PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Marauder Meet #10 - May 8th, 2004

Butch
04-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Ok everyone.....It's time to start putting together some plans for the next Carolina Marauders Meet.

This one will be held in my neck of the woods, in Greensboro, NC.

I would like to see us meet at 12:00 noon at the restaurant.

Currently, the plans are to have lunch at a new BBQ place here in town. It is very good! Check out their website for a menu.

Smokey Bones BBQ
http://www.smokeybones.com
3302 High Point Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27407
(336)315-8755

If BBQ is out of the question for you, please let me know and I will see what other arrangements can be made. There are many good places to eat in the area.

I have talked to my local Mercury dealer, and he would love for us to stop by with our cars. If we verify that we will stop by the dealership, he will work to get the word out the best he can that we will all be there and for people to come out and take a look.

SIDE NOTE:
My dealer has one '04 DTR on the lot now, and he has the ability to order two more the way the customer wants them. He explained to me that even though Mercury has quit taking orders for them, that he was able to pre-order two more MMs, and could decide at a later time what options/colors that he needed them to be. He has a few months before he MUST place an order of some type for the two pre-ordered ones, so it would be an opportunity for someone to get one like they want! (Marauderman???) The dealer said that not many Mercury dealerships jumped on the chance to do the pre-order of additional MMs, so that is why so many are saying that they can't get one now.

Anyway, please let me know what you think about the BBQ place, and also stopping by the dealership. I will get more info together as the time gets closer, and I will post it here.

Marauderman
04-18-2004, 07:14 PM
BBQ is Great for us!!!

And Count us in for the Dealer show and tell after lunch--How about others--we're there already for lunch --why not right!!!

Thanks for the up date....I'll mentioned your "news" to Ms. M ..although now she seems more interested in real estate...humm.. Tom

dok
04-19-2004, 08:36 AM
BBQ is fine with us. Delaer show sounds fine also.

I will be out of town next week returning on May 5th. I'll catch up with the latest news on this event then.

Butch
04-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Good deal Marauderman and Dok! Glad to hear you will be coming my way for a meeting. Hopefully we can get a few more people.

Anyone from VA??? I'm only an hour from the VA border, so if anyone wants to drive down, please do! Yes, it's a "Carolina Marauder" meet, but EVERYONE is welcome! Just let me know if you will be here so that we know how many people we need seating for.

stevencory
04-26-2004, 04:27 PM
BBQ sounds great and this is an awesome menu.
It's only about 50 miles. Reasonably close!
There's a really good chance I'll make this one.

Thanks,
http://www.unc.edu/~cory/2003marauder.jpg
corys@pobox.com

Butch
04-26-2004, 04:55 PM
That would be great if you make it Steven!

I will be posting some other "things to do" for the day in a post very soon.

Agent M79
04-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Things look like a go fur us as well.

So if I take one of those pre-ordered MMs, Butch, what is the magic order code for the HO DOHC 4.6L like you got? :rolleyes:

Butch
04-28-2004, 05:39 AM
You have to order option code "MORE_HP". Seemed to work for me.....

Glad to hear that both of you should make it also. I hope the weather works out for us!

Butch
05-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Ok everyone....

Let's see who all is coming to Greensboro on May 8th....

I have a few extra things for us to go do that day, if you want to. It is things that I will probably do that day anyway, but would like some of you to come along.

The first is the "Old Time Exhibition". Check out the attached photo for a scan of the flyer for it.

Next, there is the "12th Annual Kernersville Spring Folly". Check out this link for more info. There is a car show at this.
http://www.kernersvillenc.com/springfolly.htm

Let me know what you think about these options.

I'm not 100% sure about us making it to the dealership in time. They have now starting closing earlier in the day, depending on how many customers are on the lot that day. Going to the dealer can be something we play by ear if needed. They would LOVE to see all of us pull into their lot.

If we wanted to try and get some of us together a little earlier in the day, then maybe we could swing by the dealership before we eat, instead of trying to get there afterwards, when they may be closed.

I would really like for all of us to make a "round" to all of these places. They are all within 30 minutes of each other and it would make for a great full day of things to do.

So....If you think you can show up earlier, let me know and I will setup a meeting place for all of us. (Probably the dealership). I wouldn't mind meeting as early as 10:00am if anyone else wanted to, but I will leave it up to the group as a whole.

Oh...And I still want us to eat at Smokey Bones for lunch!

woaface
05-02-2004, 10:22 AM
So where are you guys thinking about going in June?

