I am done.

And cannot do this any longer.

Spent.

:violin:

Mike.

Guittard22
04-06-2014, 05:42 PM
^^^^^^^

Well I hope you stay around ? It's nice to have someone like yourself keep on eye on posts like you have done for the last 3 years I have Been on the site as a member ! Hats off to you !

lji372
04-06-2014, 05:45 PM
E A D

Just sayin

IwantmyMMnow!
04-06-2014, 05:45 PM
I think he means retire for the evening?

Make that, I HOPE he means for the evening....:confused:

whitey
04-06-2014, 05:47 PM
No you're not....this is like a gang Mike, you cant just get out without permission.

L.Mark
04-06-2014, 05:58 PM
From the site? From being a moderator? Not from putting on these events???

BTW, what was the name of the Butterscotch heaven you had???

IwantmyMMnow!
04-06-2014, 06:02 PM
BTW, what was the name of the Butterscotch heaven you had???

Ice Hole....no wait...that's your name....

CWright
04-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I know how I felt after MV11 and I WOULD NOT want to do it again! I commend you for doing it all these years! :beer:

guspech750
04-06-2014, 06:10 PM
:(

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Granddaddy Marq
04-06-2014, 06:23 PM
We'll let you retire after Louisville 10. Other wise we'll just show up at your house next April anyway. Take some time to recoperate, and think it over. Then start planing "The End" "10 And Out"

whitey
04-06-2014, 06:31 PM
heres an idea, like cwright said, do one more year, however, have someone in ky help with next years meet, that way, youre not overwhelmed with everything, and you can share your experience with the guy and he will know what needs to be done for louisville 11 when he takes over.

justbob
04-06-2014, 06:38 PM
We'll let you retire after Louisville 10. Other wise we'll just show up at your house next April anyway. Take some time to recoperate, and think it over. Then start planing "The End" "10 And Out"

This right here Mike.^^^

We discussed this a few times over the weekend Buddy. I know your reasons and they are good ones, but please take some time and give this some thought. I'd like to help however possible.

Just think how close just you and I have come thanks 100% because of Louisville. Now times that by all the others your close to and all the members that grew close to each other. All because of you!

Keep your chin high friend, you've done a hell of a job and created some damn good memories.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.

Buy it, Break it, Build it BETTER.
"Since 2004"

L.Mark
04-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Ice Hole....no wait...that's your name....

That's Mr. Ice Hole to you miss...:P

HammerDown
04-06-2014, 07:35 PM
We'll let you retire after Louisville 10. Other wise we'll just show up at your house next April anyway. Take some time to recouperate, and think it over. Then start planing "The End" "10 And Out"

Now this ^^^^^^ sounds like a plan.......

Drewstang
04-07-2014, 04:17 AM
You aint done til we say you're done.

yjmud
04-07-2014, 05:22 AM
What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Zack
04-07-2014, 06:03 AM
I could plan next years events via the internet from 300 miles away.

Bigdogjim
04-07-2014, 08:47 AM
I could plan next years events via the internet from 300 miles away.

Yes today it can be done from almost any where thank to Google & the web.

Of course "eye's on target" always help:P

Embassy
04-07-2014, 08:49 AM
No one can fault Mike for wanting to bow out, especially while on the heels of another successful meet.

This year was one of my favorites.

MM2004
04-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Planning places to visit at the Louisville Meet is the easy part really.

Executing it, making it work is the most difficult, challenging part in pulling it off successfully.

My personality as being a worrier, obsessive compulsive and striving to outdo myself year after year, beats me down. Badly.

Is it worth it? Yes and no.

Year after year I remain "blessed" that Louisville has grown to where it is today. Yet, not without fears, a little skill and a helluva lot of luck.

As I have told many close friends... My luck is going to run out, and I am on borrowed time.

Louisville is at the top of Regional meets, and as I wish for it to not end, one day it will. And I would much rather end it while on top, versus it ending with things going sideways.

This alone, weighs on me tremendously.

Hence, the title of this thread.

Mike.

Curless
04-07-2014, 09:05 AM
I get it buddy, don't worry Louisville will NOT end....you have connected with us all and we will step up to make it happen. This time, you can sit back and enjoy it like we always do. It will be great for you to be able to just show up and have a great time!

On that note, are there any local (Louisville or surrounding areas) members that want to step in and give it a whirl?

Embassy
04-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Mike, everything you said makes perfect sense. Organizing and pulling off these meets is a challenge, especially when basically being handled by one person.

Several people could reduce the pressure of having one person handle it all.

That said, I'll help out.

Drewstang
04-07-2014, 10:31 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, just tell me what you need me to do and I'll help out.

Motorhead350
04-07-2014, 11:12 AM
A wise man once said to me "Never make a decision when you are angry or tired."

Mike, chill out. Relax, have a drink, you deserve it. The next KY meet is a year a way. Make a sure decision in a few weeks or even a few months. You are highly appreciated by all and perhaps you need reassurance.

You did a great job and made KY great as always. It was one of the best.

L.Mark
04-07-2014, 11:22 AM
I get it buddy, don't worry Louisville will NOT end....you have connected with us all and we will step up to make it happen. This time, you can sit back and enjoy it like we always do. It will be great for you to be able to just show up and have a great time!

On that note, are there any local (Louisville or surrounding areas) members that want to step in and give it a whirl?

I agree with Chris in that in some form the Louisville Meet won't end...stay tuned...

L.Mark
04-07-2014, 11:27 AM
And Mike, even though we don't want you to step down, we can understand you reasons...you do what is best for you. We've been to two now and they went off without a hitch, from our aspect anyways, with this one being better than last year and so forth...Maybe instead of completely stepping away try a co-partner to help carry the load...We'll give you a hard hat and bull horn to bark orders...:D

Zack
04-07-2014, 11:35 AM
The only thing that needs to be done is lock a group rate at the hampton.
The rest can and will fall into place on its own, with no prior planning.

L.Mark
04-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Mike, everything you said makes perfect sense. Organizing and pulling off these meets is a challenge, especially when basically being handled by one person.

Several people could reduce the pressure of having one person handle it all.

That said, I'll help out.

You got three servants to help out... TJ and myself will gladly help however possible...

guspech750
04-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Yeah Mike. Let us help you. Sit back in the pack, relax and enjoy the ride. Let someone else take over as lead car the entire weekend. Let some of us worry about events.

You just take care of the hotel.

That will greatly reduce the burden.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Haggis
04-08-2014, 05:31 AM
Mike I could never fill your shoes, but the wife wants to move to Kentucky so bad that one year soon we will be neighbors. That being said we would be more then glad to help you. I will be your padawan, teach me oh master.

Drewstang
04-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Bam, there's 4 willing to help. You are not getting out of this that easy.....

L.Mark
04-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Many people willing to pitch in and help you out...and the bonus if something does go sideways you can always take one of us out back and spank us...hard...