PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle Itineraries

N40GL
05-20-2014, 10:05 AM
I've been trying to keep track of the various ancillary events surrounding Carlisle this year, and (frankly) I'm getting a little lost. It's a bit tough to track the picnics, microbreweries and so forth that people are suggesting.

Can someone in command of all this PLEASE post a day-to-day (or -night) list of stuff? I'm not even sure I know everything that's going on!

Mr. Man
05-20-2014, 10:45 AM
There is no one in "command". I vote for NG40L for Commander :D

jsignorelli
05-20-2014, 11:13 AM
All that matters is that you have a fun time.

My Carlisle packet arrived today in the mail. It must be close.......

Ms. Denmark
05-20-2014, 12:24 PM

Bigdogjim
05-20-2014, 03:06 PM
We are flying buy the seat of our pants and have no control what so ever:lol:

Hope that's helps:)

Bluerauder
05-20-2014, 05:19 PM
I've been trying to keep track of the various ancillary events surrounding Carlisle this year, and (frankly) I'm getting a little lost. It's a bit tough to track the picnics, microbreweries and so forth that people are suggesting.

Can someone in command of all this PLEASE post a day-to-day (or -night) list of stuff? I'm not even sure I know everything that's going on!

Mark --- there is a lot to see and do at Carlisle even if you plan to be there for the full 3 days. You will have to be somewhat flexible and "play it by ear" since I think everyone's itinerary varies depending on their particular tastes and interests. You can do and see as much or a little as you like. You may have to adjust your plans as needed for the weather. Rain has visited Carlisle at least one day during every one that I have attended.

Below is a Sample Itinerary based on my experience(s) over the past 6 years. I try to see as much as possible and mix it up with MM.Net events and socializing up on the hill. The Itinerary works for me; but most times and durations are approximate and flexible. I arrive at Carlisle about 11 AM on Friday.

Friday, 6 June 2014

7:00 AM – Carlisle Showfield Gates Open

11:00 AM – Arrive at Showfield, Clean and prep car. Initial meet & greet socialization

12:00 Noon – Visit the Food Court for Lunch. Vendors under the Grandstand/Building Z (Collectibles and other merchandise).

1:00 PM – Visit Building T (All Female owned/operated cars) and Building Y (Special Edition cars) displays. Stop in the Carlisle Store.

2:00 PM – Visit the Car Corral and check out the approximately 250 cars for sale

3:00 PM – Socialize on Marauder Mountain

4:00 PM – Socialize and browse the Blue Showfield cars

4:00 PM – (Optional) Visit to the Expo Center for the Ford Ride and Drive experience.

5:00 PM – Head back to the hotel and Check In (time dependent on weather)

6:00 PM – Shower, hit the pool/hottub (time permitting), change clothes

7:30 PM – Dinner at The Glass Lounge, 4745 N Front St, Harrisburg, PA 17110. Website >>>> http://www.theglasslounge.net/menu.html

Saturday, 7 June 2014

7:00 AM – Breakfast at Hotel, Gates Open @ 7 AM

8:00 AM – Arrive at Showfield, Clean and prep cars.

9:00 AM – Check Out the Yellow Showfield and get pics from Grandstand

10:00 AM – Check out the Red Showfield, 50 Years of Mustangs Tent Area, and the Ford Vendor Midway

11:00 AM – Fire up the grills (Time approximate). Potluck MM.Net Picnic/BBQ at the tent

12:00 Noon -- Potluck MM.Net Picnic/BBQ at the tent. Socialize and Clean-Up

1:00 PM -- Car show balloting/In-Voting on Marauder Mountain. Multiple MM.Net classes

2:00 PM – Turn-in MM.Net ballots and Tally votes. Socialize on the hill.

2:00 PM -- Carlisle Events voting in Blue Showfield area (Vote for your favorites in the Carlisle Show Classes). Limited to Blue classes if you are registered in the Blue Showfield. You will have different sheets if you are registered in Yellow and Red showfields.

3:00 PM – MM.Net trophies and awards presentation at the tent (Approximate time)

4:00 PM – Ms. Carlisle Bikini Contest at the Grandstand area. Turn in Carlisle ballots/voting sheet (for the cars ... not the bikinis :P).

5:00 PM – Burnout Contest at the Grandstand area. Back to hotel, shower, hit the pool if time permits, and change clothes

6:00 PM – (Optional) Street Parade Line-Up time. Parade through town of Carlisle at 6:45 PM.

7:30 PM – Dinner at Lancaster Brewing Company, 469 Eisenhower Blvd. Harrisburg, PA. Website >>>>> www.lbcharrisburg.com

Sunday, 8 June 2014

7:00 AM – Breakfast at Hotel, Check Out, Gates Open @ 7 AM

8:00 AM – Arrive at the Showfield. Visit Building G (110 Years/110 Cars display) and Outside Vendor areas (i.e. parts, tools, toys, diecasts, models, collectibles, everything under the sun)

9:00 AM -- Carlisle Show Class Award Winners list posted near Grandstand registration

10:00 AM – Socialize at MM.Net tent area

11:00 AM – Visit displays missed so far or “Go Backs”

12:00 Noon -- Wander the showfields and displays. Take lots of pics.

1:00 PM – Carlisle Awards/Winners Parade. Wrap up and good-byes with folks that show up on Sunday (about half of Saturday’s peak attendance based on past experience)

2:00 PM -- Depart for home.

N40GL
05-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks, Charlie. That's exactly what I needed.

I'll bring my EZ-UP to the show field, and a cooler of Land Shark Ale (is this a good enough contribution to the pot luck, or should I plan to get a bunch o'pizza delivered?), to be refilled periodically over the weekend (yes, I'll be the 'refiller').

I do NOT plan to enter the Bikini contest, for which you all should be grateful.

I'm driving up Thursday. Is anyone else coming in that early? (It's been quite a few years since I went to Carlisle).

Ms. Denmark
05-21-2014, 08:48 AM

N40GL
05-21-2014, 08:54 AM
Okay - no pizza. I can get a big pack of hot dogs at Costco and toss them in the cooler, and if they don't get eaten I'll just take them home.

Bigdogjim
05-21-2014, 12:37 PM
How big is your cooler?^^^

Mr. Man
05-21-2014, 12:55 PM
How big is your cooler?^^^:eek: :eek: :eek:

DWSTANG67
05-21-2014, 02:15 PM
How big is your cooler?^^^

Sounds like a personnel question :lol:

N40GL
05-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Let me put it this way.....

They've never found the bodies.

Bigdogjim
05-22-2014, 07:24 AM
^^OK close channel "D"....

MM03MOK
05-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the itinerary, Charlie! Big help to know in planning my schedule! Looks like we'll drive down on Thursday. I'm in for two for all events!! :woohoo: