PDA

View Full Version : FM Interference driving me nutz !!

larryo340
04-21-2014, 08:00 AM
In my Marauder I have the Escape audiophile radio and I find when using either the power outlet or lighter outlet charger for my iphone I get alot of interference on FM. Don't know about AM since I don't really listen to it or have checked it. When the charger is not plugged in the radio has great reception, and I've tried it with different chargers with no change.

When I bought the car I didn't have the original radio in the car for too long before it had to be replaced, and I don't recall if it had the same issue or not.

.......any thoughts or similar experiences ?

jwibbity
04-21-2014, 08:02 AM
dont know if it helps but i get pretty bad interference when I'm using my aux cord with the phone charging in the car, once the music starts it goes away but if i have to pause it for any reason its there and annoying

fastblackmerc
04-21-2014, 08:17 AM
In my Marauder I have the Escape audiophile radio and I find when using either the power outlet or lighter outlet charger for my iphone I get alot of interference on FM. Don't know about AM since I don't really listen to it or have checked it. When the charger is not plugged in the radio has great reception, and I've tried it with different chargers with no change.

When I bought the car I didn't have the original radio in the car for too long before it had to be replaced, and I don't recall if it had the same issue or not.

.......any thoughts or similar experiences ?

Check all the grounds in the engine compartment. They should be clean and tight. Make sure there is a ground to the hood.