarauderMike
MI2QWK4U
MikesMerc

If you arent on the list, and are going, let me know and you can have the spare spot im holding onto.

bigslim
07-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Where and when are we meeting up for the drive into Roush? Also, anyone hear from Robert? I will call him and see if he going.

kirk
07-15-2004, 04:28 PM
Dave, I sent you a PM that I was coming. What happened?

REpson
07-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Mike,

It's a high possibility that I may not be available at this event. For this reason, I have an outstanding number of projects to complete around my house not to mention my daily work load and Grad school responsibilities.

BigSlim just gave me a call to remind me (Thanks-Man) of this event and I told him that I might not be able to make it. I will follow up w/ him tomorrow with a personal phone call.

After my car was broken into, I'm taking some drastic measures to make sure this won't happen again.

I may not be available now but I'll be back real STRONG VERY SOON! I may be down now but NEVER COUNT ME OUT.

Take care guys and I will be in contact with you soon e.g. (Lidio / Mike Z & MM Mike).

:up: :beer:

Motor City Marauders - Regional Event
I.M.O.A. 2004 Mid-Lakes Region Show & Shine
Saturday, July 17, 2004
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Roush Racing Collection
Event Hosted by I.M.O.A.

Roush Racing Collection
11851 Market Street
Livonia, MI 48150

Roush Racing is welcoming the I.M.O.A Membership to their facilities for a combined tour/open house and the Mid-Lakes Regional Show and Shine. The Roush Collection houses a variety of vehicles related to Roush’s rich history of racing, including race cars, developmental vehicles, classics, and vintage automobiles. Members will be able to enjoy the collection, a retail area, and other events and displays. As a courtesy, the I.M.O.A. will have a Marauder corral area for the Motor City Marauders and any other Marauders, old and new both, to display our cars. Roush will have food vendors for lunch and cold drinks. The Motor City Marauders will have a tent or two for shade. All you need to do is register with us so we know how many to tell the I.M.O.A. There will also be more information on this event in the next issue of Quicksilver.

Please Email me if you have any questions.... mi2qwk4u@comcast.net . If you plan on attending, please notify me, we are preparing Dash Plaques for members that attend this event, and will need an accurate head count. This and every other Motor City Marauder Event is open to any and all Marauders.

MarauderMike
07-15-2004, 07:05 PM
The event at Roush starts at 9 a.m. The Roush Collection is about 5 minutes from my home, if Jerry (Fast4Door) doesn't mind I'll go ahead a offer for everyone to meet here for coffee and donuts before the show. I'm not sure of our exact schedule for the show as far as if we need to be there a bit early to set up but anyone is welcome to start coming by at 7:30 Saturday morning. I will get the final list of participants from Dave (Dave, pay attention here, I need the list.) and email each of you with my address. Very simple to get to from I-275. If everyone who would like to stop by please let me know so I can plan accordingly. If I fail to email you with the address, my phone number is listed in the Motor City Marauder event book. Looking forward to another great event!

bigslim
07-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Mike, PM me with directions to your house.

MI2QWK4U
07-15-2004, 07:36 PM
The event at Roush starts at 9 a.m. The Roush Collection is about 5 minutes from my home, if Jerry (Fast4Door) doesn't mind I'll go ahead a offer for everyone to meet here for coffee and donuts before the show. I'm not sure of our exact schedule for the show as far as if we need to be there a bit early to set up but anyone is welcome to start coming by at 7:30 Saturday morning. I will get the final list of participants from Dave (Dave, pay attention here, I need the list.) and email each of you with my address. Very simple to get to from I-275. If everyone who would like to stop by please let me know so I can plan accordingly. If I fail to email you with the address, my phone number is listed in the Motor City Marauder event book. Looking forward to another great event!

