PDA

View Full Version : CARLISLE 2015 HOTEL FEELER. INPUT WANTED!

Ms. Denmark
07-02-2014, 01:19 PM

Marauder_Santa
07-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all your work with this. I look for price, quality and location. I also look for Hilton or Marriott because of the points I accumulate from travel with work but will consider staying with the group if it's close to the show field.

I've already put the show on my calendar for next year and this time will take Monday off and travel home Sunday so I can enjoy the day Saturday with my fellow MM owners.

jsignorelli
07-02-2014, 06:07 PM
Hi Paula:

Joanne and I trust your judgement. You work very hard for the club and we have never been disappointed by your choices or itinerary.

You tell us where you made a reservation, and I'll book it tonight.

vkirkend
07-02-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm looking to move next year, 15 minutes away makes it easier to transition.

N40GL
07-03-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm not a fan of the BW, and I'm still working on the other thing, but I vote to get a bit closer and into a nicer property.

cat in the hat
07-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Hi Paula:

Joanne and I trust your judgement. You work very hard for the club and we have never been disappointed by your choices or itinerary.

You tell us where you made a reservation, and I'll book it tonight.

+1 ^

jabird56
07-12-2014, 05:46 PM
+1 for closer accommodations.

Also as busy as retired life is, I'll ask my Event Coordinator to pencil this in for next year.

Mr. Man
07-12-2014, 07:00 PM
I'm not a fan of the BW, and I'm still working on the other thing, but I vote to get a bit closer and into a nicer property.

Interested in what you can get for in and around 100 bucks that is better and won't put us on Rt 11 into the showfield.:)

jsignorelli
07-12-2014, 07:07 PM
I repeat my earlier email. If Paula says this is the place, I'll book it. She has never been wrong before .... except maybe for that purple & orange Smart Car.

Ms. Denmark
07-13-2014, 09:33 AM

Bigdogjim
07-13-2014, 10:54 AM
With a big event like Carlisle put on so many weekends each year no hotel in the area is going to offer discount rate, just the nature of the hotel rate system.

BWP is a good choice for what we need.(maybe some year I will get there:lol: )

jimbok1951
07-13-2014, 11:06 AM
You make the call Paula you always do good and thanks for your time searching. Something closer would be great but as you said, BW has large parking lot, it is basically ours, beds are real comfy, lobby is real nice, and a free breakfast to boot. Winner for me. I will go with the flow.

J-MAN
07-13-2014, 04:25 PM
It would be nice if the event wasn't scheduled at the same time the hotels are so busy.

lji372
07-13-2014, 04:30 PM
It would be nice if the event wasn't scheduled at the same time the hotels are so busy.

:laugh: u crack me up :laugh:

Bluerauder
07-13-2014, 05:11 PM

The graduation of the US Army War College senior leader school happens to be scheduled for that same weekend every year. The Graduation class in 2014 was nearly 400 and draws lots of family and relatives to the hotels on top of an already large contingent of Carlisle Ford Nationals participants. Over the past couple years, I have spoken to parents, wives, and other relatives who stayed at the hotel and were just in town for the graduation ceremonies and activities. The US Army War College at Carlisle Barracks is less than 1/2 mile from the showfield as the crow flies.

Bigdogjim
07-13-2014, 06:43 PM
So we need to someone at the US Army about moving the graduation ceremonies to another weekend:)

jsignorelli
07-13-2014, 06:51 PM
This was the first year that I stayed at the Best Western rather than the Comfort Suites in Carlisle. I began staying at the comfort Suites some years ago when that was the hotel chosen by my Shelby/SAAC club.
I was paying in excess of $ 189.00 for the same room we got at the Central B-W for much less. In addition, the Comfort Suites only has an enclosed parking garage, which you also pay for. The Best Western may be further from the show field, but it is way cheaper. The breakfast was also far superior to the Comfort Suites offering. I don't mind a little traffic. I grew up in NYC, so I am used to traffic. What I can't get used to is over paying for something just because it is a little more convenient.
I vote to return to the Central Hotel and just leave a little earlier for the show field.

PS: the hotels are packed because the shows at Carlisle create the demand.

Bigdogjim
07-13-2014, 09:45 PM
I was going to stay at the Hampton Inn 2 years ago the price was $$189. per night? For 1/2 that I book Best Western (of course work got in the way)

Point is with almost $100. a night less I will ride the miles to get there:)

jsignorelli
07-14-2014, 05:54 AM
The B-W gives us so much more for our money. So I have to drive a little further and sit in some traffic. I was still on the show field way ahead of most of the other cars. I was there for 9:00 AM. If I had left the hotel sooner, I could have beat much of the traffic. I went to breakfast later than planned. It is my fault that I hit traffic.

