PDA

View Full Version : Window Switch replacement

Hamrtym
04-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Hello folks,
Has anyone tried replacing their window switches (or just the main, driver's door panel switch) with later model Crown Vic, Town Car switches? The later models have more of a flush mounted switch to them. I'm not sure if Ford kept or changed the wire harnesses that plug into the switch panel. Wish I could just buy a bunch of different switch panels and throw out the failures to fit, but my money tree isn't growing worth shinola at the moment.

Thank you for your time,
Rob

fastblackmerc
04-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Hello folks,
Has anyone tried replacing their window switches (or just the main, driver's door panel switch) with later model Crown Vic, Town Car switches? The later models have more of a flush mounted switch to them. I'm not sure if Ford kept or changed the wire harnesses that plug into the switch panel. Wish I could just buy a bunch of different switch panels and throw out the failures to fit, but my money tree isn't growing worth shinola at the moment.

Thank you for your time,
Rob

Recycle yard is your friend. Take your panel with you to match whatever switches you find.

larryo340
04-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Hello folks,

Thank you for your time,
Rob

The switch and harness connectors are different starting with the '09 Crown Vic. It's not a plug-and-play type mod. Someone did it over at CVN.net. I would check over there for a thread.

jsignorelli
04-08-2014, 06:29 PM
I had the window switch on the passenger door go bad two years ago. Ford doesn't stock "old" parts. I have a 2004, and two years ago was only eight years since the model year. I got creative with Mustang switches and replaced them on all four doors.

Ford is really making it harder to continue to buy American. My neighbor can still get parts for his 1999 Honda Accord from his dealer.