:wink, wink; nudge, nudge:

Lincoln/Mercury is about 7 minutes from the all of the good places to eat which are in this big group off of exit 54 on I-85 called resturant row.

Just letting you all know, I can plan it out of you guys give me the go-ahead or have any ideas to add.:beer:

-James (Your true and faithful servant):D

Marauderman
05-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Well-
We'll start this show off earily with saying---------

Ms. M and I would love to be there earily

So meeting at 10 Am is ok with us--just tell us where.......

The BBQ for lunch afterwards is fine too........

Well, the other stuff, it depends on the time of day ..cause my daugthter/son-in-law/grand-daughter is at the house from Ashville waiting for us to return from all our fun this day--.

so..that just means, we''ll stay as long as we can--..maybe we should start a car show of our own for the day for a couple of hours at the big show or at the equipment show......J/K....hummm... but anyway.

We're ready for start'n earily---any others for ride'n up sooner....after all--we put this day on the calender for us-----so......the sooner we start ..the more ...fun ....we can have...driving is so much fun in a MM anyway....so... 'Butch'--here's one for ya!!! Anymore?

ps..woface(James) we stay about 1-2 months scheduled ahead for things--so June is either gonna be up at Willies on the Parkway or local at a members back yard for a rest and relax with drinks and food and car shop==did I say that Russel?.......if you know of something for us to consider thats going on down that way ...well...throw it our way for discussion....who knows--we all may just want to come-on -down and meet with just you and the food places and you can show off our cars to your friends.....you never know!!!!
........Tom

woaface
05-02-2004, 05:46 PM
ps..woface(James) we stay about 1-2 months scheduled ahead for things--so June is either gonna be up at Willies on the Parkway or local at a members back yard for a rest and relax with drinks and food and car shop==did I say that Russel?.......if you know of something for us to consider thats going on down that way ...well...throw it our way for discussion....who knows--we all may just want to come-on -down and meet with just you and the food places and you can show off our cars to your friends.....you never know!!!!
........Tom

I'll start planning the best thing I can and I'll give it to you guys to consider whenever...because I'm sure it'll stay the same:D

Agent M79
05-02-2004, 07:15 PM
We are currently pretty open. Would probably lean towards getting in town mid-morning and splitting early/mid-afternoon-ish.

Marauderman
05-03-2004, 04:17 AM
We are currently pretty open. Would probably lean towards getting in town mid-morning and splitting early/mid-afternoon-ish.
Well, thats two of us , and frdwrnch cannot make it this month, we should heard from dok soon..believe they were coming originally.......Tom

Butch
05-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Great! I'm glad that a few of you can make it earlier than originally planned. Come on everyone else.....Let me know what you are going to do.....(Dok - I expect to hear from you after the 5th, when you get back.)

What we will do is meet at the local Mercury Dealership around 10:00am. Anyone that is not able to meet us there at 10:00, can still meet us at Smokey Bones at around 12:00.

The dealership address is:
Gate City Lincoln/Mercury
300 North Church Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 274-0195

There is a couple of different ways to get there, since it is almost in the middle of town. If you don't feel comfortable finding your way through town, let me know and I will meet you in an easier to find spot. (No, not Exit 126.....)

For now, we can meet in the lot between the new cars and the used cars. If the dealership decides on an easier meeting point, I will update you.

Marauderman
05-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Great! I'm glad that a few of you can make it earlier than originally planned. Come on everyone else.....Let me know what you are going to do.....(Dok - I expect to hear from you after the 5th, when you get back.)

What we will do is meet at the local Mercury Dealership around 10:00am. Anyone that is not able to meet us there at 10:00, can still meet us at Smokey Bones at around 12:00.

The dealership address is:
Gate City Lincoln/Mercury
300 North Church Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Phone: (336) 274-0195

There is a couple of different ways to get there, since it is almost in the middle of town. If you don't feel comfortable finding your way through town, let me know and I will meet you in an easier to find spot. (No, not Exit 126.....)

For now, we can meet in the lot between the new cars and the used cars. If the dealership decides on an easier meeting point, I will update you.
Well, We certainly don't mind trying to find our way to the Dealership , but I think it's SO COOL to all arrive at once--It's says something --the way we show up--all at once---kinda means WOW! when people see us pull in all together---so I'll vote for you stageing us and picking us up and leading us into the lot as "ONE GROUP"...there is a word for this --I just can't think of it--darn!!!..

