PDA

View Full Version : The Milan Thread

Hack Goby
04-02-2004, 06:53 PM
OK Fella`s are we ready to kick things off!!!!!!!!

MI2QWK4U
04-02-2004, 08:07 PM
What time are you guys heading over there? Myself and Lidio will probably be leaving our side of town at 1pm. If you guys get there before we do, save us a couple of good spots in the shade. I spoke with Jerry Barnes today, and he was going to try to make it with Trilogy #1. Lid's car is running great, and we just finished up some tweaking tonight on my #2 car. He did a great job and we Dynoed it at a Whopping 440 RWHP tonight, and I will tell you this much, you can feel every one in the seat of the pants. If we leave around 1, we should be there just after 2, what about you guys? Throw a post on here so we all know. I was thinking about grabbing a cold one afterwards too, from the looks of things, we will have the best turnout at a strip so far.

merc406
04-02-2004, 08:09 PM
OK Fella`s are we ready to kick things off!!!!!!!!

Send some of that sweet smellin rubber up here :burnout: :burnout: :banana2: Have a great time :up:

Shade Dave? Last time we were their they had 1 or 2 trees over the near grandstands, we fried in the July sun.

16secondp71
04-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Hey, it was nice meetin' you guys... Does anybody have video/pics from the day?

SergntMac
04-04-2004, 03:02 AM
So...Who all went racing at Milan today, and how did they run? I see Lidio's spectacular time in a thread by itself...Lidio go alone?

Hack Goby
04-04-2004, 06:58 AM
Mac,with people showing up at different times we were a little disorganized and so was Milan being opening day.Lidio and dave showed up late and Dave was in line when the rains came.Other times,QuikVic(from CVN)ran 14.6 with a assist from the bottle,New member Bubba(stockDTR)brought his 16Yr old daughter along and let her take his Marauder down the 1320 and she ran faster than the old man(low 15teens)the other Marauders I dont Know.Myself I had a small table ,two lawn chairs,a full cooler,Plus my wife riding shotgun with with the camcorder going and I havent been down the strip since 1973(the old Detroit Dragway)so I was happy with 16.40 and 16.20.Jerry and Dan(dwasson)came to watch and two Marauders(one with a bottle)were there also.I got there right at 1:00pm and had my first run in over 30yrs. over with in the first 20min.after that I only got two more the rest of the day.

SergntMac
04-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks, Hack, sounds like you had a fun day!

Hack Goby
04-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Thanks Mac,I think Bubba and I had the most fun.Plus I got my last run on vidio from inside the car(the only downside is watching an Eagle Talon,13.50 pull away from me.) :fire:

bbockstanz
04-04-2004, 09:18 AM
It was great to see all the marauders there at the track and just having a great time. I was walking around talking to the many people that were there and offering my help to them. I wanted to talk to a few more guys there but then the rain came and it became a goast town. I will be back there again many times this year and hope to talk to you all and help you out in any way. It was really funny to watch some of the spectators that were behind the launch pad betting on the cars. "I've got 20 on the camero, anyone want that heavy marauder?" That was one voice I heard as Lidio was making his pass. Then the green light lit and I watched that marauder pull past the camero and that guy start reaching in his pocket to pay up. It's real nice to have these luxobarges in stealth mode killing camero's and mustangs. Have a great time guys and hope to see you and get a chance to talk with you.

MI2QWK4U
04-04-2004, 10:44 AM
The conditions were less than favorable yesterday, in fact, they sucked. We should have expected it to be busy, but Lidio and I sat around for 2 1/2 hours to make a pass. He was even numbered street tires, I was odd. He made his pass when it was still partially sunny out, but the wind he mentioned was strong. When I finally got to the staging area 45 minutes after Lidio, they were checking for rain at the end of the track. They were trying to hurry us along, and I missed the chance for a good burnout, my bad, and it hurt me a ton. I held back a wide open throttle launch due to sprinkles on the windshield, but as soon as it launched, I drilled it. I can tell you my ass felt the extra horsepower Lidio found for it. Rear end got squirrely, but I compinsated and rode that ride like a rocket. It was an improvement, but not the cars best and definitely not the driver's best. They closed the track 10 minutes after I made my run.

Bottom line on a new best time at the track is 12.6 @ 109 mph and 60' of 1.9

All things considered, I guess that was pretty good. Just not what I had hoped for. But I will take any improvement! Lidio feels this is a very low 12 second car as it stands. Hopefully I will improve on that next week at the track, I really am anxious to find the best time for this car.

Jerry Barnes
04-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Well, all of us in Michigan knew it was only a matter of time before Lidio broke into the 11's and yesterday was that time!

With only one pass on the day, Lidio did an 11.93 ET in his Trilogy S/C Marauder. I can't tell you what a great accomplishment it was for Lidio and all of us to see that happen!

Congratulations to Lidio on a job well done and if I know Lidio his next goal will be the 10's!

I don't want to steal Lidio's thunder, so I will let him tell you the details, but "HE'S THE MAN!".

AND YES! I HAVE THE VIDEO OF LIDIO AND DAVE'S RUNS. I will try to get them posted tomorrow.

When I watched the rerun of Lidio racing the Camaro, at the end of the run you can hear me say"He kick his as#". It could have been hurricane weather and it was worth the trip to see that 11.93 ET!

Kick'n butt and taking names!

Jerry

bubba
04-05-2004, 04:35 AM
What a BLAST! Yes, my 16 year old daughter beat me across the board - reaction time, elapsed time and top speed. Her numbers were:
15.3 elapsed time - 93.2 top speed.

Great job to Lidio and Dave - it is nice to see these cars beating up the Mustangs and Cameros.

It was great to meet the Motor City Marauder gang - I hope to make it to a few more events. I could see that my biggest problem is that Ford painted my car the wrong color. :)

Take care all - I will try a post some pics later this week.