PDA

View Full Version : Louisville 2014 - Post your Final Thoughts

MyBlackBeasts
04-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Wow, what an awesome function.

Great job Mike! Loved the tribute to Rex!

Thanks to everyone attending for making this such a fun, entertaining, awesome time. :bows:

Thank you! :D

See you all next year. :burnout:

lji372
04-06-2014, 02:51 AM
Good Times!!!!!

If you've never attended you really should make an effort to do this at least once, trust me.

Try your best to ignore the little blond lady jumping up and down and running into doors. She's a local, well.... enough said about that one.

Thanks again for lining this up mike :bows:

nusbd
04-06-2014, 03:57 AM
I'm sad i missed it, next meet my marauder should be ready, right head done, left in process and block back from machine shop, just need a week and no rain!

Limited360
04-06-2014, 04:41 AM
Amazing time for a newbie... Looking forward to many more events to come!

Really good to put a face to a name and meet people in person finally.

The tributes to Rex really show how this community cherishes there members...

'Suspended in time' was a great meet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so I may sound retarded.

justbob
04-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Sixth year gone by Mike. Sad it's all over so fast Friend. You did an excellent job keeping all us in check as always. They say herding us Marauder'ers is like herding cats... You have that talent!

Thanks for yet again another memorable year and hope to meet up a couple times this summer as once a year no longer cuts it for me..

BTW, why didn't we get to do the annual u turn??

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

MM2004
04-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the kind words folks!

Why no U-turns?

Because they suck with over 1/4 mile of cars behind me.

:D

Mike.

guspech750
04-06-2014, 10:58 AM
I just wanted to thank you for another great weekend Mike. No amount of words can express my gratitude for your efforts, thoughts and concerns for everyone's enjoyment of your great event.

Too bad so sad its all over again. Going to be a long wait till the next Louisville meet.

I also wanted to say i had a great time seeing familiar faces whike meeting new ones. Im sorry I did not get to say goodbye to everyone this morning. I woke up early and had to get home as I have to get ready for my out of town job. i will miss everyone and remember the fun times and laughs until the next Marauder meet.

Thanks to all that made the drive and helped make if another success.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

lji372
04-06-2014, 01:19 PM
My final thoughts are what are next years dates?? :D

Granddaddy Marq
04-06-2014, 04:28 PM
I want to thank EVERYONE! for showing my wife the best weekend she could of ever had. She needed that in a bad way. It's been a long time since she smiled and laughted like that. And the icing on the cake..... I WON THE 4.10's in the raffle. But rearend gears don't get you l@#d. MM.net was very courteous to us, and helped make our weekend a fun get-a-way. I saw a lot of new faces, but didn't introduce my self to all of them. I'm sorry I didn't make you feel more welcome. And last but not least THANK YOU MIKE!!! for your hard work in putting this together. We're already talking about next year.

For a Good Time "Shut Up and Follow the Devil's Whip!"

IwantmyMMnow!
04-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Ditto to all the comments posted already. As I said to several people last night and/or this morning, you have to try REAL hard to NOT have fun at Looseville. I'm now smiling on the inside after a great weekend. I'm pretty sure that as I drift off to sleep tonight, I will re-live this weekend over and over and fantasize about the one-legged lesbian kickboxer....;)

MyBlackBeasts
04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
I wanted to thank Dom (motorhead350) for organizing the pizza-run Saturday night. Greatly appreciated! :up:

MyBlackBeasts
04-06-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that as I drift off to sleep tonight, I will re-live this weekend over and over and fantasize about the one-legged lesbian kickboxer....;)

Make sure you don't dream about the line at the door of Room 419! :eek: I'm thankful I never made it to the 4th floor but some folks said the noises coming from inside were frightening...

justbob
04-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Had fun with a few members stretching her legs coming back from Waverly! :D

"Since 2004"

MM2004
04-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Make sure you don't dream about the line at the door of Room 419! :eek: I'm thankful I never made it to the 4th floor but some folks said the noises coming from inside were frightening...

