PDA

View Full Version : sylvania 194: silverstar vs LEDriving

88CuttyClassic
03-25-2014, 03:39 PM
anyone have experience or a comparison of these two bulbs for exterior use? I want the brightest, not necessarily what is the coolest. I'm gonna go LEDs in the interior. From what I gather LEDs seem to be better for close quarter applications where as incandescent seems to be brighter for long distance.

MOTOWN
03-25-2014, 04:27 PM
anyone have experience or a comparison of these two bulbs for exterior use? I want the brightest, not necessarily what is the coolest. I'm gonna go LEDs in the interior. From what I gather LEDs seem to be better for close quarter applications where as incandescent seems to be brighter for long distance.

Are you talking about side marker and tail lights:confused: the only place on the exterior a 194 bulb is used is the lic plate bulb

88CuttyClassic
03-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Are you talking about side marker and tail lights:confused: the only place on the exterior a 194 bulb is used is the lic plate bulbthe replacement guide on their site says rear side markers and license plate. 194NA (amber) for the frontmarkers. which bulbs are the cornering lights? I want those brighter.

ctrlraven
03-25-2014, 05:13 PM
the replacement guide on their site says rear side markers and license plate. 194NA (amber) for the frontmarkers. which bulbs are the cornering lights? I want those brighter.

There is two bulbs in the front corner lights, you have the turn signal bulb which is a 3157 (dual filament) and then the side marker which is a 3156 (single filament).

I replaced my side marker with an LED bulb. The side marker is ONLY active when the headlights are on, won't come on when just the parking lamps are on.

All replacement guides say 194 which is what the CV and GM used prior to 2003 for the side marker bulb.

MOTOWN
03-25-2014, 05:17 PM
the replacement guide on their site says rear side markers and license plate. 194NA (amber) for the frontmarkers. which bulbs are the cornering lights? I want those brighter.

Rear side markers:confused: Cornering lights are 3157 and hands down go with LEDs there is no comparison!

88CuttyClassic
03-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the replys gents. Learning more by the hour with these cars