PDA

View Full Version : keyless entry repair or replace?

gatlandc
02-11-2014, 01:43 AM
My keyless entry panel has been getting less and less responsive over the last two years and now it doesn't work at all. Is this a common problem ? Is it easy to replace or repair?

Marauderjack
02-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Mine has been hard to operate for a couple years now so I ordered a replacement but have not installed it yet since I needed a lock actuator too!!:(

I have a used one now so I'm ready when the weather gets better!!:beer:

gatlandc
03-24-2014, 06:15 PM
I finally got around to fixing my keypad. Getting the retaining clip of was the hardest part, its not actually very tight, its just really awkward, a little wiggling and jiggling got it off. Once I opened the keypad unit i could see why it wasn't working, all the brass contact dots for the 9/0 key has fallen off so no number nine! I have managed to stick them back in place but I doubt it will last long.

I'd like to buy a new door keypad if anyone knows where I can find one?

Marauderjack
03-25-2014, 03:11 AM
Uh......FORD Parts counter!!:cool:

fastblackmerc
03-25-2014, 05:18 AM
Uh......FORD Parts counter!!:cool:

Dealer, eBay, Amazon, recycle yard....

stevengerard
03-25-2014, 04:21 PM
buy a new one so you don't have this happen again. after 10 years I just now replaced mine. Now I have to replace all the interior lights that have gone bad and the few switches as well.

L.Mark
03-25-2014, 05:02 PM
When I replaced my Mom's LSC keypad I had to grab the module in the trunk in order to get the new code and ensure that it worked. Is this the case witht he Marauder's as well???

larryo340
03-25-2014, 06:11 PM
When I replaced my Mom's LSC keypad I had to grab the module in the trunk in order to get the new code and ensure that it worked. Is this the case witht he Marauder's as well???

Nope....plug and play with the original code.