PDA

View Full Version : Dragway-42 season open Apr 9th

CRUZTAKER
04-08-2004, 10:55 AM
"We will be trying to open on Wednesday, April 7th, and Friday, April 9th. Both days will be Test and Tune. Gates open at 5:30, and Test and Tune will run from 6 until 10:30 or 11."

It's that time gain! Spring is coming and snow expected Easter Sunday.
I think I may go and do a few runs friday night, and check the times with all the work I have done over the winter.

Go to http://www.dragway42.com/ for instructions and info.

BlackHole
04-09-2004, 07:28 PM
I'll be there tomorrow morning cooler temps could see 14.'s with it not going over 50 degrees :P :P

CRUZTAKER
04-09-2004, 07:51 PM
This place is real blast, and so far extremely uncrowded. Only 150 cars or so tonight so there was little waiting. The only bad part, as I overheard other locals saying that the track was 'green'. Apparently it was recently resurfaced and traction was horrible. Every run I did I spun the tires easily 20' down the track and again shifting into 2nd.

Track temps were 57 degrees and otherwise, it was a good time. I stayed in the street tire lanes and ate everyone I paired up with. This included several GT's and camaros, and one 5.0 with a huge hood scoop and slicks.

Overall, I am pleased, but with traction I know I do better. My evening average was a consistant 14.04 and my best of the evening was as follows:

r/t: .402

60ft. 2.168

1/4 13.992

mph: 100.71

UPDATED SCHEDULE:

Every Tuesday* - Test and Tune

Every Wednesday* - Trophy Night - Street Trophy, Anything Goes Trophy, Trophy Bike, and Lowbuck Eliminator

Every Friday* - Test and Tune plus Outlaw Street Bike Quick 8

Saturday* - Summit Super Series - Quick 16, Super Pro, Pro, Pro Bike, and Street Trophy

Sunday* - Jr. Dragsters plus Super Pro/Pro NoBox Combo and Street Trophy

*Except for special events, check schedule or call to confirm - 419-853-4242

martyo
04-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Very nice Barry! :up: