PDA

View Full Version : NY/NJ/CT May Meet ?!?!?

MENINBLK
04-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Okay, I'm taking suggestions for this one...

Since Mother's day is May 9th, lets pick a date, time, and place !!

I need some really good pics of my Marauder, so I'm thinking maybe somewhere
that's got a big green lawn that we can park on a take lots of PICS !!!

What do you guys think??

troopcar
04-15-2004, 07:25 AM
What ever happened to Marauder's (formerly Crown Vic) idea of having a meet in May in his dad's parking lot in Queens? There hasn't been a post on that thread in more than a month.

Marauder? Danny? What say you?

Maybe we should see what happened to that plan before we choose another spot. I believe the idea was to hang in the lot and then either have a barbecue there or move to a nearby steakhouse.

For me, it doesn't matter one way or another. I just want to be able to be outside without freezing.

MENINBLK and all -- If we're not doing Queens, what about the idea of meeting in a park, hangin' out, taking pictures, and then later convoying to a nearby restaurant for lunch?

Saturday, May 15 or Sunday, May 16 might be good dates, but I'm open to other suggestions.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/x/beer.gif

troopcar

Marauder
04-15-2004, 08:22 AM
What ever happened to Marauder's (formerly Crown Vic) idea of having a meet in May in his dad's parking lot in Queens? There hasn't been a post on that thread in more than a month.

Marauder? Danny? What say you?

Maybe we should see what happened to that plan before we choose another spot. I believe the idea was to hang in the lot and then either have a barbecue there or move to a nearby steakhouse.

For me, it doesn't matter one way or another. I just want to be able to be outside without freezing.

MENINBLK and all -- If we're not doing Queens, what about the idea of meeting in a park, hangin' out, taking pictures, and then later convoying to a nearby restaurant for lunch?

Saturday, May 15 or Sunday, May 16 might be good dates, but I'm open to other suggestions.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/x/beer.gif

troopcar

I'd still like to do it but I may plan it for later in the summer...like August. A few things came up in the planning of it cause of my dad's shop but the summer should be firm.

MENINBLK
04-15-2004, 10:43 AM
I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes for May.
It just made sense to start a May post where we could keep all relevant posts under one thread.

MainEngDwarf
04-15-2004, 11:36 AM
May eighth or ninth works for me as well as the fifteenth, I'm afraid other than that is a bust, and I would like to eventually make one of these get togethers

troopcar
04-15-2004, 11:51 AM
I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes for May.
It just made sense to start a May post where we could keep all relevant posts under one thread.

No toes stepped on. It's totally the right thing to do to have a separate thread for each meet. Marauder posted just above you and said the Queens meet is not happening until maybe later in the summer. Just wanted to give him a chance to update us.

That being said, let's plan a meet for May.

Here's my $.02: Since Bigdogjim typically has a long haul to get to our meets, why don't we make it a little easier this time around and maybe pick a spot in the northern half of Jersey? (He's in PA, near Trenton, NJ.)

We could even meet in one of the parking lots at Sandy Hook and see if we can get pix with an ocean background. Just an idea, I happen to like Sandy Hook. Admission is probably free before Memorial Day. My best date is May 15, but am open to other suggestions. May 22/23 is the Ohio meet and the last weekend in May is the holiday.

Ideas, anyone?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/lamp.gif

troopcar

martyo
04-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Do it in June. Hopefully by then things will lighten up for me and I can attend. Just a thought. Carry on.

Krytin
04-15-2004, 03:08 PM
May 15th - Sandy Hook sounds good! I've had good results in the past using water for backdrop w/cars.

Bigdogjim
04-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah! Sandy Hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I'am their!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

:beer: :beer:

jerrym3
04-16-2004, 01:03 PM
There's a Houlihan's right on the Hudson River waterfront in Weehawken NJ; about 1/4 mile from the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel.

There's a pretty big parking lot where pictures can be taken using the NY skyline as a backdrop.

There's another parking lot in the local area where the backdrop is the lower Manhatten skyline and the gapping hole left by the twin towers.

Just a suggestion.

Dan
04-24-2004, 02:04 PM
NJ, ugh. :(

Please move it up into NY state a bit more. I just won't take my Marauder any where near NYC or NJ unless I have to. Sandy Hook is a great idea for the CT contingent. :)

Best,

Dan

DL04
04-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Well whats it gonna be?? If we can agree on a spot I'm sure 1 of our NYC boys must have one of those hibachi thingamajigs - hot food anywhere!!
Dont worry NEXSTAR I'll bring a couple of them brownjugs :up: too.