Thanks for offering your place as the meeting place. I thought there would be more attending, but we have what we have. Up to this point the following people have indicated they are attending. I will be calling Jerry Robbin's contact person for the show tomorrow and confirming they hold us a prime spot to set up, Hey, the IMOA invited us in a big way, its the least they can do. I will ask for a couple more spots that cars attending to give us a little sprawl room to pitch a tent and banner. I will call you tomorrow night to confirm everything Mike. There is an outside chance I won't be attending, if thats the case I will make arrangements to get the MCM banner to Paul or John OBrien so you have it there. I will know more whats going on tomorrow. Mike, here is your contact list:
bigslim
dwasson
Fast4Door
Hack Goby
jobrien8
jstevens
Kirk
MarauderMike
?MI2QWK4U
MikesMerc

MarauderMike
07-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the list Dave, I certainly hope you can make it to. Tomorrow after work I'll be out at Milan for the Motor City Nationals, go ahead and give me a call, but you might want to email me as well with any important info.

Fast4Door
07-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Mike,

PM'ed you. Sorry I'm late on this!

I'll be on for a while tonight.

Jerry

MI2QWK4U
07-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the list Dave, I certainly hope you can make it to. Tomorrow after work I'll be out at Milan for the Motor City Nationals, go ahead and give me a call, but you might want to email me as well with any important info.

I will email you anything you need to know, including a contact name if they say you need one. I am having some work done on the Marauder before Indy and its running a little long, and I don't want to ruffle any Marauder feathers if the Marauder isn't finished and I show up in the Mach, so we shall see.

Fast4Door
07-15-2004, 08:01 PM
I will email you anything you need to know, including a contact name if they say you need one. I am having some work done on the Marauder before Indy and its running a little long, and I don't want to ruffle any Marauder feathers if the Marauder isn't finished and I show up in the Mach, so we shall see.

Bring the Mach!

I'm gettin' tired of lookin' at that blower anyway...

J/K

Jerry

MikesMerc
07-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Need your addy Mike!

MarauderMike
07-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks for offering your place as the meeting place. I thought there would be more attending, but we have what we have. Up to this point the following people have indicated they are attending. I will be calling Jerry Robbin's contact person for the show tomorrow and confirming they hold us a prime spot to set up, Hey, the IMOA invited us in a big way, its the least they can do. I will ask for a couple more spots that cars attending to give us a little sprawl room to pitch a tent and banner. I will call you tomorrow night to confirm everything Mike. There is an outside chance I won't be attending, if thats the case I will make arrangements to get the MCM banner to Paul or John OBrien so you have it there. I will know more whats going on tomorrow. Mike, here is your contact list:
bigslim
dwasson
Fast4Door
Hack Goby
jobrien8
jstevens
Kirk
MarauderMike
?MI2QWK4U
MikesMerc

I think we need to start beating up on the other 20 some members!!!!! :shot:

I agree, Bring the Mach, the heck that it is a IMOA event. LOL

MarauderMike
07-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Anyone bringing a tent?

MikesMerc
07-15-2004, 08:16 PM
Anyone bringing a tent?

I'll be bringing my 9x9. Some else should bring another.

MarauderMike
07-16-2004, 03:19 AM
I sent directions to everyone going to Roush last night, so check your email or private messages. If you have any questions, send me an email or call me.

Hack Goby
07-16-2004, 05:11 AM
Mike,Got your E-Mail see you Sat.morning.

dwasson
07-16-2004, 05:18 AM
Anyone bringing a tent?

I have my 10 X 10 pop-up canopy in the trunk.

tim ellis
07-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Howdy Y,all. I,d like to partake in Saturday,s events at Roush, But I need Directions. And where you are meeting Saturday morning. :help:

Thanks
Tim Ellis

jobrien8
07-16-2004, 04:58 PM
See everyone saturday, I'll be bringing our eldest, Daryl. Hope we got good weather. :cool:

bigslim
07-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Sorry to get back to you so late Tim. Glad to hear from you. Anyway, we are meeting at Mike's house in the morning. He directions are posted earlier in this thread. Hope to see you tommorrow.

MarauderMike
07-17-2004, 03:47 AM
Tim, I sent you directions late last night. Hope to see you here this morning or at least over at Roush.

MikesMerc
07-17-2004, 04:23 AM
ARGGGH! I'm at work today!

I had to come into the office today and I will not be able to go now:bigcry:

Don't wait for me. If I can get out at a decent time, I'll come to the show anyway.

....this sucks.... :alone:

MarauderMike
07-17-2004, 04:33 AM
Bummer Mike! Hope you can make it over later on.