PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Washer Pump

sflrainmaker01
07-17-2014, 08:17 AM
My windshield washer pump just stopped working a few days ago. When I turn it on, nothing. No sounds, tank is full of washer fluid. Where is the pump located and is there any "typical" fixes for this? BTW, wipers work great on all settings as do the turn signals etc.

RubberCtyRauder
07-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Never really checked on the Marauder, but on other cars, see if at the end of the tube in the reservoir is a screen to avoid debris coming into pump, it, overtime clogs up with slime, clean it and it might work..As I said, have done this on other cars before

Jeronimojc
07-17-2014, 09:20 AM
My windshield washer pump just stopped working a few days ago. When I turn it on, nothing. No sounds, tank is full of washer fluid. Where is the pump located and is there any "typical" fixes for this? BTW, wipers work great on all settings as do the turn signals etc.

I have a pump from my wrecked MM. PM me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sflrainmaker01
07-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks! But, where is the pump located?

Jeronimojc
07-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Did you look under the windshield washer fluid reservoir ?

sflrainmaker01
07-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Did you look under the windshield washer fluid reservoir ?

No not yet. I figured I could put up a quick thread and someone would be able to pinpoint the location.

Zack
07-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Check for a disconnected hose on the drivers side of the wiper cowl.....happens to one of my cars all the time.

vegasmarauder
07-17-2014, 05:49 PM
If the pump is not running and the fuse is good, only 2 other real possibilities, the muti-function switch or the pump it self. To get to the pump, the intake air filter box has to come out. Then two screws on the plastic tank. I have had both the pump or the switch be bad on different cars, but usually the pump goes first.

The pump is fed from a black wire with a white stripe that comes from the wiper motor assembly under the hood. There may be an intermediate connector right on the wiper housing on the driver's side that is easier to get to than the wiper motor connector. If no feed from the wiper assembly, then it may be in the switch. This is faster than pulling the air box to check the current at the pump connector.

Jeronimojc
07-17-2014, 10:12 PM
Pump is on the bottom of the reservoir, to the side, attached to it. 39011

sflrainmaker01
07-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Thanks everyone for the info. I'll be off on Sunday. So, I'll give it a look over then. Jeronimojc, if the pump is bad, I'll definitely send you a PM! ;)