True,

While smart enough to NOT post my room #, I can now say that the noises you speak of were in fact horrific, as they were clearly heard from Room #403.

Hoping I can sleep tonight without nightmares.

:depress:

Mike.

justbob
04-06-2014, 05:23 PM
That was us in 401 homie. She even had a ball gag strapped to my mouth this time.

"Since 2004"

MM2004
04-06-2014, 05:25 PM
That was us in 401 homie. She even had a ball gag strapped to my mouth this time.

"Since 2004"

WINNING

:D

MyBlackBeasts
04-06-2014, 05:30 PM
True,

While smart enough to NOT post my room #, I can now say that the noises you speak of were in fact horrific, as they were clearly heard from Room #403.

Hoping I can sleep tonight without nightmares.

:depress:

Mike.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IwantmyMMnow!
04-06-2014, 05:44 PM
You guys are a bunch of liars....I was in 405 and I didn't hear a damn thing...except when I woke myself up because of my snoring....and farting...

I did notice Justmelanie had a pleasant smile on her face this morning....she must've had that gag ball strapped on you REAL good Bob...:rolleyes:

L.Mark
04-06-2014, 05:46 PM
I want to thank EVERYONE! for showing my wife the best weekend she could of ever had. She needed that in a bad way. It's been a long time since she smiled and laughted like that. And the icing on the cake..... I WON THE 4.10's in the raffle. But rearend gears don't get you l@#d. MM.net was very courteous to us, and helped make our weekend a fun get-a-way. I saw a lot of new faces, but didn't introduce my self to all of them. I'm sorry I didn't make you feel more welcome. And last but not least THANK YOU MIKE!!! for your hard work in putting this together. We're already talking about next year.

For a Good Time "Shut Up and Follow the Devil's Whip!"

Glad you guys were able to join us, for sure. curse you for winning the gears but glad you did Lou...:beer:

L.Mark
04-06-2014, 05:48 PM

Are we talking about Waverly...

L.Mark
04-06-2014, 05:49 PM

"Since 2004"

TJ had that in our room...

L.Mark
04-06-2014, 05:51 PM
You guys are a bunch of liars....I was in 405 and I didn't hear a damn thing...except when I woke myself up because of my snoring....and farting...

I did notice Justmelanie had a pleasant smile on her face this morning....she must've had that gag ball strapped on you REAL good Bob...:rolleyes:

Now your lying, your snoring might have woke you up but I know the farting put you out cold...:D

whitey
04-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Final thoughts: you all are as sick and twisted as i had hoped for, great time, not a single complaint. As for those guys in rm 419, may God help them. If i am lucky enough, i will be back next year.

IwantmyMMnow!
04-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Now your lying, your snoring might have woke you up but I know the farting put you out cold...:D

My bad....must've been your farting that woke me up. Next time, I get the left side of the bed, ok?

HammerDown
04-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Two more newbies here that got to Louisville this year.

Thanks, Mike, for arranging things--it was a blast and thank you for the tribute to Rex, a friend to all of us!!!!!

Connie & Jack (Fordfrk)

L.Mark
04-06-2014, 06:48 PM
My bad....must've been your farting that woke me up. Next time, I get the left side of the bed, ok?

As long as we spoon and I get the closest side to the window we be good...:banana:

justbob
04-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Two more newbies here that got to Louisville this year.

Thanks, Mike, for arranging things--it was a blast and thank you for the tribute to Rex, a friend to all of us!!!!!

Connie & Jack (Fordfrk)

Connie, I didn't realize that was the first year for you two?

"Since 2004"

HammerDown
04-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Connie, I didn't realize that was the first year for you two?

"Since 2004"

Yup, the first, and hope not the last. Enjoyed seeing you again and meeting Mel!!!!

justbob
04-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Yup, the first, and hope not the last. Enjoyed seeing you again and meeting Mel!!!!

