PDA

View Full Version : radio

irish
11-20-2013, 09:41 AM
My radio in my 2003 MM, doesn't work , although the cd & tape player work. My question is how do I determine if it is the radio itself that is the problem ( no am or fm ) or if there is a reception problem with the antenna, & if it is the antenna where is it located to check it out. Need your advice before investing into another radio. Thanks :)

fastblackmerc
11-20-2013, 10:36 AM
My radio in my 2003 MM, doesn't work , although the cd & tape player work. My question is how do I determine if it is the radio itself that is the problem ( no am or fm ) or if there is a reception problem with the antenna, & if it is the antenna where is it located to check it out. Need your advice before investing into another radio. Thanks :)

Can almost guaranty it's the headunit. You can pull it out and check the antenna connection or try another antenna. BTW... the antenna is in the back window grid.

irish
11-20-2013, 10:55 AM
thanks for your reply with have a look

jsignorelli
11-20-2013, 12:46 PM
The stock radios die just as you described. I replaced mine twice with a Ford unit before I got smart. I suspect that the stock units are made in Chine with the LCM, EATC, and BCM modules.
My Pioneer AVIC unit has everything I could want including a backup camera. The DVD's aren't bad either in the HiDef screen.

Larry Staunton
11-21-2013, 12:14 PM
I just had to have the radio rebuilt in my 2004 Marauder. The cd player worked fine. I bet the radio, not the cd player, had about one hours usage since the vehicle was new. Very distressing.