PDA

View Full Version : New member: 04 Marauder Electrical Problems.

Challenger
12-30-2013, 08:15 PM
New to the MM web site. Just bought a 2004 MM and love it so far. Having some minor electrical problems though. Neither pax or driver heat seat works, light won't eliminate. Neither power seat works, and both power mirrors don't work either. Fuses good. Been reading the forums for two days now and can't find what could be the common problem. Any help would Be greatly appreciated!

L.Mark
12-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Has it had any dentless paint repair??? If you have a manul check to see if any are on the same fuse.

L.Mark
12-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Welcome to the bar by the way!!!:beer:

Challenger
12-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks! Not sure about the dent less repair as I just bought it. Forgot to mention the front door locks don't work either (rears work fine). Seems like a possible common grounding problem maybe?

Challenger
01-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Looks like the seat motors are the culperate. I can hear the solenoids clicking but no motor movement. Does anyone have the seat motor part number available? Also, are all of the seat motors the same? Thanks in advance for your help!

VMARAUDER
01-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Has it had any dentless paint repair??? If you have a manul check to see if any are on the same fuse.

Endless paint repair...door electrical problems????
Can you explain, I had DPR on my driver door in 2012.

RF Overlord
01-04-2014, 11:53 AM
I can't find any commonality between the things you've mentioned.

Electrical issues can be VERY frustrating. Get the factory wiring diagram, it will help in a big way.

Blackened300a
01-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Was this a flood car by any chance?

vegasmarauder
01-05-2014, 01:50 AM
Ref the seats, if the motors click and then stop you may be able to unstick the tracks and gears. They get gummed up lubricant and old french fry debris in everything. I have had good luck with LIGHTLY spraying some penatrating oil on the pivots and tracks and then waiting about an hour for it to wick into everything. Then try the seats. It has worked on numerous cars over the years with sticky,dragging ower seats, especially if they work ok until someone sits in them and then they quit.

Door lock actuators have been know to fail. You have to take the door panel off and check the voltage at the actuator. The right front door and rear doors are on same circuit/fuse so if rears work then good chance power is flowing to the actuators.

Seat heaters are common problem. the LEDs in teh switches go out even though the switch still works. A bit more to trouble shoot, but same theory, trace the current flow.

May want to invest in an 04 CV/GM factory wiring manual (off Ebay) to see what wires/circuits to test. It has saved me a lot of work.

Challenger
01-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Thank you everyone (particularly Vegas Marauder) for your insight and help. I pulled the front right seat out completely and found the connectors had some pins pulled right out of them. (The motors seem a bit frozen up, am trying the penetrating oil overnight.) I am thinking of just cutting and splicing those wires unless theres an easier way? Also, i pulled the front door panel off as you suggested and found good voltage going to the door lock actuator. I have ordered a new one and am replacing the speakers as long as the door panel is off. By chance does anyone have the part numbers for the power seat motors? Big Thanks!