Same here with us Connie!

"Since 2004"

L.Mark
04-06-2014, 10:48 PM
The only thing I hate about these is the late, late Saturday walk to the room for the last time. The fun is over, well some of it, cause I know the good byes are coming soon...seen some news things and new people this year...always a good thing...loved the tribute, most excellent indeed...

DWSTANG67
04-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Had a great time and it was a great event. Thanks to mike and others for organizing this event

It was great to spend time with my marauder family

After leaving this afternoon out 5 car convey headed east, with some great driving ahead of us we took some gas stops, some rest stops and food stops, also a hike up some stairs but I made it home safely back in jersey

Drewstang
04-07-2014, 04:11 AM
Sorry I missed you guys this year. I had everything that could go wrong went wrong this weekend. I was able to jump out ahead of you guys on Friday afternoon for a bit but my plans to meet at Linnigs were shortly dashed. I'll see you guys next year.

Curless
04-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Final thoughts....let me first say THANK YOU to Mikey for doing a great job again! Its not easy to please a big group of people! It was great meeting all of the newbies and seeing old friends.

We only did one tour this time due to Mer being sick but we had fun at the distillery.

I have some opinions on the hotel, I am going to post them but first I want to state...these opinions are just my observations, I IN NO WAY wish for Mike to take this personal or to think that I don't appreciate all of his hard work this year and over the past years.

Hotel, nice place, been using them for years.....time to move on. The new management and new employees SUCK. From the very get go, trying to schedule, parking arrangements, tv station, not being allowed to be in the lobby (thurs / friday) or outside, just in general they seem like they don't care about the fact that we are bringing them our business for all of these years. I say if they don't recognize loyalty then they don't deserve it.

As last year, I loved my time with you all. Wish we could do it more often!

Curless
04-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Ditto to all the comments posted already. As I said to several people last night and/or this morning, you have to try REAL hard to NOT have fun at Looseville. I'm now smiling on the inside after a great weekend. I'm pretty sure that as I drift off to sleep tonight, I will re-live this weekend over and over and fantasize about the one-legged lesbian kickboxer....;)

LOL! Yes, it has that affect on you doesn't it? :beer:

lji372
04-07-2014, 08:19 AM
And I gave the hotel props for not throwing us out after zack was caught climbing the walls!!

:laugh:

Limited360
04-07-2014, 08:21 AM
And I gave the hotel props for not throwing us out after zack was caught climbing the walls!!

In all fairness.. Seth Rogen's cousin was decent to us!

:banana2:

8UWITH6
04-07-2014, 10:03 AM
In all fairness.. Seth Rogen's cousin was decent to us!

:banana2:

Yeah, he seemed entertained by our shenanigans unlike the other dude. Coming outside with his arms folded to scold us adults ;)

Motorhead350
04-07-2014, 11:32 AM
I have a few thoughts, some only a few can handle, those stay with me and anyone who asks to hear it...

First, Mike, thank you for getting us all together again. I love how in KY we get the choice to do whatever we want. Even if we do not dig a tour, a group of people can go off together, do what they want and see the whole crew after dinner and the rest of the night.

Second, it was great to meet new people to share our love for this car and as usual it was great to see familiar faces.

Third, the weather was nearly perfect on one of the days and it make it that much more enjoyable.

Forth, it was nice that we all thought of Rex. He was a special guy and never ever seemed to be in a bad mood. It would be nice if there were more people like him in this world.

Finally, I cannot wait for the next meet!

On a personal note, I did my best of get over silly grudges over drama and attempted to at least acknowledge other people who would just assume walk by, all but one. Plus, everyone seemed happier than usual. It was a good couple of days, cannot wait for more to follow.

Limited360
04-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Yeah, he seemed entertained by our shenanigans unlike the other dude. Coming outside with his arms folded to scold us adults ;)

I was not impressed by that guy...

'Its a security hazard for cars to be parked there' With that many undercover FBI cars you would think he felt secure!!!

:mad2:

L.Mark
04-07-2014, 01:34 PM

+10...the new management style truly sucks...still miss the couch...:alone:
next time book the rooms in the circumference around the lobby and front entrance so if we do get too loud it won't affect any one but us...

lji372
04-07-2014, 01:37 PM
+10...the new management style truly sucks...still miss the couch...:alone:
next time book the rooms in the circumference around the lobby and front entrance so if we do get too loud it won't affect any one but us...

They are new and just need breaking in is all. We already have them partially trained for next year. The little guy with the black earrings just took the oriental guys place. I really miss black Elvis though, that was one cool clerk :beer:

L.Mark
04-07-2014, 01:53 PM
They are new and just need breaking in is all. We already have them partially trained for next year. The little guy with the black earrings just took the oriental guys place. I really miss black Elvis though, that was one cool clerk :beer:

Now that would have been an awesome time...

justbob
04-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Were lucky they didn't throw us out year one..

"Since 2004"

MM2004
04-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Final thoughts....let me first say THANK YOU to Mikey for doing a great job again! Its not easy to please a big group of people! It was great meeting all of the newbies and seeing old friends.

We only did one tour this time due to Mer being sick but we had fun at the distillery.

I have some opinions on the hotel, I am going to post them but first I want to state...these opinions are just my observations, I IN NO WAY wish for Mike to take this personal or to think that I don't appreciate all of his hard work this year and over the past years.

Hotel, nice place, been using them for years.....time to move on. The new management and new employees SUCK. From the very get go, trying to schedule, parking arrangements, tv station, not being allowed to be in the lobby (thurs / friday) or outside, just in general they seem like they don't care about the fact that we are bringing them our business for all of these years. I say if they don't recognize loyalty then they don't deserve it.

As last year, I loved my time with you all. Wish we could do it more often!

Chris,

New management, new employees. Very new.

The new employees simply are doing what they are told, and will not "bend" due to being so new.

We are all told what to do, and while we have been fortunate enough in the past to basically get away with murder...

The rules were then followed this year, and the hotel and staff suddenly suck.

We were told to not park under the canopy, cars were parked there.

We were told the game wouldn't be put on the flat screen, The game was on before tip-off.

Did I get involved? You damn right I did. And considering what I told the guy at the desk, I should have been evicted. I did apologize after the fact.

In room 403, I heard voices and cars past midnight while in bed Saturday night.

The lobby was louder than a concert, and you guys partied on.

Do they really suck?

:soap: /

Mike.

Marauderman
04-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Thanks Mike for a great event---Although I have never gone yet, Rex had pretty much gotten me and Kathy convinced this year was the year--cause mainly each year we always had something come up as folks do--anyway--Rex and I were gonna make it this year--He had been so many times I couldn't take it anymore from him--LOL--

Some of my friends know that my wife Kathy will be in surgery the 23rd of this month for her back/spine surgery--7-9 hrs--so we had to stay behind for preparations--and of course all know that Rex left us All in Nov.'13. He so loved anything Marauder and the folks associated with it.

After reading all the post so far it chills me to know how nice to hear what a "tribute" was given to Rex. Please someone send me what that entailed.

I would hope if it is in anyway a film or presentation it can be or be prepared for Terry his wife. She would have been there with Rex as everyone knows. It would be something I am sure she would love to see whatever it was that was presented. My thoughts anyway.

I hope we can make it if there is another time--

My hats off to all you crazies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motorhead350
04-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Mike you did great.

The hotel was just fine, but next time we should all pitch in and buy a couch from goodwill for the weekend.

Seriously.

Curless
04-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Chris,

New management, new employees. Very new.

The new employees simply are doing what they are told, and will not "bend" due to being so new.

We are all told what to do, and while we have been fortunate enough in the past to basically get away with murder...

The rules were then followed this year, and the hotel and staff suddenly suck.

