PDA

View Full Version : Car Wash?

Motorhead350
03-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Where is the nearest one to the hotel?

Asking now because I will probably was the car before I show up for the day.

Coin car wash is just fine, I forgot where it is.

Bluerauder
03-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Where is the nearest one to the hotel?

Asking now because I will probably was the car before I show up for the day.

Coin car wash is just fine, I forgot where it is.

There is a "Splash & Dash" self wash with a drive through wash located about 2.6 miles from the hotel. It is located at 11506 Shelbyville Road. Come out of the hotel and make a right onto Blankenbaker Parkway and go to the end. Make a right onto Shelbyville Road. Its another 1/4 mile on the right.

This is the closest one that I found to the hotel back a couple years ago. After driving 600 miles in the rain, it needed a quick touch-up to get rid of the road grime. I think several others in the MM group have used the same one.

Motorhead350
03-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Thank you Charlie.

Bluerauder
03-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Thank you Charlie.
No problem Dom. I couldn't find anything closer. Maybe the "locals" can provide you with other options.

Motorhead350
03-26-2014, 05:34 PM
2 miles works.

justbob
03-26-2014, 09:34 PM
That's the same one I always use.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

L.Mark
03-26-2014, 09:48 PM
I'll make a drive around this weekend to see if any new ones have popped up...

Haggis
03-27-2014, 04:28 AM
I'll make a drive around this weekend to see if any new ones have popped up...

L.Mark's car wash, just hook up a hose in your yard. We will come over and wash our cars there.

Drewstang
03-27-2014, 05:57 AM
I was thinking one of the gas station across from the hotel had one, but the nearest non gas station wash is either on Hurstborne Ln at Taylorsville Ln (a pain in the arse to get in and out of) or the one mentioned on Shelbyville Rd near Blakenbaker Pkwy.

Embassy
03-27-2014, 06:47 AM
There is a "Splash & Dash" self wash with a drive through wash located about 2.6 miles from the hotel. It is located at 11506 Shelbyville Road. Come out of the hotel and make a right onto Blankenbaker Parkway and go to the end. Make a right onto Shelbyville Road. Its another 1/4 mile on the right.

This is the closest one that I found to the hotel back a couple years ago. After driving 600 miles in the rain, it needed a quick touch-up to get rid of the road grime. I think several others in the MM group have used the same one.

As someone who grew up in that area, the one mentioned above is the closest car wash.

Ken
03-27-2014, 07:24 AM
I was thinking one of the gas station across from the hotel had one, but the nearest non gas station wash is either on Hurstborne Ln at Taylorsville Ln (a pain in the arse to get in and out of) or the one mentioned on Shelbyville Rd near Blakenbaker Pkwy.I think that I used the one on Hurstbone during a non Meet visit. Did a good job that time, but can't remember why I passed on it last year.

lji372
03-27-2014, 07:27 AM
the louisville event has been at the same place and we don't know where the car wash is...... really

what i want to know is where is the nearest sam's club :D

Ken
03-27-2014, 07:48 AM
the louisville event has been at the same place and we don't know where the car wash is...... really

what i want to know is where is the nearest sam's club :DNext Door!

8UWITH6
03-27-2014, 07:52 AM
I went car wash hunting last year and arrived at some car wash about 4 miles away that was falling apart. I put my coins in and started spraying and the pivot assembly above me was bouncing around and not even welded together anymore. Needless to say I got the DBP outta there!

Thanks for the address, I assume this car was posted here is much safer LOL

Embassy
03-27-2014, 08:49 AM
I went car wash hunting last year and arrived at some car wash about 4 miles away that was falling apart. I put my coins in and started spraying and the pivot assembly above me was bouncing around and not even welded together anymore. Needless to say I got the DBP outta there!

Thanks for the address, I assume this car was posted here is much safer LOL

That is the same car wash.

There are others in Middletown, just a little further east on US 60.

Haggis
03-27-2014, 09:14 AM
what i want to know is where is the nearest sam's club :D

I have been looking for a Kaplan College, can someone help me out?

Ken
03-27-2014, 09:45 AM
I have been looking for a Kaplan College, can someone help me out?No, but I know where you can find an Indiana Wesleyan University parking lot in need of re-striping! :burn::drive:

Haggis
03-27-2014, 10:18 AM
No, but I know where you can find an Indiana Wesleyan University parking lot in need of re-striping! :burn::drive:

That is the one I was looking for, where is it located?

Ken
03-27-2014, 11:47 AM
That is the one I was looking for, where is it located?Stand out front of the hotel and throw a bottle of Black Death across the street, see if you can hit the building!.......:bunny3:

L.Mark
03-29-2014, 11:55 AM
L.Mark's car wash, just hook up a hose in your yard. We will come over and wash our cars there.

I'll wash it for $5...but if you want TJ to wash it in a bikini it'll be $100...:cool:

Mebot
03-29-2014, 12:02 PM
I'll bring my dollar bills and make it rain!

L.Mark
03-29-2014, 03:12 PM
I'll bring some quarters and make it hail...:D

Bigdogjim
03-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Won't the hotel let you all use a hose out back?

Granddaddy Marq
03-29-2014, 05:08 PM
There's a car wash straight through the light, coming out of the hotel, on the left behind the gas station. If you have a dark color car you won't notice the black film it leaves on your car. It wasn't hard to spot on my SB.

Bluerauder
03-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Won't the hotel let you all use a hose out back?

I don't ever remember finding a hose bib at the Hampton Inn in Louisville. It must be hidden really well. I carry a 50 foot section of hose and a universal faucet key in the trunk of my car for just such occasions.

Granddaddy Marq
03-29-2014, 05:21 PM
I don't ever remember finding a hose bib at the Hampton Inn in Louisville. It must be hidden really well. I carry a 50 foot section of hose and a universal faucet key in the trunk of my car for just such occasions.

Car Show Preper? Just incase a car show suddenly starts around you.

Bluerauder
03-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Car Show Preper? Just incase a car show suddenly starts around you.

I have carried the hose since the Woodward Dream Cruise/MV3 in Detroit in 2005. It comes in really handy when there are thousands of cars on display like at WDC or Carlisle and all of the local washes are jam packed. It also comes in handy to do a quick wash at the back of the hotel after a long trip through the rain to various Maraudervilles and other events. Carrying the hose is just a time saver to me so I am not sitting in a line for an hour waiting for a spot.

Bigdogjim
03-29-2014, 09:00 PM

Yeah I carried 75 foot under the big coach:) But not for car shows:lol:

I sometimes find the outlet on the side or out front near the corners:)

Embassy
03-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Saturday might be a busy day at the local car wash.

MM2004
03-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Nothing personal. Closing a few threads as there are many still alive regarding the Louisville Meet.

Mike.