So what do the others think?....Tom

Agent M79
05-03-2004, 03:56 PM
...us into the lot as "ONE GROUP"...there is a word for this --I just can't think of it--darn
The word is ARMADA.

Marauderman
05-03-2004, 04:19 PM
The word is ARMADA.
Not what I was thinking But ----Yeah---that word will do for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

so...do you think that would be cool to arrive as ONE......

Agent M79
05-03-2004, 08:04 PM
...er... uh... STUDLY?

fastblackmerc
05-04-2004, 03:35 AM
Just picked up my '04 Marauder (04/30), just found this forum.

I won't be able to attend this get together, have to go to UNC-Wilmington, my daughter is graduating, that's why I got the Mauarader, no more tuition payments!!

Will be at next get together.

2004 Marauder
55 miles
Black & Black
Moonroof
Heated seats
6-CD changer
All the standard goodies.

Jim

Ok everyone.....It's time to start putting together some plans for the next Carolina Marauders Meet.

This one will be held in my neck of the woods, in Greensboro, NC.

I would like to see us meet at 12:00 noon at the restaurant.

Currently, the plans are to have lunch at a new BBQ place here in town. It is very good! Check out their website for a menu.

Smokey Bones BBQ
http://www.smokeybones.com
3302 High Point Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27407
(336)315-8755

If BBQ is out of the question for you, please let me know and I will see what other arrangements can be made. There are many good places to eat in the area.

I have talked to my local Mercury dealer, and he would love for us to stop by with our cars. If we verify that we will stop by the dealership, he will work to get the word out the best he can that we will all be there and for people to come out and take a look.

SIDE NOTE:
My dealer has one '04 DTR on the lot now, and he has the ability to order two more the way the customer wants them. He explained to me that even though Mercury has quit taking orders for them, that he was able to pre-order two more MMs, and could decide at a later time what options/colors that he needed them to be. He has a few months before he MUST place an order of some type for the two pre-ordered ones, so it would be an opportunity for someone to get one like they want! (Marauderman???) The dealer said that not many Mercury dealerships jumped on the chance to do the pre-order of additional MMs, so that is why so many are saying that they can't get one now.

Anyway, please let me know what you think about the BBQ place, and also stopping by the dealership. I will get more info together as the time gets closer, and I will post it here.

Marauderman
05-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Hey fastblackmerc--- Welcome to the best site for info for your new MM, and to the Carolina Marauders Forum--

We hope you can meet with us often--we originate out of the Charlotte area but we have members all over--so we try to travel to different areas so others can participate and hopefully get a chance to put faces to names and have fun as well.....

You do not state where in NC you located--that helps--We're glad to have you aboard----there is a ton of info here for you---if curious--use the "search " box and if no help--well just ask away here...........Tom

Butch
05-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Showing up at the dealership at the same time is cool with me.

I will let you guys know where we will meet so that we can all head over to the dealership together.

I am trying to figure out a good location for us to meet, that will be easy to find. I should be able to give you guys an address later today.

fastblackmerc - if your plans change for some reason (Like your daughter lied about actually graduating, or something similar...), then make sure you get up with us!

dok
05-05-2004, 04:52 PM
OK We are back. Only drove 3,000 miles in the last week so I'm ready for another road trip. Mid morning to mid afternoon sounds good to me.

Tom, should we meet at the roadhouse. Probably should allow an hour and 15 minutes for the trip so if we are to meet Butch at 10:00, we should plan on leaving the Roadhouse at 8:45.

Sound ok to you?

Bluerauder
05-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Good deal Marauderman and Dok! Glad to hear you will be coming my way for a meeting. Hopefully we can get a few more people.

Anyone from VA??? I'm only an hour from the VA border, so if anyone wants to drive down, please do! Yes, it's a "Carolina Marauder" meet, but EVERYONE is welcome! Just let me know if you will be here so that we know how many people we need seating for.
I make it about 5+ hours from here. Thanks for the invite; but I'll have to pass on this one.

Butch
05-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Cool Dok! Glad to hear you can make it a little earlier.

Ok....I propose that we meet at:

Greensboro Antiques
2401 Randleman Rd
Greensboro, NC 27406

It is on the corner of Randleman Rd. & Meadowview Rd. Yahoo Maps has good directions to it.

They have a large lot for us to pull into and it is easy to find from about any direction. You shouldn't miss the building, but it is behind an Eckerd Drugstore which is in the same parking lot.

