PDA

View Full Version : It's Been a Great Ride But NHMS Won't Hold Car Show for 2014

Ms. Denmark
03-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Yup, just got the confirmation call this afternoon that New Hampshire Motor Speedway will not hold their annual Classic and Custom car show this summer. It would have been the 5th year for our regional meet at Loudon but all good things must come to an end. Eric and I have loved putting this one together, with the help of our friends. We had some ideas cooking for this year as well. The question is whether you members that have participated in the past might be interested in the meet without the Speedway and car show. :confused: Of course the date and even the state could be changed, too. Just gaging interest at this point.

Motorhead350
03-13-2014, 04:22 PM
That's a relief, I thought you were getting rid of the car. From how I know you online, you would be the last person to do so.

There will be other car shows.

Ride on!

Comin' in Hot
03-13-2014, 04:25 PM
How about something in Maine along the coast? Or for really adventurous Nova Scotia?

Cheeseheadbob
03-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Will the snow be gone by August? :D
How about something in Maine along the coast? Or for really adventurous Nova Scotia?

Bigdogjim
03-13-2014, 05:49 PM
How about Niagara Falls?

If now keep NH I am sure we can find something to do:)

nh muscle
03-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Manchester nh has an awsome car show right on main st. they shut it down and usually there is about 200 cars. Also Budweiser plant has an even bigger car show in the summer and there is about 300 cars. Racing can be done on rt 3 !!!

Guittard22
03-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Yup, just got the confirmation call this afternoon that New Hampshire Motor Speedway will not hold their annual Classic and Custom car show this summer. It would have been the 5th year for our regional meet at Loudon but all good things must come to an end. Eric and I have loved putting this one together, with the help of our friends. We had some ideas cooking for this year as well. The question is whether you members that have participated in the past might be interested in the meet without the Speedway and car show. :confused: Of course the date and even the state could be changed, too. Just gaging interest at this point.

:argue:

What !!!! That sucks and I was really looking forward to not being the newbie at this meet this year .

I will be willing to help you guys set something up for this summer if you want some input .

RacerX
03-13-2014, 06:08 PM
What were the dates Paula? New England Dragway has a nice show field. Maybe we can tie it into a car show there? Ford Fest is Saturday, August 30th. They have a great car show and I'm sure they could easily accommodate us.

Ms. Denmark
03-13-2014, 06:23 PM
That's a relief, I thought you were getting rid of the car. From how I know you online, you would be the last person to do so.

There will be other car shows.

Ride on! You're right, Dom, on all accounts. :cool:

Manchester nh has an awsome car show right on main st. they shut it down and usually there is about 200 cars. Also Budweiser plant has an even bigger car show in the summer and there is about 300 cars. Racing can be done on rt 3 !!! That could be an idea, Ken. What are the dates?

:argue:

What !!!! That sucks and I was really looking forward to not being the newbie at this meet this year .

I will be willing to help you guys set something up for this summer if you want some input .
I have to say that you were a darn good newbie, Chris. One of the best! We certainly would take you up on offering any input you may have, if we decide to go forward with the meet.

Derek and Bigdog's ideas sound interesting, too. I think that Ladyhawke has already put in for vacation in early August in anticipation of attending the NH meet so my first choice would be to plan it in that time frame. We are open to all ideas.

Ms. Denmark
03-13-2014, 06:34 PM
What were the dates Paula? New England Dragway has a nice show field. Maybe we can tie it into a car show there? Ford Fest is Saturday, August 30th. They have a great car show and I'm sure they could easily accommodate us.Bill, The NH meet has been in early August for the past couple years. (before that it was in May) We can be flexible with the date as long as it doesn't conflict with anything. Carlisle is in early June and Marauderville is in late September. Even late August seems like a good bet and the dragway and Fordfest sound appropriate.:D (hopefully Chris & Gordon could come)

So it seems like we might find something we can all agree on. Quite a few good ideas here.

Ladyhawke
03-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear that they aren't having the show. It was a good show with lots of nice cars.

With or without a show, we are in. The New England area would be good so we can tie in a visit to see his dad. Plus we need our annual Screech and Maple Cream run from that area too!

My work is extremely busy this year so I did put my time in for the first weekend of August. I could maybe change it if no else has selected the time. May to July will be the busiest time and more difficult to get away though. :(

DWSTANG67
03-13-2014, 07:38 PM
The show at the speedway was a great event and Paula and Eric put on a great meet. I am in for a New England meet no matter what you come up with. It was always a good meet with good friends.

I see some ideas already mentioned I am sure we could find something. How about that little curise night at that diner.

Ms. Denmark
03-14-2014, 02:28 AM
Sorry to hear that they aren't having the show. It was a good show with lots of nice cars.

With or without a show, we are in. The New England area would be good so we can tie in a visit to see his dad. Plus we need our annual Screech and Maple Cream run from that area too!

My work is extremely busy this year so I did put my time in for the first weekend of August. I could maybe change it if no else has selected the time. May to July will be the busiest time and more difficult to get away though. :( Eric and I are available for August or early September so that would be our best time frame. We can't do anything earlier than that. Hope it can work with your vacation availability too!

The show at the speedway was a great event and Paula and Eric put on a great meet. I am in for a New England meet no matter what you come up with. It was always a good meet with good friends.

I see some ideas already mentioned I am sure we could find something. How about that little curise night at that diner. Thanks, Dean. There are lot's of good ideas so far and looks like the interest is there. That gives us somewhere to start making plans. Eric and I will gather more specific information (and dates) related to the ideas we've heard here. Keep 'em coming. We need to get Plan B pulled together ASAP so everyone can make their plans.