PDA

View Full Version : ASC Sunroof Questions

License2Bill
02-26-2014, 06:14 AM
My 300A has an ASC Sunroof installed and there are 4 buttons on the controls (Open, Close, Vent, ASC). The ASC button always flashes slowly alternating between green and red unless I press and hold the open button until the roof has fully opened. At this point, the 1 touch controls are active and the ASC button becomes a solid red. I can press it and it will turn green. I can tap Close, Vent or Open to move the glass to the corresponding position without having to press and hold the button. If ASC is illuminated solid green, autoshut (close the roof automatically when the vehicle is turned off) is enabled supposedly, but doesn't work on my car. If I shut the car off for any length of time and restart it, the ASC light is flashing again.

There also seems to be a slight wiring issue somewhere inside it. Occasionally when I hit the open button, it starts opening as if I had pressed the vent button, and the close button is inoperable.

Day to day driving and hitting small bumps i.e. expansion gaps on bridges, cause the roof to open ever so slightly, increasing cabin noise. I have to partially open then fully close the roof to alleviate this.

My issues are:
Autoshut doesn't work
One Touch doesn't stay in "memory"
Wrong operation occurring after pressing different buttons
Occasionally and unintentional partial opening while driving

Some days its a nice feature to have, other days its a PITA.

fastblackmerc
02-26-2014, 09:25 AM
My 300A has an ASC Sunroof installed and there are 4 buttons on the controls (Open, Close, Vent, ASC). The ASC button always flashes slowly alternating between green and red unless I press and hold the open button until the roof has fully opened. At this point, the 1 touch controls are active and the ASC button becomes a solid red. I can press it and it will turn green. I can tap Close, Vent or Open to move the glass to the corresponding position without having to press and hold the button. If ASC is illuminated solid green, autoshut (close the roof automatically when the vehicle is turned off) is enabled supposedly, but doesn't work on my car. If I shut the car off for any length of time and restart it, the ASC light is flashing again.

There also seems to be a slight wiring issue somewhere inside it. Occasionally when I hit the open button, it starts opening as if I had pressed the vent button, and the close button is inoperable.

Day to day driving and hitting small bumps i.e. expansion gaps on bridges, cause the roof to open ever so slightly, increasing cabin noise. I have to partially open then fully close the roof to alleviate this.

My issues are:
Autoshut doesn't work
One Touch doesn't stay in "memory"
Wrong operation occurring after pressing different buttons
Occasionally and unintentional partial opening while driving

Some days its a nice feature to have, other days its a PITA.
I'd clean all the contacts attached to the switches. Make sure the connectors are clean and tight.

I "fixed" an aftermarket roof that way.

1 Bad Merc
02-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Also check where the sunroof attaches to the arms. They do get loose and the sunroof will go out of adjustment or if they are loose enough the sunroof will move -IE open with vibration/ bumps. This could also be effecting the auto shut as it is binding up.

If that does not work just look for a asc dealer and they can fix it.

Comin' in Hot
02-26-2014, 01:19 PM
I had all kinds of issues with mine, I took into an ASC dealer for less than $100 it was fixed

License2Bill
02-26-2014, 04:50 PM
I had all kinds of issues with mine, I took into an ASC dealer for less than $100 it was fixed

That's probably what I'm going to end up doing. I thought they were out of business now though?