PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up an Audiophile CD6, quick question...

secretservice
05-22-2014, 04:06 PM
I have searched and searched to no avail. I just bought an Escape Audiophile CD6 unit on the 'bay since my stocker has lost FM reception. I currently have an Onyx unit for Sirius XM. My question is that since the Audiophile has a sat capability, will I be able to just run satellite through the head unit or do I need to keep the add on stuff mounted up on the dash to play through an FM modulator? It would be nice to ditch the magnetic antenna and wires for antenna and cigar outlet power. My wife told me that you should be able to hit the sat button and go to channel 0 or 184 and it should give me an ID number for sat radio. Will this work? Thanks to any with some info.

fastblackmerc
05-22-2014, 04:13 PM
I have searched and searched to no avail. I just bought an Escape Audiophile CD6 unit on the 'bay since my stocker has lost FM reception. I currently have an Onyx unit for Sirius XM. My question is that since the Audiophile has a sat capability, will I be able to just run satellite through the head unit or do I need to keep the add on stuff mounted up on the dash to play through an FM modulator? It would be nice to ditch the magnetic antenna and wires for antenna and cigar outlet power. My wife told me that you should be able to hit the sat button and go to channel 0 or 184 and it should give me an ID number for sat radio. Will this work? Thanks to any with some info.

Does the Escape radio have an antenna connection for a SAT antenna?

secretservice
05-22-2014, 04:42 PM
I have a picture of the back of it from the eBay listing and it looks exactly like my stock unit. 3 connectors and a regular antenna port. Here is the listing... It's ended obviously because I've bought it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111356738907

secretservice
05-22-2014, 04:46 PM
And thanks to whoever moved my thread to the proper forum. :beer:

secretservice
05-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Ok. I think I have found my answer. Finally. From what I understand I have to buy stuff to make sat work through the head unit only...

Unless you buy the related parts from Ford, you will not get the built-in satellite radio to work.

If you buy the axillary unit you will need to get a satellite radio that had RCA outputs so you can hear the satellite radio thru the headunit, however, there will be no way to control the satellite radio other than volume.

If you need more info, PM me for my cell#.

RoyLPita
06-13-2014, 09:33 AM
I have the kit that works for the Audiophile radio. PM me.