We should meet there as close to 10:00am as we can. From there, we will head over to the dealership. Should be a pretty cool trip through town. I think the route I have planned will help us stay pretty close together, even if someone gets stopped by a stoplight.

Let me know if you have any questions about the meeting point, or anything else for that matter!

Butch
05-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Sorry you can't make the trip TSTRAT99....

Maybe next time, or if we have a meeting in Raleigh or Fayetteville, you can just take I95 down to us.

OR....Some of us might like to come up that way if you can get some info about the Dyno over at the Woodbridge race shop there in town. We always like to do some dyno runs!!!!

Hope to see ya sometime soon.

Marauderman
05-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Cool Dok! Glad to hear you can make it a little earlier.

Ok....I propose that we meet at:

Greensboro Antiques
2401 Randleman Rd
Greensboro, NC 27406

It is on the corner of Randleman Rd. & Meadowview Rd. Yahoo Maps has good directions to it.

They have a large lot for us to pull into and it is easy to find from about any direction. You shouldn't miss the building, but it is behind an Eckerd Drugstore which is in the same parking lot.

We should meet there as close to 10:00am as we can. From there, we will head over to the dealership. Should be a pretty cool trip through town. I think the route I have planned will help us stay pretty close together, even if someone gets stopped by a stoplight.

Let me know if you have any questions about the meeting point, or anything else for that matter!
OK Don--Will meet you at the roadhouse at 8:30---huh...BUtch...is there easy directions off I-85 to the Greensboro Antiques place....man on man--if Kathys see that place we may be stuck there....where is my blinders for her?
..or just look up the directions as you suggest----then again I've been known to have to many stops leading the crew enroute to the last meet--duh!.... :lol: ...maybe just follow someone else .......yeah thats the ticket---maybe that red car....hummm.....Agent ..you there??

Marauderman
05-05-2004, 06:49 PM
I make it about 5+ hours from here. Thanks for the invite; but I'll have to pass on this one.
I use to live in Manassas--know the Woodbridge area well--well, use to many years ago--sure it's changed alot--so maybe I would get lost there..maybe.....seems it's longer in hours than that if I recall..closer to 7-8 hours.....but that was in a slower car then....nice you responded thought--maybe we'll hook up someday anyway -somewhere....good luck....Tom

halucin8
05-06-2004, 06:17 AM
I would love to make it. Unfortunately, my MM is back in the shop. There were a few things that weren't quite right after the repairs from the wreck we had in January. Maybe next month.

Brian Stevens

Butch
05-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Marauderman - The Randleman Rd. exit # is 124. THIS EXIT IS ON THE OLD I-85, NOT THE NEW BY-PASS!!!!

(Directions from south of Greensboro)
When you take the exit, go to the stoplight and make a left, which will take you across the bridge. From there, you go less than a mile and the Antique store in on the right. BIG parking lot. Eckerd Drugs on the corner, in the same lot. If you miss the first entrance into the lot, just go to the light and make a right and come in the side parking lot entrance, behind the Eckerds.

Hope this helps!

Marauderman
05-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Marauderman - The Randleman Rd. exit # is 124. THIS EXIT IS ON THE OLD I-85, NOT THE NEW BY-PASS!!!!

(Directions from south of Greensboro)
When you take the exit, go to the stoplight and make a left, which will take you across the bridge. From there, you go less than a mile and the Antique store in on the right. BIG parking lot. Eckerd Drugs on the corner, in the same lot. If you miss the first entrance into the lot, just go to the light and make a right and come in the side parking lot entrance, behind the Eckerds.

Hope this helps!
Just Perfect-Thanks!

dok
05-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Tom-Will be at the Roadhouse at 8:30.

Marauderman
05-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Tom-Will be at the Roadhouse at 8:30.
So will Dave be meeting us about the same time?

Bluerauder
05-06-2004, 07:47 PM
I use to live in Manassas--know the Woodbridge area well--well, use to many years ago--sure it's changed alot--so maybe I would get lost there..maybe.....seems it's longer in hours than that if I recall..closer to 7-8 hours.....but that was in a slower car then....nice you responded thought--maybe we'll hook up someday anyway -somewhere....good luck....Tom
Total distance is right at 300 miles. Depending on how long ago you were in this area, you might notice lots of changes. The population is growing very quickly and has nearly doubled since I came back here in 1989. I have been in and out of this area for 32 years courtesy of my Uncle. Prince William County now has over 300,000 people. I actually live between Manassas and Woodbridge.

