PDA

View Full Version : EATC fixed only w/ dielectric grease - how long will it last?

jwernatl
06-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Hey guys I just got my '04 Silver Marauder last Thursday and man, I got snookered really bad on so many things! (another story for another day)

One of the things that were not represented- the a/c only blew out of the defrost. After doing the research here, I went up to auto zone looking for the o - rings. The ones I got were not the correct size, but, of course I had taken the unit out of the dashboard before i realized this. I'm going to order the correct 007's this week.

But, since i had everything out and apart, I went ahead and disassembled all of the pistons and applied dielectric grease to all four of the o-rings. And, immediately put it back together with the original orings only adding the grease.

After reassembling the unit and the dashboard, I gave the a/c a try and it worked great! It worked terrific as it did the day it drove of the show room floor.

How long do you guys think this will last??

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

fastblackmerc
06-15-2014, 04:49 PM
It will stop working shortly.

Granddaddy Marq
06-15-2014, 05:33 PM
PM me your address and I'll send you some O-rings. I've got some extras.

jwernatl
06-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Granddaddy - I sent you a pm - thank you. I will swap them out asap. believe me it's 90 degreed + this week.

And yep it only lasted about 4 minutes but, I must admit, it was a cool 3.5 minutes.

Granddaddy Marq
06-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Dropped them in the mail late today. Be there soon.