PDA

View Full Version : unlock switch issue

crownvic05
04-28-2014, 04:18 PM
So all of sudden like a week ago my car has been having issues with the lock unlock. Happens that I am able to lock the car with the key pad aswell with the switch both driver side and passenger side. Problem is that im unable to unlock from the both the switches. Also when I hit my lock buttton on my after keyless entry/remote start system, it will activate the alarm but wont lock my doors. But it will unlock it.

Am I dealing with a bad lock/unlock switch?

Also forgot to mention that if I play a lot with the switch and press hard on the unlock button, it will unlock every once in a while.

So, switch?

Ok just went to my car and unlocked and then locked the car with the remote. Then tried it again like 5 times and it didnt lock so im ruleing out the alarm/remote. Its something with the switch or switches. What im kinda questionning is how both switches driver and passenger side will stop working at the same time. They both lock but wont unlock unless I play with it.

Also want to say that the keyless entry keypad is working fine. I am able to lock, unlock and open trunk. Don't know if this helps but just thought it about.

crownvic05
04-30-2014, 09:16 AM
41 views and nothing? Just ordered a master lock/unlock switch. Hope this solves the issue.

fastblackmerc
04-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Most likely the switch(s) have dirty contacts. You can take them apart and clean the contacts but I'd just replace them as they aren't that expensive.

crownvic05
05-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Most likely the switch(s) have dirty contacts. You can take them apart and clean the contacts but I'd just replace them as they aren't that expensive.

ok so just removed noth driver side and passenger side switch from car. Took them apart and cleaned them. They were pretty ugly but I did a great job of cleaning everything especially the contacts. Installed back in car and issue is still there.

Any other thoughts?

fastblackmerc
05-01-2014, 07:05 AM
ok so just removed noth driver side and passenger side switch from car. Took them apart and cleaned them. They were pretty ugly but I did a great job of cleaning everything especially the contacts. Installed back in car and issue is still there.

Any other thoughts?

Check the connections at the actuators.

stevengerard
05-01-2014, 07:58 AM
I just went a head and replaced mine. Some on here have said that sometimes the drivers master switch doesn't work and the problem was actually the passenger door switch.

crownvic05
05-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Cant the passenger and driver switch be switched? I tried it and the same issue is present. I took the passenger lock switch hooked it up on the driver side and the driver side hooked it up to the passenger side and same thing happened.

crownvic05
05-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Ok, so I was cleaning my car inside and noticed something. When I hax the lights on, I realized that the door lock switches for both front doors, the lighting is very very dim. While the other switches(windows) are very nice and bright. Just thought id post this as it might help solve my issue. I also ordered a new oem master lock switch and will receive it tomorrow. Was I suppose to also get the passenger side lock switch?

fastblackmerc
05-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Ok, so I was cleaning my car inside and noticed something. When I hax the lights on, I realized that the door lock switches for both front doors, the lighting is very very dim. While the other switches(windows) are very nice and bright. Just thought id post this as it might help solve my issue. I also ordered a new oem master lock switch and will receive it tomorrow. Was I suppose to also get the passenger side lock switch?

I would have... Only a few bucks more.

crownvic05
05-05-2014, 03:25 PM
So replaced the master lock switch and nothing changed. $40 bucks down the drain.
What next to look into?

RF Overlord
05-06-2014, 07:53 AM
I'm lost.

Your first post said you can't UNlock the car with the switch, and can't LOCK the car with the aftermarket RKE fob. Then you say the lights on the lock/unlock switch are dim. You replaced the switches and......still have dim lights or still have the lock/unlock problem or both?

Since the manual switch has one issue and the RKE fob has the opposite, I would think the actuators are good and that it's a wiring issue or fault with the aftermarket RKE system. Try disconnecting it.

crownvic05
05-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Keyless keypad-works great. able to lock and unlock and open trunk.

driver side and passenger side lock switch-able to lock but not unlock and also lights are very dim. Also, will unlock if I keep pushing the button for a while. Got to play with it though for it to unlock.

aftermarket alarm remote(Audiovox APS-997C)-able to arm and unarm alarm. Remote start works great. Able to unlock but wont lock door.

Cleaned all contacts extreamly well. replaced master door lock switch with new OEM.

crownvic05
05-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Heads up. Took the car to the shop that installed the alarm. Happen ls that the issue is the brain of the alarm. The lock unlock out put was died. So they bypassed that part and added to relays. Problem solved and working great. A new brain was ordered at no charge and will be installed in a few days.