PDA

View Full Version : Another window issue...what's your diagnosis?

IwantmyMMnow!
04-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Shortly before MV 11, my front passenger window quit working when using the switch on the master control panel, but it would work using the switch on the passenger door. I put the issue on the back burner as fall/winter was approaching.

Fast forward to today...I went out to my MM late this morning to roll the windows down and out of habit I pushed both buttons for the front windows; to my astonishment, the front passenger window rolled down. After I checked to see if it would roll up (which it did), I thought whatever the problem was had been magically fixed. I tried to roll it down again...nothing.

Throughout the day, I tried the switch and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. I can hear the motor trying to roll the window down but it won't move...I don't recall hearing any type of noise when it first stopped working last September. When using the switch on the passenger door, it works just fine w/o any issues.

I had been thinking since last September that I would need to get a new master control panel, but now I have no idea.

What say you?

lji372
04-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Abracadabra!!!!!!!

martyo
04-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Switch the switch because it's being a bee hitch

whitey
04-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Clean the switch, its easy, if it works, great, if not try slamming the passenger door closed while holding the switch button down...my passenger window sometimes doesn't work, and that fixes it. Had it happen 3-4 times in 4 years, and blackened300a said to try it. I assume my issue is with the motor locking up and a nice jolt will free it up again.

L.Mark
04-26-2014, 08:58 PM
If you can hear the motor trying to roll the window down wouldn't it be the plastic eggs inside the motor...I had that happen to my LSC...worked fine until that one time the window went down and inch only while the motor still ran. I got it back up, took the motor out and apart and found the eggs inside were pieces...