PDA

View Full Version : Ventilation woes.

ausername
06-16-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm having a .. series of problems with my vent/ac system.

I've been reading that a faulty EATC blows though the defog vents.. mine is stuck on panel. Self test indicates nothing wrong 888. The AC seems to not be working either... however I suspect that system needs a recharge. As the lines are only cool not cold. Has anyone an idea where I should look first. I need to get a copy of the service manual for this car lol... I'm an aircraft mechanic and I feel naked without a wiring diagram or a troubleshooting tree.

ausername
06-21-2014, 07:35 AM
Update.. AC is working needed a top up. Temp control works fine. So blend door actuator is ok. I just have air blowing out all vents, floor and defrost at the same time. Gonna try and find a vacuum gauge as I suspect that there may be no vacuum to the eatc module.

Does anyone know what color hose is the vacuum in line?

Thoughts?

RF Overlord
06-21-2014, 09:03 AM
On the back of the EATC, the black line is the vacuum supply.

White- Air Inlet Door
Yellow- Floor/Defrost Door
Red- Floor
Blue- Panel (Vent)

Note: the Red and Yellow go to the same vacuum motor. The other 2 are separate motors.

ausername
06-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Cool.. thanks a million.

Seems to hold vacuum well enough. I took out the eatc and '' forced'' the actuators. Now they seem to operate.. I think there may be some crap in the ducting blocking the door from operating fully. No matter what setting some air comes out the panel vents.. perhaps some time and frequent changes of the settings will get the doors to operate more freely.