PDA

View Full Version : Cruztaker's first DYNO/TUNE...OMG!!

CRUZTAKER
04-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Drive to Chicago - 401 miles
Drive time to Illinois border - 3hrs. :up:
Drive time remaining 40 miles on I-294 - 3 hrs.:down:
Dyno run - $85
Jerry magic - $150
Blowing the collector gasket on the right side - $65?
Posting 302.4 RWHP & 307.4 Torque - PRICELESS :baaa:

Hanging with Zack and Mac was great. I also met several other members, and in all the excitement the names I cannot remember.

I had to cut my visit short due to expected 6" of snow in the greater Cleveland area starting around 10 pm saturday nite. So after I dynoed, I hit the road. The car runs wonderfull with the exception of a very noisy exhaust leak. Good thing it's snowing, because the exhaust tick is horrendous. I will call Nick first thing monday and have them overnighted.

What do you think of me now Tod? Marty? Billy? :rock:
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/data/500/627DYNO_2004-med.jpg

MarauderMark
04-03-2004, 06:51 PM
SAAAAWWWEEEEEEET!!!! :up: :up:
Now you gotta post some track time let us see how fast 302rwhp scoots
down the track.Way to go barry :banana:

Smokie
04-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Barry, congratulations on some fantastic power numbers, I'm very happy for you, I eagerly await the times that power like that will produce. :rock:

FordNut
04-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Congrats Barry. Are you the first to get a dyno tune by Jerry after Kooks installation?

SergntMac
04-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Congrats Barry. Are you the first to get a dyno tune by Jerry after Kooks installation?
Ummm...You may be right on this point, Nut. We kicked around a few "first" and "new top dog" ideas, but none of us nailed any one of them down.

This has been a wild weekend, and it's not over. This is just Barry's Friday/Saturday summary of his visit to Chicagoland. There's more ahead, I'm sure.

FordNut
04-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Ummm...You may be right on this point, Nut. We kicked around a few "first" and "new top dog" ideas, but none of us nailed any one of them down.

This has been a wild weekend, and it's not over. This is just Barry's Friday/Saturday summary of his visit to Chicagoland. There's more ahead, I'm sure.
Yeah it's a wild one. What the point of my question was, is that there may be a new "baseline" program for Jerry to provide. The standard and the Kooks one.

martyo
04-03-2004, 08:59 PM
What do you think of me now Tod? Marty? Billy? :rock:

Barry: I have always thought good things about you. It's Todd that bothers me....

Marauder57
04-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Dang man...that is some impressive stuff! :up:

Petrograde
04-04-2004, 11:15 AM
sweet dude! :up:

jgc61sr2002
04-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Barry - Cool, very cool. :up: :rock:

cyclone03
04-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeah it's a wild one. What the point of my question was, is that there may be a new "baseline" program for Jerry to provide. The standard and the Kooks one.

I was wondering this myself.
Can this new header tune be put into the SCT?

Jerry how close to TX. are you going to be this year!!!

From the Dyno chart it looks like step one was to lock the trans in 3rd gear for the dyno run,my dyno guy couldn't get any numbers below 3000rpm in 3rd because of down shifts.

Also a 1.00 correction says you had good air for your tune.

300+ at the wheels! Oh yea! Great numbers.

MARAUDER S/C
04-04-2004, 03:39 PM
:up: :up:

CRUZTAKER
04-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Jerry will be in Eastlake, Ohio next saturday.

His computer was having issues, therefore I took a flash. I need to have this data put into the chip for permanent residence.

Overall, I am happy. I wish i hadn't blown the gaskets, but that's ok. A little embarrassing to drive right now, but I'll get it fixed next week.

I think I am in the market for a blower now. Perhaps late summer. After running KB1 around town, it's a feeling that there is no comparison to.

I gotta get to Norwalk as soon as they open and get some 1/4 mile times with this setup.

I still believe Billy and Marty will be faster as the only device I am not using is a t/c upgrade. That's an expensive mod that I'm not sure I need if a s/c is around the corner.

As much as I love the 'whistling' cars, I will definately be getting a Trilogy kit.

FordNut
04-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Barry,
You ought to go ahead and get some better gaskets. After I blew one I went with Mr. Gasket Ultra-Seal gaskets. Also, when you look at the area around the leak you may find some burnt insulation on the bottom side of the floor pan. I added Thermo-Tec heat shield (12"x12" self-adhesive) sheets to prevent future problems with burning if I blow another gasket.

CRUZTAKER
04-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Cool, thanks for the advice.

Bigdogjim
04-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Great #'s Barry, congrats:)

NickLee
04-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Barry, congratulations on some fantastic power numbers, I'm very happy for you, I eagerly await the times that power like that will produce. :rock:

Way to go Barry, great numbers. See you on the 17th. :banana:

Haggis
04-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Great numbers Barry, see you in May.

CRUZTAKER
04-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Jerry's tune has helped me break 14's finally.

With unreasonable track conditions and street tires:

ET 13.992 @ 100.71

With proper hookup, I know I can do better.