We were told to not park under the canopy, cars were parked there.

We were told the game wouldn't be put on the flat screen, The game was on before tip-off.

Did I get involved? You damn right I did. And considering what I told the guy at the desk, I should have been evicted. I did apologize after the fact.

In room 403, I heard voices and cars past midnight while in bed Saturday night.

The lobby was louder than a concert, and you guys partied on.

Do they really suck?

:soap: /

Mike.

Like I said, NO disrespect to you at all Mike, love you long time and love the work you do for us all. :bows:

IMHO, yes, I think the little azz nazi at the desk sucked. Its just my opinion though.

CWright
04-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks Mike for a great event---Although I have never gone yet, Rex had pretty much gotten me and Kathy convinced this year was the year--cause mainly each year we always had something come up as folks do--anyway--Rex and I were gonna make it this year--He had been so many times I couldn't take it anymore from him--LOL--

Some of my friends know that my wife Kathy will be in surgery the 23rd of this month for her back/spine surgery--7-9 hrs--so we had to stay behind for preparations--and of course all know that Rex left us All in Nov.'13. He so loved anything Marauder and the folks associated with it.

After reading all the post so far it chills me to know how nice to hear what a "tribute" was given to Rex. Please someone send me what that entailed.

I would hope if it is in anyway a film or presentation it can be or be prepared for Terry his wife. She would have been there with Rex as everyone knows. It would be something I am sure she would love to see whatever it was that was presented. My thoughts anyway.

I hope we can make it if there is another time--

My hats off to all you crazies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92672

Marauderman
04-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Thanks Chris for that posting--It was so perfect--and the song as well--It was difficult to view in clear eyes for sure--I do miss him more than I thought in so many Marauder ways and as a friend.. I never realized!! WOW!! I will show it to KAthy tomorrow evening----Thanks so MUCH!! Very Well done young Man!!

Bigdogjim
04-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Complaints about this hotel or any for matter should be directed to the Manager & Sales person.

Go ahead ask me someday how I know:)

CWright
04-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Thanks Chris for that posting--It was so perfect--and the song as well--It was difficult to view in clear eyes for sure--I do miss him more than I thought in so many Marauder ways and as a friend.. I never realized!! WOW!! I will show it to KAthy tomorrow evening----Thanks so MUCH!! Very Well done young Man!!

:beer:

jwibbity
04-17-2014, 09:28 AM
for me being a first timer and missing 80% of everything, i still had fun!!

R.I.P. to a great man who sent me my first PM on this site a couple years ago

Hope you guys enjoyed my little burnout when i left with my brother Saturday night :burnout: :burnout:

martyo
04-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Forth, it was nice that we all thought of Rex. He was a special guy and never ever seemed to be in a bad mood. It would be nice if there were more people like him in this world.

Next time letter, rather than number, your paragraphs since you can't spell all the way up tp "Fourth."

:P

Haggis
04-18-2014, 04:15 AM
Next time letter, rather than number, your paragraphs since you can't spell all the way up tp "Fourth."

:P

Said the man who cannot spell “to”. ;)

justbob
04-18-2014, 04:52 AM
Said the man who cannot spell “to”. ;)

Said the man who winked at him. :)

"Since 2004"

Haggis
04-18-2014, 04:58 AM
Said the man who winked at him. :)

"Since 2004"

Jealous big boy?

P71
04-24-2014, 07:57 AM
Mike and Charlotte,
Thanks again for providing us with a SUPERB Louisville Meet! We had a GREAT time!
George and Paula

martyo
04-24-2014, 08:06 AM
I felt like everyone at this gathering was very distant.

whitey
04-24-2014, 11:27 AM
I felt like everyone at this gathering was very distant.
Were you even there?

lji372
04-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Were you even there?

Your quick!

whitey
04-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Your quick!

Lol....i just got it....i feel dumb...

L.Mark
04-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Lol....i just got it....i feel dumb...