PhkinQk
04-27-2004, 09:31 PM
We'll be there as long as it's not May 8/9. NY/NJ/CT where ever.......Sandy Hook would be a nice ride of 140 miles one way.

We would say this, let's have just one meet in May. Let's see if we can get all of us locals to it. And if it's a poll we do or by majority or coin flip or whatever, but one a month seems better then watering it down by having multiple meets.....

Count us in.....:)

nexstar7
04-28-2004, 07:37 PM
on a long trip ,i bring a huge coolerfull of beer. a growlwer is always preferd after that weekend. hey dennis i never had beer that good. and i have a nice bbq that will fit in my trunk. so whats the date? :rock: :beer:

reddog69
04-28-2004, 08:26 PM
The weekend of may 9th theres a boardwalk car show in wildwood NJ. The wife and I usually go for the weekend. We are also usually the only MM there. Its more of a classic car thing but last year the Impala ss guys had a good showing. Its a good time. One of the nights, I think Saturday, the main drag has an inproptu car cruz. Lots of places to eat and drink. I'll get the exact info if anyones interested. Thanks, reddog

jerrym3
04-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Do you ever go to the September Wildwood show? That's the one I usually enter my 64 Galaxy convertible. May's a problem because it always hits on Mother's Day.

Didn't make it last September; steering started making noises as I pulled out of my driveway. I went to the show anyway, but could not enter my 94 TBird.
Car was "too new".

The year before, they ran out of spaces on the boardwalk, so I was forced to be just a spectator.

It should be mentioned that, at least in the September show, you must be an entrant to join in the cruise, and newer cars are not allowed to enter.

Show got too big. Year's ago, they held police sanctioned burnouts on a wide, closed off street. I don't believe they are allowed to do that anymore.

reddog69
04-29-2004, 08:32 PM
I've never been to the September show but the May one is really nice. It has gotten kind of big also but there arent that many events to attend in the north east. It seems to me like that any place except NY has really good car show turn out. At any rate its a nice weekend away. reddog

troopcar
05-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Now that May is officially here, I'd like to revive this thread on our May meet. Since the frigid temperature in January didn't stop us, think how nice it would be to meet without freezing to death.

Saturday, May 15, is looking like a good date for most (after Mother's day and before the Ohio gig). I'd like to stick with the idea of choosing a place that's roughly in Bigdog's part of world, since he's always traveled far for our previous meets. Here are some ideas in the running:

Sandy Hook, NJ - "Marauders by the Ocean" Free admission before Memorial Day. Saloon in the park "Seagull's Nest" may be open if the weather is nice, according to park ranger. (Cool place to have a brew and watch the sun set over the bay)

Weehawken, NJ - "Marauders by the River" (idea by jerrym3 who says there's a Houlihan's there)

Any other ideas for locations in the northern half of Jersey? How is everyone for May 15th?

Comments welcome! Please post if you can make the date.

Thanks,
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/captain.gif

troopcar

MENINBLK
05-04-2004, 07:46 AM
May 15th looks good for me, but not for sitting and watching the sun set.

jgc61sr2002
05-04-2004, 02:22 PM
May 15 looks good. Have we settled on a location?

troopcar
05-04-2004, 03:15 PM

We will once we get replies from interested parties. So, everyone please post your availability/thoughts.

Note to MENINBLK: Staying for the sunset is totally optional, considering that the sun sets pretty late these days. (I happened to be at that location the week after 9/11, from which you can see Manhattan across the water. As the sun was setting that particular evening, everyone at that beach saloon saluted the flag, sang America the Beautiful, and then finished their beers. Just brought back memories.)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/licktear.gif

troopcar

PhkinQk
05-04-2004, 04:30 PM
There's got to be a Hooters in NJ. :beer:

Krytin
05-04-2004, 04:50 PM
We will once we get replies from interested parties. So, everyone please post your availability/thoughts.

Note to MENINBLK: Staying for the sunset is totally optional, considering that the sun sets pretty late these days. (I happened to be at that location the week after 9/11, from which you can see Manhattan across the water. As the sun was setting that particular evening, everyone at that beach saloon saluted the flag, sang America the Beautiful, and then finished their beers. Just brought back memories.)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/licktear.gif

troopcar

I'm in for the 15th if it's Sandy Hook - I'm looking for a good back-drop for some nice pictures and this sounds like the right place & sunset is the right time!