Agent M79
05-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Just got out of a meeting with the resulting outcome of me not being able to be in Greensboro this weekend. Frankly, I am surprised this hasn't happened before given the propensity for me to not have a strictly traditional work schedule.

Sorry folks, I am not making it this weekend. I was looking forward to it. I hope this doesn't crimp the plan.

Butch
05-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Fine....Be that way Dave.....Don't stand up to your boss and tell them that you have more important things to do!!! ;)

I was supposed to be in Mobile, AL this weekend for work, but I told them I had something more important to do. No, really...I did tell them that. I am really supposed to be in Mobile this weekend working, but I felt that the short notice they gave me was not fair, so I told them I had something better to do.

So....The rest of my co-workers are in Mobile right now, while I sit here at the office surfing the web....Waiting for the Saturday meet!

Dave - If things change for some reason, make sure you let us know to expect you.

Sorry you can't make it. Would have been cool to have you up here. I was actually going to see if you wanted to bring your kid along. I will most likely have my daughter with me, and it would have given her someone to talk/play with.

Marauderman
05-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Well, we may be twice wounded but we're not down!!

I've done two more things to mine ...she's changed ALOT..the others will just miss out till later then.....

So..Don and I will be there for ya!!!...

Agent M79
05-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Sometimes these things happen. We are 24/7/365 and it is not unusual for me to be here, or available to be here, at hours of the day that I am sure that no human being sees.

I'd love to put the screws to the boss, but in this situation I am the boss and to make it work the way I would like it to would mean screwing some people pretty bad. Having been in their position once-upon-a-time, I would not do it to them.

Have fun. Look forward to seeing the new goodies, Tom.

Butch
05-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Ok Tom...You have me wondering just what you have done now.....

Don't forget your cameras! I know that last time we met some of us was complaining about forgetting our camera.

See ya tomorrow morning. 10:00am.

Fin Harder 92
05-07-2004, 07:01 PM
I'll meet you guys at the dealership @ 10. I didn't know until today if I'd be able to make it but everything worked out.

Take Care

Butch
05-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Great Fin!

I was wondering if you were ever going to ring in on here....

We probably won't actually be at the dealership until 10:15. Meet with us at the Antique store at 10:00. From there, we will all go straight over to the dealership.

All of the info is in the messages above.

See ya tomorrow!

Butch
05-08-2004, 02:04 PM
:D

Ok...I've added some pictures (and a video) to the gallery.

Great fun! Hope everyone enjoyed themselves also. Wasn't the "Big City", but I thought we still had a good time.

Very glad to see new member Steve show up. Would like him to make it to all of our meets!

:D

Agent M79
05-08-2004, 03:38 PM
"Please HELP ME!" What is that?!?

Glad you guys had a good time, post details!

stevencory
05-08-2004, 04:12 PM
What a beautiful day for a wash and a drive.
It was fun to turn heads through town.

Butch's ride is spectacular, it reminds me
of when I was picking mine up.
I know a salesman that REALLY REALLY REALLY
wants to sell a USED machine :rolleyes:
Marauderman's machine and all the
"upgrades" are amazing. Fin explains
things well and his mods make
quite a difference. Doc's is more
silver than I expected and looks great.

Great to meet you all.
Smokey Bones was delicious.
Douuuuuuuuuughnuuuuuuts!

Oh...the "Please Help Me" is from a
Bulldog Alarm (http://www.bulldogsecurity.com) Model 901 (http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/images/Model901.jpg)
*BLUSH*

Thanks again to Butch for organizing.
We'll try to make the future meets.

Marauderman
05-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Well-- I'm finally here to rattle in as usual and I guess I'll start off by saying --WOW--We had a GREAT TIME--

dok(Don) and his Ms with their Silver MM and I and Ms M behind Don, drove up to G.Boro w/o a hitch---although a twin-turbo becken me to play, and I sure wanted too, I though it best to stay with Don and be civil..DARN!!--

We gathered at the Antiques store as planned and Don helped me out with a new can of tire black application and , phoof! New looking shinny tires--Great Stuff--Thanks Don- Then all of a sudden Ms M says --Heres Steve. Cory...There is nothing like meeting another MM owner for the first time--It is SPECIAL..

Then Butch shows up and off we go to the Dealership--and upon arrival into this place "we" all had to announce ourselves with a Big puff of POWER out of our MM's--this was especially cool since it was under a walkover in the shop area...(musta been roaring up there,eh!)

We hung around the dealership and everyone got to see our cars and .....

