PDA

View Full Version : Another 14 second stock MM

BlackHole
04-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Just got back from Dragway 42 and done an all time best of 14.976 @ 94.80 MPH. About 4 other ultra low 15 second runs. Then the tempeture went past 55 degrees and I went slower and slower after 2:30 PM with my worst being a 15.639 @ 93 mph. So am I the first stock 14 second MM from Ohio or does someone else have this honor. I'll even drive up to Barry's and he can validify my claim. And C&D your Accord is still slow. :lol: :lol: :banana:

CRUZTAKER
04-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it today. Gage and I went easter egg hunting and had a blast.

I may be there next week if the car is back from the body shop. Spoiler re-locate is tuesday...finally.

We're gonna bring the Audi S-4 as well. If that car can't get traction, we're all screwed.:P

Smokie
04-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Congratulations on your sub 15 run and I am sure more to come. A suggestion that might help you keep all your runs under 15.
After your early runs park your car, open the hood and let it cool down, try to avoid ( if possible ) long periods in line idling waiting to run.
I ran recently in temps that started around 68* and ended up around 75* My fastest run was at 75* after I had a lunch break and let my car sit with hood open for about 45 minutes, the temp was at is warmest but my car was nice and cool.
Again congratulations and keep representing.:up:

BlackHole
04-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Congratulations on your sub 15 run and I am sure more to come. A suggestion that might help you keep all your runs under 15.
After your early runs park your car, open the hood and let it cool down, try to avoid ( if possible ) long periods in line idling waiting to run.
I ran recently in temps that started around 68* and ended up around 75* My fastest run was at 75* after I had a lunch break and let my car sit with hood open for about 45 minutes, the temp was at is warmest but my car was nice and cool.
Again congratulations and keep representing.:up:

Sorry I should add that thats what I did for this run turned the nose in the wind and let it sit for about 30 minutes with the hood up. But what was sad that in the other lane was a 1965 S55 Montery in the other lane but he couldn't continue. Now how neat would be that the old vs. new Mercury muscle. :beer: And thanks Now I just wonder if my Chip/Gears/ and Throttle body could push me to a 13 second pass.

Smokie
04-10-2004, 03:10 PM
And thanks Now I just wonder if my Chip/Gears/ and Throttle body could push me to a 13 second pass.
I would say that with good air and hook-up a 13.9 is possible, Carfixer ran 14.2 in 75*/75%. The MM. does love cool air, it is possible. :rock:

sailsmen
04-10-2004, 04:49 PM
Sweet! 14's in this big car is fast.

TAF
04-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Nicely done! :up:

You weekend 1/4 milers need to start adding times here http://www.dragtimes.com/index.php the only times listed for the Marauder are from Motor Trend and 1 other at 15.51 @ 96.1 MPH.

The site is also a good place to put in perspective what these 12 second times the S/C folks (and of course Lidio's 11 second times) really mean against cars costing a BUNCH more money...

TripleTransAm
04-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Another one joins the club...

C&D, we're coming for youse guys...

Congrats!

jgc61sr2002
04-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Nice job. Good run. Congrats :up:

junehhan
04-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Just got back from Dragway 42 and done an all time best of 14.976 @ 94.80 MPH. About 4 other ultra low 15 second runs. Then the tempeture went past 55 degrees and I went slower and slower after 2:30 PM with my worst being a 15.639 @ 93 mph. So am I the first stock 14 second MM from Ohio or does someone else have this honor. I'll even drive up to Barry's and he can validify my claim. And C&D your Accord is still slow. :lol: :lol: :banana:

Congradulations Blackhole! Nice to see another Marauder enter the 14 second club for cars that are still stock. Out of curiosity, how many miles do you have, and what launch technique did you use for your fastest run? I may try going to Dragway 42 since the crowds at Edgewater are just getting insane.

BlackHole
04-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Congradulations Blackhole! Nice to see another Marauder enter the 14 second club for cars that are still stock. Out of curiosity, how many miles do you have, and what launch technique did you use for your fastest run? I may try going to Dragway 42 since the crowds at Edgewater are just getting insane.

Basicly a 1000 to 1200 RPM launch and then go!!!!!!!!! Had about 12,600 miles
Plus I folded in the mirrors hey its good for almost a tenth for the Lightnings can't hurt us either.

CRUZTAKER
04-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Plus I folded in the mirrors hey its good for almost a tenth for the Lightnings can't hurt us either.
I was doing this too!

Only difference is I launch from a 900 rpm idle. I still haven't quite perfected the launch aside from leaving alot of rubber.:P

TripleTransAm
04-12-2004, 07:12 PM

Holy smokes! :eek: Now THAT's an interesting little tidbit... I never thought of that!

I'm definitely keeping this in mind next time I decide to travel down 1320 feet of pavement in a sanctioned location for acceleration evaluation in under 15 seconds. :up:

junehhan
04-12-2004, 09:25 PM
That's a good thing to know, because I totally forgot about the drag that is caused by the mirrors! When you launch at 1000-1200rpms, do you get massive wheelspin, or are you getting good traction at the US42 Dragway?

BlackHole
04-12-2004, 09:42 PM
I was spinning for the first 15 ft then bite and gone. :burnout:

TAF
04-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Good suggestion...I guess.

Marty says he ALWAYS goes to the bathroom before each run. Of course...I told him it might work better to do it OUTSIDE of the car...

martyo
04-13-2004, 04:08 AM

Marty says he ALWAYS goes to the bathroom before each run. Of course...I told him it might work better to do it OUTSIDE of the car...

Todd: Just out of curiosity, where are those sub 14 second timeslips for that "Grand Touring" car of yours??

:shake:

junehhan
04-13-2004, 10:17 AM

Well, hey everyone ounce helps, right? I find it funny how you two go back and forth........ :)