PDA

View Full Version : New polished tips today

mrjones
04-02-2004, 02:07 PM
I just had my muffler guy install new polished tips without the resonators today. The design of the tips is the same as the original, but they're about 2 inches shorter. He added a piece of SS pipe for the extension. Cosmetically, they're identical, but the new tips are completely hollow. The sound is just a bit louder and deeper, but I'm not even sure that my wife will notice the difference. I'm happy with it so far, but I'm probably gonna want it a little louder in the future.

I really like the sound of Jeremy's car, and I might try the Maganaflow mufflers next time. Best part of the whole deal was the price: $50.:up:

muslhed
04-03-2004, 11:43 PM
I'd like to hear your exhaust without the silenced tips. That was the only thing I didn't do when I replaced my factory exhaust. I'm afraid that if I put them on now, it might be too loud though. Glad to hear you put them on!

PhkinQk
04-04-2004, 05:25 AM
I just had my muffler guy install new polished tips without the resonators today. The design of the tips is the same as the original, but they're about 2 inches shorter. He added a piece of SS pipe for the extension. Cosmetically, they're identical, but the new tips are completely hollow. The sound is just a bit louder and deeper, but I'm not even sure that my wife will notice the difference. I'm happy with it so far, but I'm probably gonna want it a little louder in the future.

I really like the sound of Jeremy's car, and I might try the Maganaflow mufflers next time. Best part of the whole deal was the price: $50.:up:

You are quoting the install price, right. The tips were like $130 or something right? Cause I've been saving up for DR's exhuast $1100 and he stops at the factory mufflers, keeping the stock look.......

martyo
04-04-2004, 05:41 AM
You are quoting the install price, right. The tips were like $130 or something right? Cause I've been saving up for DR's exhuast $1100 and he stops at the factory mufflers, keeping the stock look.......

FreakinQk: You are close on the price, but check with Wes Chain (wchain on the board here for exact pricing.

Now, not to sound like Todd the Loudmouth, but weren't you talkin' about buying a Viper?? The cost of the exhaust for our car would be like, ummm, the change lying around in the ash tray of a Viper. Just a thought.

mrjones
04-05-2004, 03:15 PM
You are quoting the install price, right. The tips were like $130 or something right? Cause I've been saving up for DR's exhuast $1100 and he stops at the factory mufflers, keeping the stock look.......[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yep, I paid $50 installed. These are not the tips sold by the site vendor in Houston, and they are about 2'' shorter than the stock, but they are polished SS, and they look the same.

Not a big difference in volume at all, but it is more noticeable.

muslhed
04-05-2004, 04:00 PM
In other words, the ones Mr. Jones bought are not the "Jegs" replacement tips that have no silencer in them. Those sell for $130 for the pair, not installed. If his tips are of the same angled and rolled edge design, and are the same diameter as the factory ones, I would buy them in a heart beat over the Jegs! I could care less that they are 2 inches shorter and don't have "Jegs" written in fancy cursive on the tip! The savings is more than worth it!

2003 MIB
04-07-2004, 05:55 AM
In other words, the ones Mr. Jones bought are not the "Jegs" replacement tips that have no silencer in them. Those sell for $130 for the pair, not installed. If his tips are of the same angled and rolled edge design, and are the same diameter as the factory ones, I would buy them in a heart beat over the Jegs! I could care less that they are 2 inches shorter and don't have "Jegs" written in fancy cursive on the tip! The savings is more than worth it!

"Meg's" not "Jegs", Bro. Coming to the meeting tomorrow at John Eagle?

SergntMac
04-07-2004, 06:47 AM
I just had my muffler guy install new polished tips without the resonators today. The design of the tips is the same as the original, but they're about 2 inches shorter. He added a piece of SS pipe for the extension. Cosmetically, they're identical, but the new tips are completely hollow.
Can you tell us more about these tips? Manfacturer? Stock number? Availability? I'd like to check them out, thanks.

Amsoil_Dealer
04-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Can you tell us more about these tips? Manfacturer? Stock number? Availability? I'd like to check them out, thanks.

Me too...I am actually looking for 3" tips, like on a Mach 1, for my Crown Vic...At $50.00 installed, I'd even go for that deal.

Don

gdmjoe
04-07-2004, 09:28 AM
FWIW .....

Alternative tip selection (http://mustangracing.mrt-direct.com/tips.php).

*Caveat - Provided for your consideration; have no interest nor association with the seller.

muslhed
04-07-2004, 05:52 PM
"Meg's" not "Jegs", Bro. Coming to the meeting tomorrow at John Eagle?

Oops!!! My bad! What's worse, is that I knew that! There's no way I can make it over to Dallas tomorrow. I will be in Dallas Wed. thru Thurs. next week though. Wish I could make it!

MM03
04-07-2004, 06:21 PM
I put on the open megs from Wes with th factory exhaust and it made it a little louder. Then I put on the system from Dennis w/ 18" magnaflows.
Those open tips lasted about 3 weeks. I just reinstalled the factory tips and it sounds great. I felt the open tips droaned to much at lower rpm,s at light throttle.

mrjones
04-07-2004, 07:58 PM

I don't know all of the numbers, but I do know that the name of the manufacturer is "Angelus". Nope, I've never heard of them either, but they look fine. I've had an identical set on my 89 Mustang for about 2 years with no problem. The Mustang has Dynomax SuperTurbo mufflers on it, and its a bit louder than the Marauder, and you hear everything since it's a convertible.

I like the SuperTurbos, but I want to try something else on the Marauder when I replace them. I kept my originals in case I need them with louder mufflers later.

They are the same 3", slash cut, rolled tips as the originals.

muslhed
04-23-2004, 05:55 PM
I put on the open megs from Wes with th factory exhaust and it made it a little louder. Then I put on the system from Dennis w/ 18" magnaflows.
Those open tips lasted about 3 weeks. I just reinstalled the factory tips and it sounds great. I felt the open tips droaned to much at lower rpm,s at light throttle.

I wonder if it's possible for someone to post a soundclip of their Marauder exhaust with aftermarket mufflers and the Megs replacement un-silenced tips. That would pretty cool to hear!

Glenn
04-23-2004, 06:49 PM
O.K. here's the real scoop, I just bought the same MM SS Megs tips (26"L x 3.5" O.D.) with 2.25" inner pipe (which I wanted) from Ford Racing Parts, Page 111 for $24.00 each from Austell Ford in Atlanta. Yes, a real live Ford dealer. Guess where alot of our vendors get their parts from - Ford Racing Parts Catalog - headers, X-pipes, etc. 4:10 gear KIT for $150. You should see all the parts you can get straight from Ford and at 20-25% discount off of list. Bought MM fitted Noah car cover for $218 with Marauder name from Ford. Very nice cover, well made and doubled stitched.

Glenn

muslhed
04-24-2004, 07:17 AM
Glenn,
Are the tips you bought the un-silenced ones that are normally $130, or just the factory replacements with the silencers?