PDA

View Full Version : New Marauder Owner

Black Merc
04-12-2004, 09:06 PM
My car was built 6/02/02 is what my window sticker says and has been sitting on the lot in marshall TX. until monday 4/05/04. Its new and sure drives like a dream. I do have a question about my insurance carrier calls it a Grand Marquis and not a marauder. Do you think this will make any difference if a accident occurs and the insurance has the car listed as a Grand Marquis? I do like the car and get plenty of heads turn my direction as I drive by. Just would like to say hi to everyone. :)

TAF
04-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Welcome aboard. Mine was built on the same day as yours. It was a Monday and one of the first full days of production according to Steve Babcock.

Look around here...lots to learn and enjoy. :up:

Bigdogjim
04-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi and welcome!

As for the insurance your company should pick up from the vin# that it is a Marauder?

When i called in about mine they knew right away.

Good luck

Sactown
04-12-2004, 11:14 PM
My car was built 6/02/02 is what my window sticker says and has been sitting on the lot in marshall TX. until monday 4/05/04. Its new and sure drives like a dream. I do have a question about my insurance carrier calls it a Grand Marquis and not a marauder. Do you think this will make any difference if a accident occurs and the insurance has the car listed as a Grand Marquis? I do like the car and get plenty of heads turn my direction as I drive by. Just would like to say hi to everyone. :)
WELCOME! Glad to have you aboard. Enjoy the new car. My insurance co. had no confusion between a GM and a Marauder.

hitchhiker
04-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Welcome BlackMerc!

Great group of Marauder fans here!

Best Regards,

David

TripleTransAm
04-13-2004, 07:04 AM
I do have a question about my insurance carrier calls it a Grand Marquis and not a marauder.

Oh oh... looks like you got screwed. Looks like your dealer took a regular Grand Marquis and changed it to look like a Marauder!!!!

Just kidding... my insurance guy gave me a quote for a Grand Marquis when I gave him the VIN over the phone. HOWEVER... when it came time to sign, all of a sudden, they mysteriously discovered what a Marauder was. :fire: $$

Seems like folks are willing to call the '03 a Grand Marquis or a Marauder depending on what's most profitable to them! :lol:

RoyLPita
04-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Welcome aboard Black Merc. I've seen dates on the price stickers but, they are usually off. I can run your VIN for the real "born on" date and give you any history that could have occured while on the lot.

Macon Marauder
04-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Howdy and welcome! I'm sure the insurance will be fine. My agent had no idea when I bought a black '03 about 18 months ago. Like yours, some of the paper work referred to it as a GM. But he figured it out in time to slap the performance surcharge on the premium!

Wow! Hard to belive there are still '03s on the lots...

67435animal
04-13-2004, 09:48 AM

Welcome. Mine is a July 22, 2002 built car. My insurance company knew immediately that mine was an MM. As long as they can decode the VIN, they know yours is an MM.

Bob

Ross
04-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the family! Are you in Marshall?

jgc61sr2002
04-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Black Merc - Welcome to the site. :up: As far as your ins. carrier, if they call it a GM the the rates will be lower. Most sheet metal parts are interchangeable with the GM. so I don't think there will be a problem.

Redster
04-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Congratulations.. welcome
You'll have to make it over to the metroplex sometime and join us at a get-together.

lgetz
04-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Congratulations Black Merc. Just curious as to what you paid for the beast.

sailsmen
04-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Although the terms of the individual policy will be what determines I can say in 24 years in the insurance business I have never seen or heard of an auto insurance policy that would be negatively impacted by a Grand Marquis code versus a Marauder code on a 2003 year model car.

But there is always the possibility. Just write a note saying per our telecon it's a Marauder with VIN #XYZ.

drobin
04-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Black Merc, welcome to the club of proud Marauder owners and hope you soak up a world of knowledge about our great autos.

Donald
"drobin"

Rollin'Thunder
04-13-2004, 08:09 PM
BLACK MERC, Welcome to the site. Congratulations on your purchase! :bounce: Enjoy the new ride! It only gets better! Like Rodster said, come on over to the Metroplex and join us for one of our get-togethers. :up:

mrjones
04-13-2004, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Black Merc]My car was built 6/02/02 is what my window sticker says and has been sitting on the lot in marshall TX. until monday 4/05/04. Its new and sure drives like a dream. QUOTE]

Well, dagnab it!! I thought I was going to hold the record for a while for the biggest difference between the born-on and the brought-home date. Mine was built 06/02, and I brought it home in Jan 28, 04, new. I sure didn't know there was one in Marshall. I went all the way to Athens, TN to get mine, but I feel like I got a great deal on the car.

Congrats - you're gonna love it!

Wow, I just noticed something. Theres a difference of about 250 between our member numbers. That's a lot of growth in less than 3 mos.

Black Merc
04-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Yes I live at Linden TX. just 42mi. north of Marshall. My sticker price was 35,824.00 and purchased the car for 24,000.00 even. Would like to meet more marauder owners and intend to come to a club get together sometime soon. Here is my VIN# if you have any information about my car.VIN#2MEHM75V83X :up:

Ross
04-14-2004, 06:51 AM
I think that Muslhed on this site lives in Marshall. Check him out. Also, just north of Marshall there is a Marauder owned by a guy who owns a body shop and who works part time as a drug enforcement agent for the district attorney in Marshall. His car is tricked out with all kinds of stealth police lighting. I travel to Marshall and Longview occassionally on business.

mrjones
04-14-2004, 08:10 PM
I think that Muslhed on this site lives in Marshall.

I thing Jeremy lives in Longview, doesn't he? He headed that way when we left the track at Hallsville.

I travel to Marshall and Longview occassionally on business.

You should stop by and holler at me next time you come through Lufkin!