Ms. Denmark
10-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Update: I have requested a large block of discounted rooms at The Central Hotel for Marauders At Carlisle, 2015. Rooms will be available for our group starting Thursday, June 4th with checkout on Sunday the 7th.

I will post up a new Hotel thread with all the details as soon as I have them. If anyone wants an earlier check in date please pm me.

MarauderJim
10-15-2014, 03:54 PM
I've spent a lot of time in hotels traveling for work and I have found the Best Western to be a satisfactory hotel. The price for what we receive for service and amenities is better than average. I'd be satisfied if we stay there.

cat in the hat
10-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Update: I have requested a large block of discounted rooms at The Central Hotel for Marauders At Carlisle, 2015.

Is this the one we've been going to ?

Mr. Man
10-15-2014, 05:53 PM
I've spent a lot of time in hotels traveling for work and I have found the Best Western to be a satisfactory hotel. The price for what we receive for service and amenities is better than average. I'd be satisfied if we stay there. Thanks, Jim. Seems to be the best option in the area so we'll be staying there again for 2015.

Is this the one we've been going to ? Yes it is, Frank.

jsignorelli
10-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I assume that we'll need three gallons of Sangria this year?

Are we moving ahead of catering rather than pot luck?

cat in the hat
10-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks, Jim. Seems to be the best option in the area so we'll be staying there again for 2015.

Yes it is, Frank.

Great, that place is fine :) Ty. I don't think you can really avoid car traffic around a car show anyway - I don't mind leaving a little earlier in the morning.

Ms. Denmark
10-16-2014, 02:25 AM
I assume that we'll need three gallons of Sangria this year?

Are we moving ahead of catering rather than pot luck? At least three, Jim. That would be one for me and the rest for the rest of youz guyz. We are moving ahead with interest in a catered BBQ and are in the fact finding mode.

jsignorelli
10-16-2014, 05:34 AM
If you need money up front, just send out a general call. I will gladly go along with whatever plan is finalized.

Bigdogjim
10-16-2014, 07:02 PM
I will booked a room and then 2 days before the arrival date I will have to cancel :lol: :laugh:

I guess I can add one more show field pass to the collection :laugh:

Bigdogjim
10-16-2014, 07:03 PM
PS: The Staff makes the Hotel! The Staff there is top notch :up:

Ms. Denmark
10-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Our on-line group registration code will be up and running early next week according to my update. Look for a new hotel thread....:burnout:

Ms. Denmark
10-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Our on-line group registration code will be up and running early next week according to my update. Look for a new hotel thread....:burnout:

jimbok1951
10-17-2014, 05:17 PM
You make the call Paula you always do good and thanks for your time searching. Something closer would be great but as you said, BW has large parking lot, it is basically ours, beds are real comfy, lobby is real nice, and a free breakfast to boot. Winner for me. I will go with the flow.

Awaiting the post details & again like the large lot for all to park together & party. BW is a great place for morning breakfast for to hang before going to show field.

Ms. Denmark
10-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Awaiting the post details & again like the large lot for all to park together & party. BW is a great place for morning breakfast for to hang before going to show field.

Jim, they tell me that for 2016 the hotel will have a brand new outdoor pool and patio area as well as the indoor pool. That could be fun...:coolman:

Dereck
10-18-2014, 04:38 AM
Hi

I've had a hotel room booked since June 23rd :)

Regards

Dereck

jimbok1951
10-18-2014, 04:51 AM
Jim, they tell me that for 2016 the hotel will have a brand new outdoor pool and patio area as well as the indoor pool. That could be fun...:coolman:

Nice, cannonball !!!

PRCARGUY
10-18-2014, 05:43 AM
Subscribing. ;)

Ms. Denmark
10-23-2014, 02:27 AM
Subscribing. ;)

Hi John! Bring the boys with you.

For everyone, the on line reservation info is posted in a new Carlisle 2015 Hotel Thread. It's not too soon to book your room!

J-MAN
10-23-2014, 02:47 AM
Pool? Now where did I pack my speedos?

Ms. Denmark
10-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Update: Our group rate at The Central Hotel and Conference Center is up and running for on-line reservations. Go to the Carlisle 2015 Hotel Thread for all the details. It's not too soon to book your room. See you in June!

cat in the hat
10-25-2014, 03:38 PM
I am a boob, so I better do it now ! ;)