PDA

View Full Version : Another BIG THANKS to MARTY!!

CWright
06-30-2014, 03:33 PM
A few weeks ago I had a problem with the tranny not downshifting into first every once in a while. They took out a piece that looked to be part of the spracket but thought it could be from being lodged in from before the rebuild.

Now to last Friday, I went over to Mo's to take a look at the new heads and got there in time for Lunch. Jeff and a friend of his rode with me up the road about a mile to the Mexican place. Edited version: :D On the way back we hit it pretty hard and fried 3rd gear. When we roll up to the light after the run my car didn't want to shift back into first again. I pulled it down to 1st and it wouldn't move, had to start out in second. It just so happens that the guy who built my trans now works for Jeff at the shop. He got in and shifted to first and nothing, then went to reverse, and it wouldn't move either. He said 1st and reverse welded together. What he thinks happened is the piece that he pulled out from was from the spracket and that it wedged between the clutches causing the clutch to burn up between 1 and reverse and caused them to stick together.

I got up at 5:30 Saturday morning and drove 2.5 hours to Summit racing to pick up a few parts for the tranny. (Deeper Pan and trans cooler) Marty's guys got me all back together and running like a champion once again. Once they got in there 3rd gear was fried. Big THANKS to Marty to help me get ready to take the car to Florida on Tuesday! :D

Marauder_Santa
06-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Mo knows Marauders. What's happening in Fla? Safe travels.

RubberCtyRauder
06-30-2014, 05:11 PM
I saw them put it up on lift and in a blink of an eye the trans was out and disassembled and Mark telling Jeff to text you about bigger cooler etc. Glad it is fixed, got mine home after it hibernated at. Mo's for a little while . They did awesome addressing some issues my car had and after driving it home , a little tweak of the tune I think and a exhaust issue I have, but not due to any if their doings. All their stuff they did was awesome to get done all at once.

martyo
06-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks Chris!!!! Show us the love by sending us MO MONEY!!!!! :D

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

martyo
06-30-2014, 05:17 PM
I saw them put it up on lift and in a blink of an eye the trans was out and disassembled and Mark telling Jeff to text you about bigger cooler etc. Glad it is fixed, got mine home after it hibernated at. Mo's for a little while . They did awesome addressing some issues my car had and after driving it home , a little tweak of the tune I think and a exhaust issue I have, but not due to any if their doings. All their stuff they did was awesome to get done all at once.

Thanks Mark!!!!! I want that car back! Please bring it to me!!!

CWright
06-30-2014, 05:33 PM

I came by Friday but everyone was gone to lunch and I had to get on back to Rome. I hate I missed you. Your car is super nice! I hope you'll enjoy the heck out of it. :beer:

Thanks Chris!!!! Show us the love by sending us MO MONEY!!!!! :D

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Soon, Very Soon! :P

RubberCtyRauder
06-30-2014, 09:11 PM
No worries Chris, Jeff said you are often very busy with work and I understand, at least you did stop and I appreciate it, just unfortunate that we went to lunch..You should have come by...you know the mexican place they go to all the time.:beer::bandit: Yes car turned out very nice..had it spruced up by Marty's detail guy and of course had to drive it 680 miles and at least half was rain from TN to OH.
Just have an exhaust drone issue I dont like (nothing the shop did, it already had the exhaust on) It's too loud inside the car while cruising down the highway. Trying to figure what's my alternative to fix.

Kooks ceramic coated, kooks x pipe, I think some magnaflows to factory resonated tips.. and it;s loud..louder than what I want. i didn;t buy it to run up and down the track so quieter and more sleeperish is what I like with some more roar when stepping onthe go pedal hard.

jwibbity
07-01-2014, 05:31 AM
No worries Chris, Jeff said you are often very busy with work and I understand, at least you did stop and I appreciate it, just unfortunate that we went to lunch..You should have come by...you know the mexican place they go to all the time.:beer::bandit: Yes car turned out very nice..had it spruced up by Marty's detail guy and of course had to drive it 680 miles and at least half was rain from TN to OH.
Just have an exhaust drone issue I dont like (nothing the shop did, it already had the exhaust on) It's too loud inside the car while cruising down the highway. Trying to figure what's my alternative to fix.

Kooks ceramic coated, kooks x pipe, I think some magnaflows to factory resonated tips.. and it;s loud..louder than what I want. i didn;t buy it to run up and down the track so quieter and more sleeperish is what I like with some more roar when stepping onthe go pedal hard.

I think Magnaflow makes a muffled x-pipe, that should help take some of the noise out of it.

Keith.Williams
07-02-2014, 09:26 AM
I have long tube headers coming in today will they fit on the stock Marauder exhaust?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

RubberCtyRauder
07-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Which headers? Kooks or stainless works? Stainless works I believe does, I think kooks does not

Black Terror
07-02-2014, 11:00 AM

Try extending Tips 2 inches, I have same setup with extended tips and have no drone at any RPM. Brian here in Marietta did my exhaust when TAF still had a muffler shop. He works for shop on South Cobb at present time. I think his user name is Muffrauder on this site.