PhkinQk
05-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Sunset is the right time!
I like Vodka n Cranberry, but ok, twist my arm and I'll try one of these sunsets too........:rock:

sundaydog
05-05-2004, 04:13 PM
I'm in for the 15th. It looks like we got about 12 going so far.

tbore007
05-06-2004, 12:57 PM
ill try to leave the 15th open...iv been real busy lately planning my wedding..tieing the not june 26th..(i think they call it a shotgun wedding) its a not easy but it will be worth it once its all done..hope i can make it...will post when i have a better idea. Ant

jabo731
05-06-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm not a member of the northeasterm marauders, but I live in Brooklyn and would like to attend to meet some other marauderers if thats a word

troopcar
05-06-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm not a member of the northeasterm marauders, but I live in Brooklyn and would like to attend to meet some other marauderers if thats a word

Congrats on your ride. And welcome to the site. Did you acquire your Marauder recently? Come to a meet and you become a "member."

Please join us on May 15th. Keep an eye on this thread to see exactly where and what time. The meets usually start at noon.

Who knows, maybe marauderer will be in the next edition of Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/k0/ameba.gif

troopcar

jaywish
05-06-2004, 04:08 PM
You know I could really see that as a T shirt.

" I'M A MARAUDERER"

PhkinQk
05-06-2004, 04:26 PM
If I wore that then my wife would wear a shirt that says ....:stupid:

You know I could really see that as a T shirt.

" I'M A MARAUDERER"

Bigdogjim
05-06-2004, 04:26 PM

Well your in now:) That was easy! Welcome aboard!

Bigdogjim
05-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Sandy Hook in the 15th:)

We will find a place a eat:):):)

jaywish
05-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey phnkinqk,

If I wore that then my wife would wear a shirt that says ....

Come on admit it she already has her tee shirt.

I know my wife has them in several colors to match her outfit.

PhkinQk
05-07-2004, 02:02 PM
I think :censor: is more her style shirt, lol.

Hey phnkinqk,
Come on admit it she already has her tee shirt.
I know my wife has them in several colors to match her outfit.

sundaydog
05-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Are we on for the 15th? Weather says it will be ok with rain coming in the evening. Need to know if I should start detailing the car. Someone name a time and place.

troopcar
05-12-2004, 08:22 AM
Are we on for the 15th? Weather says it will be ok with rain coming in the evening. Need to know if I should start detailing the car. Someone name a time and place.

Sundaydog:
Please see my comment in the "Sandy Hook" thread. I'm wondering if the May meet is dead. Seems very few people expressed interest.

Folks, if anyone is still interested, please post now. Saturday is only a few days away. It's now or never . . . (or at least not until June).

Thanks,

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/e0/iwantattention.gif

troopcar

69Marauder
05-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Don't think I can make it this Saturday, I have to go to a family party, but I look forward to the next meet or a mini meet locally.

DL04
05-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Don't think I can make it this Saturday, I have to go to a family party, but I look forward to the next meet or a mini meet locally.

Same here -- see you at the next one

Marauder
05-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Ok...I'm too lazy to read all of this thread to find out where but wasup for sat? I'm might make it...

I didn't see a time and place exactly...

jgc61sr2002
05-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Unfortunatly I can't make it either. :(

Krytin
05-12-2004, 08:17 PM
It looks like June for me! Last minute surprise visit from sister-in-law - lands Friday night & is staying through the weekend!

sundaydog
05-13-2004, 08:01 AM
It seems the May meet is a no-go. Hope there is a June meet. See everyone then.

tbore007
05-13-2004, 10:52 AM
june is going to be tuff for me...if you want, you all can show up at my wedding and do a massive burn out...

Krytin
05-13-2004, 04:57 PM
june is going to be tuff for me...if you want, you all can show up at my wedding and do a massive burn out...

I don't know about burn outs, but if you need to borrow an extra MM for the wedding party - I"ll chaufer for you. I still have a black suit that fits, I think.

troopcar
05-14-2004, 11:53 AM
OK, the idea of having a meet in May has died. May it rest in peace. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/licktear.gif

I still thought it was a good idea to meet before the summer is in full swing, but as a small consolation prize I can now watch the Preakness at home in HD on Saturday (instead of having to record it with an analog VCR). http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/tv.gif

We'll see if there's any interest in meeting in June.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/usa.gif

troopcar