If anyone is interested in a used MM for $21K.- one w/25K and the other w/18K,.. Black /Silver resp. --hollor up --they have two to go--a Great Deal--both '03's--(BTW)-Not what Ms M was interested in)

Ok --enough of the sales pitch--
After that we went to lunch at Smokey Bones--A great place -very nice inside--after lunch we headed off down I-40 and to Kernesville ,NC to see their Spring Festival --An old car show and some vendors showing their wares--cars were from the 20's to current--a very nice dispay and alot of money in some--Wow! --A Lot of BIG engines hey guys!!

The temp was about 90 it seemed and after about an hour and half--we all were pooped--so Ms M and I lucked out and got a ride back to our cars parked far away for protection by our Host , Mr Butch Handy--thank you sir very much- and we all drove home....

SO...Again --I want to thank all of you who showed up, cause I was late on reading all of the replys on who was coming--duh!--- John -(Fin HArder 92) --(love those come backs John), Steve Cory and Jean- first meet with us--Great!, and Steve, everyone has got to love your "Talking MM"....we did!!--don (dok) and his Silver and the Ms..--glad to see you again--and cover your backdoor on the road!...and of course Butch and Jean...our "host".. We enjoyed it all--I think we all did--I hope anyway--

So..next month---lets see....Fin Harder 92 has some ideas for Raleigh with Steve I believe..so lets see what developes--I just love road trips with MM 's nose to tail....it's so cool....

yeah--it's a long post--but somebody had to do it!--Dave wants to know!

TAF
05-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Sounds like another successful meet for the Carolina Crew!!! :up:

Now...y'all get your butts in your Marauders and head down here on the 22nd for even MORE fun!!!! :banana:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9892

Marauderman
05-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Sounds like another successful meet for the Carolina Crew!!! :up:

Now...y'all get your butts in your Marauders and head down here on the 22nd for even MORE fun!!!! :banana:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9892
Well Ms. M and I will be there--we have our room there waitng for us--We have been wanting to come down to meet the Alt. Breakfast crew for a long time --here is our chance----so count us there.........Tom

TAF
05-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Looking forward to it Tom...ya know, seeing the lovely Mrs. M again.:up:
Oh yeah...and you too Tom...;)
We just need to add a few more folks to Marty's Restaurant/Bar tab for Friday night...:lol: :lol:

Marauderman
05-08-2004, 08:04 PM
We just need to add a few more folks to Marty's Restaurant/Bar tab for Friday night...:lol: :lol:

Oh yeah--the earily show--thats right!---Let see..hummmm...I remember the last time...Nov......hummmm....yeah--maybe we all should get a "driver" set up for us.....J/K....know anyone who wants to drive an MM...hummmm

fastblackmerc
05-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey fastblackmerc--- Welcome to the best site for info for your new MM, and to the Carolina Marauders Forum--

We hope you can meet with us often--we originate out of the Charlotte area but we have members all over--so we try to travel to different areas so others can participate and hopefully get a chance to put faces to names and have fun as well.....

You do not state where in NC you located--that helps--We're glad to have you aboard----there is a ton of info here for you---if curious--use the "search " box and if no help--well just ask away here...........Tom

I located in Cary, southwaest of Raleigh.

Jim

woaface
05-15-2004, 03:15 PM
I located in Cary, southwaest of Raleigh.

Jim
My mom wants to move to Cary...:up:

stevencory
05-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I sent this off to Lynn Walton at Capital Ford (http://www.capitalford.com/cap_main.html), Inc. to see if he
would like to host a meet.

Hi Lynn Walton (mailto:lwalton@capitalford.co m),

I received the air filter you sent. it was easy to install.
I wanted to send you a note to thank you.

I had attended a Mercury Marauder get together a
couple of weeks ago in Greensboro. I was speaking with
some of the other members about Capital Ford's service.
I expressed how good I felt about your service department.

There's a group of Carolina Marauder ethusiasts
who I believe would like to plan another get together
to show off their machines.

Patrick, at Capital Lincoln Mercury (http://flm.dealerconnection.com/pages/present/flm/notlocalized/home/default.asp?orgid=8131&referrer=Mercury) of Cary's service department
had mentioned that one of owners sons at Capital Ford is also a
Marauder owner / enthuisiast.

Please let me know if Capital Ford would be interested
in hosting a Mercury Marauder Get Together.

Thanks again,
Steven Cory

I'll send back if he replies.

Thanks,
Steve Cory