Prices seem reasonable.

Spectragod
06-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Good if you want Tiawan junk, or you could just fix you factory switch for -$0-

fastblackmerc
06-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Good if you want Tiawan junk, or you could just fix you factory switch for -$0-

And if that doesn't work?

Sourced directly from the manufacturer, identical in appearance and function to your stock switch, and is the complete unit you need including buttons, circuit board, plug ins, etc."

Includes a free lifetime warranty.

I suppose even the OEM switches are junk since they are made in Taiwan also.

myrodr
06-16-2014, 09:29 AM
$85 one is ford if you go $22 you get what you pay for!

fastblackmerc
06-16-2014, 09:31 AM
$85 one is ford if you go $22 you get what you pay for!

Exactly..... that is always the case.

jsignorelli
06-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Why wouldn't the switches be made in the same country as the LCM and the radio?

I replaced mine (American made) at the local NAPA store. He has a supplier who speaks English, not Cantoneze.

Spectragod
06-16-2014, 03:04 PM
And if that doesn't work?

Sourced directly from the manufacturer, identical in appearance and function to your stock switch, and is the complete unit you need including buttons, circuit board, plug ins, etc."

Includes a free lifetime warranty.

I suppose even the OEM switches are junk since they are made in Taiwan also.

Then buy an OEM product???

Who's lifetime, the customer's or the vendor's?

Based on your logic, I should have bought my IDS from one of the many reproduced Taiwan made units as they look the same and they both have parts inside them, and the junker is only $400 as opposed to $1400.

Uhhmm ok sure.......:shake:

champ1173
06-16-2014, 03:40 PM
I paid $17.99 for mine, and I just put it in, after reading this thread. I've had it since before Louisville. I'm almost certain, it wasn't made anywhere near, the United States. I'm just happy all my buttons light up now.:)

champ1173
06-16-2014, 06:32 PM
I retract my last statement. The lights are different, and don't match.

Spectragod
06-16-2014, 06:34 PM
I retract my last statement. The lights are different, and don't match.

But it was cheap......

chief455
06-20-2014, 05:58 PM
But it was cheap......
I bought an ebay switch.
my buttons don't light, and if I start the car with the door open, then close the door - the driver window goes express down by itself and will not go up.
So I got a regulator that I probably needed anyway, and putting my old switch back in.

handmouth
06-22-2014, 09:25 PM
So, all my windows work except my driver side window. Does that mean the switch is bad?
If the fuse was blown then none of the windows would work correct?
I'm new to this kind of car so my questions are a bit remedial.

fastblackmerc
06-23-2014, 04:30 AM
So, all my windows work except my driver side window. Does that mean the switch is bad?
If the fuse was blown then none of the windows would work correct?
I'm new to this kind of car so my questions are a bit remedial.

Could be the switch, wiring or the window motor itself.

fastblackmerc
06-23-2014, 04:34 AM
With the interior lights on try the switch. If the lights dim then it's probably the window motor. Try operating the switch while hitting the inside lower middle of the door panel. That sometimes will free up the motor.

handmouth
06-23-2014, 07:33 PM
lights kind of flicker a bit, but they do that when I operate the other windows that work. I thumped on the door a bit while pressing the button and nothing. I'm guessing the switch is bad. use to have this problem with my mom's porsche 924s. I would pull the switch and clean the contacts on it and like magic it worked.

Bummer part is I have only had the car for less then a month. Oh, well what better way to get to know it then start taking it apart. Just hate hearing the trash talk from the old man about how I should have bought a toyota. lol

chief455
06-23-2014, 09:26 PM
I bought an ebay switch.
my buttons don't light, and if I start the car with the door open, then close the door - the driver window goes express down by itself and will not go up.
So I got a regulator that I probably needed anyway, and putting my old switch back in.
Put my old switch in - the buttons light up and my original driver window problem not going up is intermittent again.
New switch for $22 from ebay = worse than used original:rolleyes:

RF Overlord
06-24-2014, 06:12 AM
Just hate hearing the trash talk from the old man about how I should have bought a toyota. lolTell him to talk to my sister and B-I-L about their Toyotas. He'll hear plenty about how "great" they are...

In case that's too obtuse, they've both said "Never again."

Spectragod
06-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Put my old switch in - the buttons light up and my original driver window problem not going up is intermittent again.
New switch for $22 from ebay = worse than used original:rolleyes:

But cheap is good...... right? Sidenote, I have a few switch assemblies, I could maybe hook you up? :confused:

chief455
06-24-2014, 09:37 PM
But cheap is good...... right? Sidenote, I have a few switch assemblies, I could maybe hook you up? :confused:
Cheap is cheap.
On my Marauder, most very aftermarket replacement parts is of inferior quality to original. Same with my other cars.

I figured - it's a switch - how can they mess that up? WRONG!
Now I'm concerned my true root problem - either the regulator or motor - is a going to be a Dorman replacement.
Will they work?

I'll pm you on the switch hook up - thank you:D

fastblackmerc
06-25-2014, 04:27 AM
Cheap is cheap.
On my Marauder, most very aftermarket replacement parts is of inferior quality to original. Same with my other cars.

I figured - it's a switch - how can they mess that up? WRONG!
Now I'm concerned my true root problem - either the regulator or motor - is a going to be a Dorman replacement.
Will they work?

I'll pm you on the switch hook up - thank you:D

Talk about cheap!

Glenn
06-25-2014, 08:11 AM
It is rare that the window motor is actually bad. It normally is the plastic buttons inside the gear housing that crack and can not push against the window regular gear to raise the window. Replacing the buttons is not difficult. New buttons are available from any parts store for about $3-4.00 for a pack of 3. Three buttons are needed for each motor.

Glenn :burnout:

tbone
06-25-2014, 08:21 AM
I've gone through 2 of the Chinese switches. The express down sometimes works but usually stops about 2 inches from fully open. OEM next time.

fastblackmerc
06-25-2014, 09:19 AM
I've gone through 2 of the Chinese switches. The express down sometimes works but usually stops about 2 inches from fully open. OEM next time.

The website I posted has OEM switches also.

tbone
06-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Saw that. It's in my favorites now.

fastblackmerc
06-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Saw that. It's in my favorites now.

:up: :up:

:beer: